PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Countdown - 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Binger
04-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Me thinks Crown pulled a fast one and painted my car yellow over night.. how ironic.. they weren't asleep,,,

YABBA!

Crown 84
04-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Me thinks Crown pulled a fast one and painted my car yellow over night.. how ironic.. they weren't asleep,,,...
Hey! I did mine too while I was at it.

Minta
04-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Are you taking Amtrak? I have traveled all over the US by Amtrak and LOVED IT! In fact we took the train to Disney World, Disneyland and other places. We use to travel on it for 2 to 3 days at a time and get a sleeping car. The rooms are tiny but it was awesome to have a bed and shower on a long trip. It has been years since I went and I am wanting to go again! I been on a cruise once to the Bahamas and much rather travel by train any day over a cruise. There is so much more to see.

You just made me want to hop on the Amtrak site and look over a possible upcoming vacation. I think I am dreaming, money is a bit tight right now, Lol.

Yes we are taking Amtrak - the auto train from VA to Florida and back. It was cheapier to take our car with us on the train then to rent one for a week.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes we are taking Amtrak - the auto train from VA to Florida and back. It was cheapier to take our car with us on the train then to rent one for a week.
I am jealous! Have a fantastic time! cheesy

After I logged out of here I went to the Amtrak site to do some pricing. I sure wish I could do that this year and take my grandkids.

made582
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Good morning.... back to work today as my 4 day weekend came to an end to quickly. Well we bought our train tickets last night. Hubby, the kids and I are going to Florida this summer to visit hubby's mom and to go to Disney World. Kids are excited especailly out little guy as he LOVES trains.

Sounds like a great time!!!!!!!

Annette1990
04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Good Afternoon...
A dreary day here with snow off and on throughout the day. D/D has piano lessons here in a bit and then it will be time to start dinner after that. Hope you all are having a good day!

brent
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Good evening everyone!!

A little late, but I decided to stop in and show that I am indeed alive. I've been busy so busy with sports and school that I have not had the time to come online... Not to mention that I was away all weekend visiting Kim's family in Cornwall. What a delicious trip!! Anyway, I had my first exam today and it went quite well. One more to go plus the 25 page paper! It's all winding down.

I'll do my best to drop in tomorrow at work. I only work in the afternoon, so we shall see how much time I get. I feel so lost without counting down, I think it's a necessary fit into my lifestyle. Of course, sharing the countdown with everyone here is what makes it so special, too.

made582
04-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Well I am headed off to bed. Goodnight everyone!!!!!!!

Christmasstar
04-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

ballcoach
04-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Good morning, good morning, good morning.....hope everyone is ready for hump day! We've been blessed with unusually great weather the past few days, but that's all going to come to a halt this afternoon. We are supposed to have rain moving in a cold front coming with it. I know this might not sound right, but I love a good thunderstorm. There is just something tranquil about them. Anyways.....

Hope everyone has a good day! See all tonight!

Minta
04-07-2010, 07:04 AM
I know this might not sound right, but I love a good thunderstorm. There is just something tranquil about them. Anyways.....

I agree with you so you are not alone in thinking that!!!

Minta
04-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Good morning everyone....hope you had a better start then we did. Forgot the set the alarm clock last night so hubby and I over slept this morning. I hate it when I have to rush around in the morning, makes me feel like my day is off. At least the coffee was ready and nice and hot when we got up, gotta love automatic timers on coffee makers.

Going to head out to the store on my lunch break to see what deals I can find, maybe another gift ot 2 for Christmas.

Have a great day!!!!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-07-2010, 07:43 AM
I am trying to keep from running my air conditioner but it was so hot last night I probably should have. I just dealt with it and used a fan. That is the only problem with our spring/summers here, we have awfully high electric bills. :-? It feels decent this morning and the temps will not be as high today.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Crown 84
04-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Good morning, good morning, good morning.....hope everyone is ready for hump day!.....
Carl is, Coach. He loves Hump Day (for obvious reasons).

Good Morning, Everyone!

Well, as Coach pointed out, we have reached the middle of another week on our Christmas journey.
And the count stands at:
Days to the Season: 220
Days to Christmas Day:262
Under 3 weeks now to both of our next 2 Milestone, the 200 day Season window and the 1/3 marker to Christmas Day.
We are moving along crisply!

We reached 90 degrees yesterday and are predicted to top out at 88 today.
Then cooler weather and rain returns.
(The rain will be welcomed to get rid of some of this "yellow snow" that's all over everything!)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Friends!
As usual, Holiday, Carl and I will look to see everyone at the Shispering Pines who can come.
(And with these warm temps, I'm really looking forward to some sweet southern iced tea!)

Bradmac
04-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I know this might not sound right, but I love a good thunderstorm. There is just something tranquil about them.

I'm right there with ya, coach. Since I was a kid, we've always enjoyed sitting on the front porch during a summer thunderstorm.

Bradmac
04-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Good Wednesday morning, my Christmas friends!

So far, all's quiet on the remodel. My brother-in-law is the contractor, so I can't really "raise sand" at him for starting late. I'm just ready to have it behind me.

I hope you all have a great day! cheesy

made582
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Good morning, good morning, good morning.....hope everyone is ready for hump day! We've been blessed with unusually great weather the past few days, but that's all going to come to a halt this afternoon. We are supposed to have rain moving in a cold front coming with it. I know this might not sound right, but I love a good thunderstorm. There is just something tranquil about them. Anyways.....

We are getting the same weather up here coach. We had a high of 85 yesterday and tomorrow the high is supposed to be 49. They are calling for some strong storms tonight so like brad I will be sitting out on the front porch and enjoying the show.

made582
04-07-2010, 09:37 AM
I am trying to keep from running my air conditioner but it was so hot last night I probably should have.

I almost turned mine on yesterday. The temperature here has been way above normal. I am hoping that it's not a sign of whats to come this summer. :-?

made582
04-07-2010, 09:38 AM
As usual, Holiday, Carl and I will look to see everyone at the Shispering Pines who can come.
(And with these warm temps, I'm really looking forward to some sweet southern iced tea!)

Count me in!!!!!

made582
04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't have much planned for today. I have some laundry to do and I am thinking about doing some baking. I am also going to try and spend some time looking for new candy recipes to try out. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kgstyles
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Well off to bed I go (it's 9 p.m. Wednesday night here). I hope everybody has a great day!!!

Christmasstar
04-07-2010, 10:20 AM

I too love a good thunderstorm, the lightening can be amazing to watch! cheesy

Christmasstar
04-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Good morning everyone....hope you had a better start then we did. Forgot the set the alarm clock last night so hubby and I over slept this morning. I hate it when I have to rush around in the morning, makes me feel like my day is off. At least the coffee was ready and nice and hot when we got up, gotta love automatic timers on coffee makers.

Going to head out to the store on my lunch break to see what deals I can find, maybe another gift ot 2 for Christmas.

Have a great day!!!!
I don't like those "hit the floor running" days either.
Hope the rest of your day goes better!

brent
04-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Good afternoon, everyone!!

We had our first lightning storm of the year last night. Unfortunately, it also carried into this morning. There was brief moments of lightning that forced us to cancel our practice this morning after about 20 minutes of throwing. Practice time is essential right now as we have an important tournament coming up this weekend. Hopefully it doesn't pour a whole lot tomorrow night or else we may be running into the weekend slightly under prepared.

Those milestones are certainly creeping up. I can't wait to hit them. May will be right around the corner afterward, too. Good stuff!! Have a great Wednesday, everyone!!

Bradmac
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
We're heading over to my mom's for supper tonight. Spaghetti with sauce made from scratch. it takes her all day to make that sauce. It's the BEST!

Have a great evening, everyone! cheesy

Christmasstar
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Got my daughter busy making dinner, she is cooking up a pork country stew with herb biscuits. Sounds yummy!cheesy

made582
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Got my daughter busy making dinner, she is cooking up a pork country stew with herb biscuits. Sounds yummy!cheesy

Yummy!!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
We're heading over to my mom's for supper tonight. Spaghetti with sauce made from scratch. it takes her all day to make that sauce. It's the BEST!

Have a great evening, everyone! cheesy

I love home made spaghetti sauce!!!!!cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
We took the grandkids to the Children's Museum today. They had a lot of fun.

Got a few things to get done around the house before American Idol comes on, then off to bed.

Goodnight everyone!

ballcoach
04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
be very, very quiet...after getting kicked out of "The Pines" last week I'm sneaking in this week.....sssshhhhhhhhhh

Binger
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM
you were at the shispering pines?

yabba!

Binger
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM
the coffee there is awesome coach,,

yab,,,,

Binger
04-07-2010, 07:01 PM
260 days tilll DARLENE LOVE IS ON LETTERMEN..

YABBA!

Binger
04-07-2010, 07:03 PM
OACH, mADE, AND I INVITE YOU TO SHARE THE LOVE...

DARLENE LOVE 12/23/10 ON LETTERMEN..

YABBA!.

ballcoach
04-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Love some Darlene Love....as will you when you watch it!!

Annette1990
04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Good Evening!

Been busy this week so not online much. Hope everyone had a good day and even better tomorrow. cheesy

ballcoach
04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Night friends!!

made582
04-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!!!!! It is going to be a cool day here in central indy with a high of 49. I was wearing shorts and a tshirt 2 days ago and today I am in jeans and a sweat shirt. I have a few errands to run today and I think mom wants to go to a few stores. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!!!!! It is going to be a cool day here in central indywith a high of 49. I was wearing shorts and a tshirt 2 days ago and today I am in jeans and a sweat shirt. I have a few errands to run today and I think mom wants to go to a few stores. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will be a little cooler here today as well. I was burning up Tuesday night and it got really chilly last night.

The kids will be here soon. Going to try to find something fun for us to do today. I hope everyone has a great day!

Crown 84
04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
the coffee there is awesome coach,,...
Of course, some of Carl's blends might be a little - um - exotic for your tastes!

Good Morning once again, Friends.

Well we have crested the weekly hump and have begun the downhill coast to the weekend:
Days to the Season: 219
Days to Christmas Day:261
Wow! Only 19 days until we pass through the 200 day Season window.
(Somehow, 19 just seems like more than one less than 20, doesn't it?)

Calm, sunny and covered with pine pollen here in Raleigh.
The paper said this morning that this is our heaviest pollen fall on record and I can believe it!
Fortunately, by this evening or tomorrow morning, we are supposed to get a nice cleansing rain. I can't wait!
We stand at 69 here currently.

Well, you have a Thrilling Thursday, Everyone!
Remember. Tomorrow, Weekend Eve will be here once again!

whitney37354
04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Sorry I didn't come back sooner for an update on my mom! She went into surgery at 8 a.m., out by 9:30 a.m., and released from hospital by 11:30 a.m.! We were home, after a traffic jam, by 12:30.

She had a pain pill before leaving the hospital, and just took one before bed Tuesday night to see if it would help her sleep better. As of yesterday afternoon she hadn't had another pain pill and has been walking around as much as possible to ward off the soreness.

DD has already told me what she wants from her "Uncle Russ" for Christmas! She wants another Barbie doll----she got SEVEN last year! She has a birthday in June, so I think I should have her start a list to put on the fridge. She'll be five on her birthday, so she can help write the list.

Come on Christmas!

Bradmac
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
^Glad to hear everything went well for your mom, Whitney! cheesy

Bradmac
04-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

Mom's spaghetti was a great as usual. I LOVE that stuff; hand-rolled meatballs and sausage in the sauce. Doggone it, I'm hungry again!

It's starting to get overcast here. I can't believe I'm hoping for rain, with as much as we got in the last few months, but now the pollen has taken over my life. Hoping for a lot of rain to wash it away!

Have a great day, everyone! cheesy

Christmasstar
04-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Sorry I didn't come back sooner for an update on my mom! She went into surgery at 8 a.m., out by 9:30 a.m., and released from hospital by 11:30 a.m.! We were home, after a traffic jam, by 12:30.

She had a pain pill before leaving the hospital, and just took one before bed Tuesday night to see if it would help her sleep better. As of yesterday afternoon she hadn't had another pain pill and has been walking around as much as possible to ward off the soreness.

Glad to hear all went well.

brent
04-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Good morning, everyone!!

Thursday. The final day of my work week. But, first, congratulations to your mom on her successful surgery, Whitney. All the best to her and the rest of the family, too. It's an ugly day here in Ottawa. Rain and wind have the temperature sitting below the freezing mark with wind chill. Thankfully, snow is not in the forecast - just this freezing rain!

We have one more practice this evening and then we travel to Ithaca, NY tomorrow for our Sectionals tournament. We're to be seeded second behind Cornell University. They are the defending champions as they dethroned us last year. It should be a good battle! But, we have about 6 or 7 games before we can have our rematch in the Championship game. We need to worry about that first.

I should get back to work. 19 days does seem like one less than 20, but it is certainly a start! Have a great day, everyone!!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Good to hear Whitney!

made582
04-08-2010, 11:38 AM

Glad to hear that she is doing okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
We have one more practice this evening and then we travel to Ithaca, NY tomorrow for our Sectionals tournament. We're to be seeded second behind Cornell University. They are the defending champions as they dethroned us last year. It should be a good battle! But, we have about 6 or 7 games before we can have our rematch in the Championship game. We need to worry about that first.

Have a Safe trip and good luck!!!!!!!!!!cheesy

Maureen
04-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Hello Christmas World!!!!!!!!! How is everybody?? Things are starting to get back to normal after my FIL's death. It's been a tough couple of months with the illness and then his passing.

What have I missed?? How're those fired twinkies doing at the Shispering Pines?? Carl behaving himself?? Binger behaving themself??!! Where are we in the Countdown??

So much time, so little to do - nope, strike that - other way round!!

I've got to CATCH UP!!!!!!

PS
I missed you guys xxx

Bradmac
04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Glad you're back, Maureen! I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

Crown 84
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Hello Christmas World!!!!!!!!! How is everybody?? Things are starting to get back to normal after my FIL's death. It's been a tough couple of months with the illness and then his passing.

What have I missed?? How're those fired twinkies doing at the Shispering Pines?? Carl behaving himself?? Binger behaving themself??!! Where are we in the Countdown??

PS
I missed you guys xxx
Glad to see you back, my plaid friend. Binger will be so happy, they will (almost) spill their coffee.

Carl is doing fine and the Fired Twinkies have never tasted better.
He's still at it with those strange coffee blends, too.
He said something about pollen the other day. << SHUDDER >>

Christmas-A-Holic
04-08-2010, 03:07 PM

PS
I missed you guys xxx
Sorry to hear about your father in law.

Welcome back.

made582
04-08-2010, 04:30 PM

PS
I missed you guys xxx

Welcome Back!!!!

Sorry about your father in law but glad to hear that things are getting back to normal.

Binger
04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey MO Nice to see you=- a cup of coffee in your honor...

YABBA!

Binger
04-08-2010, 05:27 PM
God that spaghetti sounds delicious.. slobber all over the keyboard...slobber slobber...

YABBA!

Christmasstar
04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
I love the songs that "Straight No Chaser" sing...the 12 Days of Christmas ia a great one ( on Merry Christmas Radio right now)
Gets my spirits up and festive again!

ballcoach
04-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Hey Mo! Good to see you!

Hope everyone is going good. Tomorrow is Friday and I couldn't be any happier! Fantastic! We are going to begin testing next week and as all the prep wraps up, hopefully some of the stress will leave. We will see.

No big plan this weekend. Kinda hoping to relax and play in the yard. How about you guys? Anybody got big plans?

Night friends!

made582
04-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Coach- Don't forget saturday night race this weekend.

made582
04-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Well I am off to bed. Goodnight Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

brent
04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm still awake... Oh, the things that having a favourite hockey team that plays on the west coast will do to your sleeping patterns.

Christmasstar
04-09-2010, 05:02 AM

PS
I missed you guys xxx
Maureen, you're back! We were worried, you should have called!

It is always hard to go through the illness and death of a loved one.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OulN3nwHk2eZVM:http://www.thegreengirls.com/blog/image.axd%3Fpicture%3Dburning%2Bcandle.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thegreengirls.com/blog/image.axd&#37;3Fpicture%3Dburning%2Bcandle.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thegreengirls.com/blog/category/Love--Sex.aspx&usg=__YuGiBWU50xXcJWwgIfoH0sCEEM8=&h=768&w=1024&sz=64&hl=en&start=12&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=OulN3nwHk2eZVM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcandle%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26 rlz%3D1T4GGIH_enCA247CA247%26tbs%3Disch:1)

Christmasstar
04-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Chilly morning here at only 0c (wind chill of -4c) It may even snow this morning according to the weather man.

Hope you all have a fantastic day! cheesy

Snow-in-Texas
04-09-2010, 06:33 AM
It's gonna be another busy Friday at work today. But TGIF!!!!!!!

Welcome back Maureen, sorry about your father in law.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Good Friday Morning everyone!

A busy weekend for me. My daughter has to work at the doctors office tomorrow so I will have my grandchildren over, then I go to work on Sunday. It will be a good weekend though!

I hope everyone else has a great weekend.

Crown 84
04-09-2010, 07:37 AM
A clean Good Morning to everyone!

Yes, at last we got a heavy rain which has washed away the yellow pollen scourge (however temporarily)!
It is a fresh, crisp 55 degrees outside currently and we should hold in the 60's today after several days in the 80's and 90's.
It should be clear on through the weekend with slowly rising temps.

Our end-of-the-work-week count:
Days to the Season: 218
Days to Christmas Day:260
Under 2 1/2 weeks away now from the 1/3 Christmas Day mark and only one day more than that to the 200 day Season window Milestone.

Hey! It's Friday!
I hope everyone has a Fabulous one, not to mention a Stupendous Start to a Wonderous Weekend this afternoon!

Minta
04-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Good Morning.... Welcome back Maureen and sorry about your your FIL! It's overcast, breezy, nice and chilly!!! Reminds me of a FALL morning minus the bright fall colors. Making me yearn to bake and watch a Christmas movie but unforately do not have the time.
Well at least I will be baking later - cup cakes for the girls on the softball team. Opening day is tomorrow along with team pictures and our first game. Going to be a long and busy day tomorrow.

Picked up several bags of mulch and plants last night. We plan on redoing the flower beds Sunday, the weather will be perfect sunny and in the mid to upper 60s.

Well have a nice day and weekend everyone!

Bradmac
04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Good Friday morning, my Christmas friends!

Crown's right, the pollen has settled down...at least for a while. YeeHaw!

It's a beautiful, cool, sunny Friday and I want to go bass fishing instead of sitting at this desk. Oh, well. Maybe tomorrow morning, right?

Undrtakr
04-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Good morning all! Light snow flurries here in London Ontario Canada. Makes me want to put up the tree haha. OH and update. No more crutches. I'm walking on my own, slowly but I am. Have a great day all!

made582
04-09-2010, 09:03 AM
It is another chilly morning here in Indy. We currently stand at 37 degrees and they are callling for a high of 54. Most of today is going to be devoted to watching nascar coverage and golf coverage later. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-09-2010, 09:04 AM
No more crutches. I'm walking on my own, slowly but I am.

That is great to hear!!!!!!

made582
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Opening day is tomorrow along with team pictures and our first game. Going to be a long and busy day tomorrow.

GOODLUCK with your first game tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-09-2010, 09:07 AM
It's gonna be another busy Friday at work today. But TGIF!!!!!!!

At least time seems to go faster when your busy!!!!!!cheesy

Undrtakr
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I agree. But TGIF!!!!

Christmasstar
04-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Good morning all! Light snow flurries here in London Ontario Canada. Makes me want to put up the tree haha. OH and update. No more crutches. I'm walking on my own, slowly but I am. Have a great day all!
It has been a long haul for you, glad to hear you are finally getting moving again.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes, at last we got a heavy rain which has washed away the yellow pollen scourge (however temporarily)!

!

Crown's right, the pollen has settled down...at least for a while. YeeHaw!

cheesy
Good to hear the pollen is down. Nothing worse than a bad allergy attack.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
OH and update. No more crutches. I'm walking on my own, slowly but I am. !
So good to hear you are walking on your own!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Good Morning.... Welcome back Maureen and sorry about your your FIL! It's overcast, breezy, nice and chilly!!! Reminds me of a FALL morning minus the bright fall colors. Making me yearn to bake and watch a Christmas movie but unforately do not have the time.
Well at least I will be baking later - cup cakes for the girls on the softball team. Opening day is tomorrow along with team pictures and our first game. Going to be a long and busy day tomorrow.

Picked up several bags of mulch and plants last night. We plan on redoing the flower beds Sunday, the weather will be perfect sunny and in the mid to upper 60s.

Well have a nice day and weekend everyone!

Have a great weekend!

It is another chilly morning here in Indy. We currently stand at 37 degrees and they are callling for a high of 54. Most of today is going to be devoted to watching nascar coverage and golf coverage later. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy racing and golf!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
My back has gone out and I am really feeling crummy today. I have the kids here and it's a little difficult having an 8 month old baby that needs to be picked up. My son is here to help though but he don't know how to do all the baby stuff like I do, lol. I just want to lay down, I am really tired. I will not have a day off from babysitting or work until Saturday, April 17. :-? The kids are a lot of fun but I really need a full day of rest to get over this backache. Maybe this achy stuff will go away tomorrow! cheesy

made582
04-09-2010, 12:55 PM
My back has gone out and I am really feeling crummy today. I have the kids here and it's a little difficult having an 8 month old baby that needs to be picked up. My son is here to help though but he don't know how to do all the baby stuff like I do, lol. I just want to lay down, I am really tired. I will not have a day off from babysitting or work until Saturday, April 17. :-? The kids are a lot of fun but I really need a full day of rest to get over this backache. Maybe this achy stuff will go away tomorrow! cheesy

I hope you get feeling better!!!!!!!

Binger
04-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Vicious rain here now mycar isn't yellow any longer.. I again suspect Crown of mischief..

YABBA!

Binger
04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
18 days till we see the 100s... hard hard to believe..

here is something else hard to bleive.. I have only had 8 cups of coffee today... a slow slow day.. kind of sluggish..

YABBA!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
18 days till we see the 100s... hard hard to believe..

here is something else hard to bleive.. I have only had 8 cups of coffee today... a slow slow day.. kind of sluggish..

YABBA!
*Pours Binger another cup of coffee* There ya go! cheesy

made582
04-09-2010, 10:39 PM

YABBA!

If I had 8 cups of coffee I would be up until next weekend. :lol:

made582
04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Well it has been a pretty good day but now I am tired and headed off to bed. GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
They just announced that they found the other 4 miners and that none of them made it. My prayers go out to their family and friends.

Wenceslaus
04-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Tickets for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular (http://www.ticketcity.com/theatre-tickets/broadway-tickets/radio-city-christmas-spectacular-tickets.html) in New York are now on sale.

Dr. Who (http://www.tvovermind.com/doctor-who-tv-news/doctor-who-2010-christmas-special-and-2011-season-confirmed/20407) fans: There will be a Christmas 2010 special.

A Christmas Countdown 2010 clock (http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/justforfun/christmascountdownclock2010.html), for users of Mac OS X.

Visit London (http://www.visitlondon.com/events/detail/7246663), the official tourism site, hopes you will visit at Christmas 2010.

Christmasstar
04-10-2010, 06:10 AM
Woke to -2c and frost...brrr! But, it is going to be a beautiful sunny day and up to +12c.
Heading out to the farmers market with my mom this morning.

Have a great day everyone!! cheesy

Crown 84
04-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Vicious rain here now mycar isn't yellow any longer.. I again suspect Crown of mischief.....
MISCHIEF?
Hey! Count your blessings I was merciful!

And yes, I had enough left over to service the Raleigh area which now looks much cleaner than it did on Thursday.

OK, a Good, pollen-free Morning to one and all!

The sun is shining, birds are singing, dogs are barking, children are screaming, Binger is chirping - er - slurping, and all is right with the world.
We stand at a suprisingly chilly 48 degrees here this morning, bound for a 68 degree predicted high.
Then the 70s' are to return for tomorrow, with nothing but sunny days in the forecast!

Our kickoff-to-the-weekend count:
Days to the Season: 217
Days to Christmas Day:259
Two weeks from the day after tomorrow = the 1/3 Christmas Day milestone.
Then, just a single hop to the 200 day Season window, by which time we will be under a month away from the HALF-WAY Season mark.
Mercy!

Well, I hope your weekend is off to a great start and that you are having (or will have) a Sensational Saturday!
Keep that Christmas song in your heart.

ballcoach
04-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Tickets for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular (http://www.ticketcity.com/theatre-tickets/broadway-tickets/radio-city-christmas-spectacular-tickets.html) in New York are now on sale.

Dr. Who (http://www.tvovermind.com/doctor-who-tv-news/doctor-who-2010-christmas-special-and-2011-season-confirmed/20407) fans: There will be a Christmas 2010 special.

A Christmas Countdown 2010 clock (http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/justforfun/christmascountdownclock2010.html), for users of Mac OS X.

Visit London (http://www.visitlondon.com/events/detail/7246663), the official tourism site, hopes you will visit at Christmas 2010.

Wence....thank you so much for this! Before I came here and thought I was the only crazy person in the world who looked for Christmas in March and April, but now I come here and see this stuff and sneak peaks of catalogs (which I patiently await) and it just makes my day. Thank you so much!

ballcoach
04-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Also, how could I forget to thank Made for reminding me there was a race on Saturday and Binger for coffee and Darlene Love.

Brad, 75, sunshine, and no wind....got a little shady spot that I'm going to go practice my catch and release technique.

made582
04-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Coach and Brad- Hope you are having fun out by or on the water.

made582
04-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Well it is a beautiful day here. It started out with a chilly morning and frost on the windows but the temperature has risen all the way up to 72 right now. Me and mom were starting to get on each others nerves after 4 weeks of being around each other constantly so I took off this morning and went to do some hiking. I went to the boy scout camp that I use to work at and visited with the ranger for awhile and then hit one of the trails that is about 5 miles long. I don't get to get out in the woods as much as I would like to anymore so I defintely enjoyed it. Now I plan on resting until the race coverage starts.

Wenceslaus
04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
The Capitol Christmas Tree (http://www.capitolchristmastree2010.org/), in Washington, will come from Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming.

Rock Band 3 (http://www.inquisitr.com/66086/rock-band-3-confirmed-for-christmas-2010/), the next version of the hit video game, will be out at Christmas.

Peter Pauper Press (http://www.peterpauper.com/index.php?cPath=27_89) brings out this month its 2010 line of Christmas cards.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I hope you get feeling better!!!!!!!
Thank you Made!

I went to bed as soon as the kids left yesterday. I really felt bad. When I woke up I still felt bad but about an hour later and some coffee and breakfast I started feeling better. My back is still a little achy but at least I have some energy and got a lot done today.

made582
04-10-2010, 06:25 PM
I went to bed as soon as the kids left yesterday. I really felt bad. When I woke up I still felt bad but about an hour later and some coffee and breakfast I started feeling better. My back is still a little achy but at least I have some energy and got a lot done today.

Gald to hear that you are starting to feel better!!!!!

made582
04-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Coach- 122 laps in and It's not looking all that great.

Undrtakr
04-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Rock Band 3 (http://www.inquisitr.com/66086/rock-band-3-confirmed-for-christmas-2010/), the next version of the hit video game, will be out at Christmas.

Rock Band 3 YES PLEASE :) hehe

Undrtakr
04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Ahhh. 11:33pm and its my time now. Christmas music and surfing the net. Nice and warm in my basement office. Hope everyone else is taking it easy this Saturday evening. William had his 1 year shots on Thursday and was taken to emergency with a fever of 104 Friday. He is fine just a fever now due to the immunization shots. Was supposed to have some friends over for a well deserved video game night but plans fell through. Oh well. Gives me time to listen to Christmas music without people looking at me like I'm insane. HAHA. Have a great evening all!

made582
04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Have fun Undrtakr!!!!!!

made582
04-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Coach- Well it wasn't that great of a race but I'll take it. Junior is still 10th in points and finally someone other than johnson won!!!!!!!

Binger
04-10-2010, 09:45 PM
8 cups.. ohh Made.. you child..

YABBA!

Binger
04-10-2010, 09:45 PM
cooler here today.. butnice.. 70s. windy- nice time for coffee..

YABBA!

made582
04-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Well it has been a long day and I am going to head to bed. Goodnight everyone!!!!!!

Smiley21
04-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi guys,

I'm back! I've taken a "sabbatical" from here lol! I hope all is well with everyone. I try to get on when I can, I'm just so busy with school & my family.

Jeff Westover
04-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Got my first sunburn of the season today. A sure sign we're closer to Christmas.

Annette1990
04-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Good Morning!
Checking in with everyone. I have been on the go. My sister who is pregnant and due anytime. Went in yesterday to be induced but the baby was not turned correctly and they sent us home. Guess he isn't ready to come into the world just yet. She has an appt. on Monday to check for any changes. We have been busy with our home lately. We are in the process of getting the metal roof put on. Plan to go over today and continue with this phase of it all. Although I don't dare get on the roof there is plenty of other things I can do....*L
I can relate to Jeff's post about his sunburn...when s/o was on the roof yesterday his face was sunburned from the reflection of the roof. Well I hope you all are doing well? It's time for more coffee so I am signing off for now!!!!

Christmasstar
04-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Beautiful sunrise today and going to be a nice day at 15c. I have to take a charter out today so will not be back until late this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great day! cheesy

Christmasstar
04-11-2010, 05:38 AM
[quote=Annette1990;238574]Good Morning!
Checking in with everyone. I have been on the go. My sister who is pregnant and due anytime. Went in yesterday to be induced but the baby was not turned correctly and they sent us home. Guess he isn't ready to come into the world just yet. She has an appt. on Monday to check for any changes. quote]
praying all goes well with your sister.

Christmasstar
04-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Good Morning!
I can relate to Jeff's post about his sunburn...when s/o was on the roof yesterday his face was sunburned from the reflection of the roof. Well I hope you all are doing well? It's time for more coffee so I am signing off for now!!!!

Jeff WestoverGot my first sunburn of the season today. A sure sign we're closer to Christmas.
for those with sunburns, hope it heals quickly! It will be awhile yet before we hit sunburn weather.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-11-2010, 06:43 AM
William had his 1 year shots on Thursday and was taken to emergency with a fever of 104 Friday. He is fine just a fever now due to the immunization shots.
I am glad he will be ok. It's scary when kids get fevers.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Hi guys,

I'm back! I've taken a "sabbatical" from here lol! I hope all is well with everyone. I try to get on when I can, I'm just so busy with school & my family.
Welcome back!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Good Morning!
Checking in with everyone. I have been on the go. My sister who is pregnant and due anytime. Went in yesterday to be induced but the baby was not turned correctly and they sent us home. Guess he isn't ready to come into the world just yet. She has an appt. on Monday to check for any changes. We have been busy with our home lately. We are in the process of getting the metal roof put on. Plan to go over today and continue with this phase of it all. Although I don't dare get on the roof there is plenty of other things I can do....*L
I pray all goes well with your sister.

A metal roof would be great. My boss has one on his house and he said it sounds nice when it rains. He says it puts him right to sleep.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-11-2010, 06:48 AM
A busy day for us. We are going to pick up my grandsons this morning and take them to church with us. After church I will be going to work.

What are everyones plans for today?

I hope you all have a great Sunday!

ballcoach
04-11-2010, 07:01 AM
A busy day for us. We are going to pick up my grandsons this morning and take them to church with us. After church I will be going to work.

Gotta go to work, too!

ballcoach
04-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Made, not a good night for us, huh? But I guess it could have been worse!

ballcoach
04-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Well, another Sunday is at my door and it brings me a full pot of coffee. FANTASTIC! Going to sit and read the board and check out some Christmas websites. This afternoon I will work for a little while and then back home to hang out with my wife.

Had alot of fun yesterday. Hanging with Dad and eating with sis-in-law and bro-in-law was alot of fun.

Well, I'm off to do some reading. See everyone later.

Crown 84
04-11-2010, 08:02 AM
8 cups.. ohh Made.. you child.....
Indeed.
Bing thinks in terms of decanters, not mere cups. I mean, really now!

What a beautiful morning outside!
Yes, the birds are singing (although there are no barking dogs, screaming children and Binger's slurping is strangely quiet. Ah! They must be in a coffee stupor!).
We stand at a crisply walkable 52 degrees currently but the weather service promises 76 by this afternoon.
Great!

Our count (and I don't mean the pollen count!):
Days to the Season: 216
Days to Christmas Day:258
Our next Milestone, the 1/3 Christmas Day mark, will be here two weeks from tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it is my sister's birthday.
We celebrated yesterday, however, for everyone's convenience and my nieces wanted to take her to a Brazilan restaurant called "Brasa".
They have painted rocks on the tables, red on one side and green on the other. If you want the waiters to bring meat, you turn it from the red to the green side. (I guess every place needs its quirks!)
Anyway, the food was good.

Well, get all rested up to begin moving another week closer to Christmas tomorrow.
.....And, oh yes! Have a Super Sunday while you're at it!

ballcoach
04-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Just had a whole pot of coffee....I'm so hyper it's crazy!!! Think I'm going to go for a run....

Binger
04-11-2010, 10:33 AM
did someone say coffee?

yabba!

Binger
04-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I hear Brazil has greatr coffee....

YABBA!

made582
04-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi guys,

Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Good Morning!

Tell your sister good luck and I love the look of a metal roof.cheesy

made582
04-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Have fun at work and take it easy on your back!!!!!

made582
04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Made, not a good night for us, huh? But I guess it could have been worse!

Do you think chad knaus could crew chief two cars at the same time? I think we could sell him on the idea if we point out that he would go down in history.:lol:

made582
04-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Well it is a beautiful here. I have been to church and then I took mom do some shopping. The rest of the day is devoted to doing some cleaning around the house and I will probally watch some of the masters coverage. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmasstar
04-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I pray all goes well with your sister.

A metal roof would be great. My boss has one on his house and he said it sounds nice when it rains. He says it puts him right to sleep.
I once attended a family camp near Nelson BC when my kids where small. They had a main meeting hall made of metal, looked like this:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:PKVW1SDQPfF2UM:http://www.steelmasterusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/009-1024x768.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.steelmasterusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/009-1024x768.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.steelmasterusa.com/steel-horse-barn-keeps-trikk-pony-cool&usg=__Pul5c_51kcrSNtwCyeLxqSwQpSU=&h=768&w=1024&sz=217&hl=en&start=52&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=PKVW1SDQPfF2UM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinstant%2Bmetal%2Bbarn%26start%3D40%2 6um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_enCA247 CA247%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1)
One afternoon it began to rain, and rain, then it came down so had and fast we had to put the meeting on hold as no one could hear anyone talking! Some had their hands over their ears, most were just laughing about it. Made it a memorable camp!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I once attended a family camp near Nelson BC when my kids where small. They had a main meeting hall made of metal, looked like this:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:PKVW1SDQPfF2UM:http://www.steelmasterusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/009-1024x768.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.steelmasterusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/009-1024x768.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.steelmasterusa.com/steel-horse-barn-keeps-trikk-pony-cool&usg=__Pul5c_51kcrSNtwCyeLxqSwQpSU=&h=768&w=1024&sz=217&hl=en&start=52&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=PKVW1SDQPfF2UM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinstant%2Bmetal%2Bbarn%26start%3D40%2 6um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_enCA247 CA247%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1)
One afternoon it began to rain, and rain, then it came down so had and fast we had to put the meeting on hold as no one could hear anyone talking! Some had their hands over their ears, most were just laughing about it. Made it a memorable camp!
Wow! That made for a noisy event. cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic
04-11-2010, 06:20 PM
The gardeners were out today! We were so busy at work they were lined up out the door buying LOTS of veggie plants, herbs and flowers! I am tired but at least my back held up well.

Jeff Westover
04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
My son made the high school baseball team as a sophomore and he's been pitching alot recently. I have never known such anxiety as when he is out there on the mound. He's doing well...but he's killing me.

made582
04-11-2010, 08:48 PM
The gardeners were out today! We were so busy at work they were lined up out the door buying LOTS of veggie plants, herbs and flowers! I am tired but at least my back held up well.

I am glad to hear that your back held up!!!!!cheesy

ballcoach
04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
My son made the high school baseball team as a sophomore and he's been pitching alot recently. I have never known such anxiety as when he is out there on the mound. He's doing well...but he's killing me.

Keep me updated! I love high school and college baseball!

ballcoach
04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh, how I love a nice laid back Sunday! Too bad it's over. But the weekend will be back upon us before you know it and we will be on the front door to the 100's until the season.

Tomorrow, Made and me will celebrate our 1 year here day! Congrats to us, my dear cyber friend!

made582
04-11-2010, 09:07 PM
On the 15th, Made and me will celebrate our 1 year here day! Congrats to us, my dear cyber friend!

It is hard to believe that it has almost been a year friend!!!!! I hope you have enjoyed it as much as me!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Well I am going to head to bed. I have to babysit tomorrow so I am going to try and get a goodnight sleep. Goodnight Everyone!!!!!!!!!

xmas365
04-11-2010, 09:13 PM
This has been a tough weekend for myself, I came down with a nasty cold Thursday, it actually knocked me in bed for Friday and Saturday. I had to have my wife stay home from work on Friday to help care for the kids, I had a headache for more than 48 hours straight where I was so sensitive to light my eyes were watering endlessly. We were able to go out today and treat my older son whos birthday is Tuesday, to pick out his first bicycle and baseball glove as his birthday gifts, he is so happy about his bike. I over did it I am knocked out physically, but I can't sleep anyway. Your child only gets his first bike once so it was all worth it. Good night MMC family

Crown 84
04-12-2010, 05:48 AM
I hear Brazil has greatr coffee.....
And I have heard a rumor that Bing is a major factor in Brazil's economy.
Just a rumor, mind you.

Good Morning, Friends!

Another week, another step closer to Christmas, another count figure:
Days to the Season: 215
Days to Christmas Day:257
Two weeks from today, folks - the 1/3 mark to Christmas Day.
Two weeks from tomorrow, folks - the 200-day Season Window.
"Milestones may come
Milestones may go
But Bing drinks on
Wouldn't you know"
<< GROAN >>
Hey! Best I can do on a moment's notice!

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everyone!

Snow-in-Texas
04-12-2010, 06:16 AM
This has been a tough weekend for myself, I came down with a nasty cold Thursday, it actually knocked me in bed for Friday and Saturday. I had to have my wife stay home from work on Friday to help care for the kids, I had a headache for more than 48 hours straight where I was so sensitive to light my eyes were watering endlessly. We were able to go out today and treat my older son whos birthday is Tuesday, to pick out his first bicycle and baseball glove as his birthday gifts, he is so happy about his bike. I over did it I am knocked out physically, but I can't sleep anyway. Your child only gets his first bike once so it was all worth it. Good night MMC family

Sorry you are feeling so bad, sure hope you feel better soon. I am glad you were able to get out and get your son's birthday presents, I know that meant a lot.

Bullypup
04-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Hello friends! I took a nice two day getaway to lovely Galena Illinois. It's such a historic and charming little town. I really needed to decompress and enjoy a couple days and I did just that. I hope you all have a great week.

made582
04-12-2010, 06:35 AM
This has been a tough weekend for myself, I came down with a nasty cold Thursday, it actually knocked me in bed for Friday and Saturday. I had to have my wife stay home from work on Friday to help care for the kids, I had a headache for more than 48 hours straight where I was so sensitive to light my eyes were watering endlessly.

I hope you get feeling better soon!!!!

made582
04-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Hello friends! I took a nice two day getaway to lovely Galena Illinois. It's such a historic and charming little town. I really needed to decompress and enjoy a couple days and I did just that. I hope you all have a great week.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your getaway!!!!!

made582
04-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Good morning everyone!!! It looks like another nice day here. I am getting ready to go babysit my nieces this morning so my sister can go to the doctor for a check up and then she has to go my nieces parent teacher conference. Then it will be back home to do some cooking. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Sorry you been so sick.

I am glad your son enjoyed his gifts!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Glad you had a nice time!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Good morning everyone!!! It looks like another nice day here. I am getting ready to go babysit my nieces this morning so my sister can go to the doctor for a check up and then she has to go my nieces parent teacher conference. Then it will be back home to do some cooking. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy your day!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-12-2010, 07:00 AM
My grandkids will be over shortly and the busy week begins! Hopefully we can find something fun to do today. If we don't go anywhere, we can at least get outside in the warm sunshine!

Anyone have any great plans for your Monday?

cheesy

Christmasstar
04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Lunch time already! Been to the YMCA for my workout this morning. It is a nice sunny day so far. Going on a bus charter again this evening.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!cheesy

Bradmac
04-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Good Monday afternoon, my Christmas friends!

I had to meet with the contractor on our house remodel this morning. He also happens to be my brother-in-law, so he better do a good job or his sister will give him what-for.

We had another Easter egg hunt yesterday at Nancy's uncle's house. Had a lot of fun. I talked with a cousin of Nancy's who wants to take me and my son turkey hunting this weekend. I've never been, so this'll be a lot of fun!

I hope everyone has a great day! cheesy

made582
04-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I talked with a cousin of Nancy's who wants to take me and my son turkey hunting this weekend. I've never been, so this'll be a lot of fun!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I am home from my sisters now. My oldest niece was terrible this morning. She is starting to get quite an attitude for a 5yr old. This afternoon I am going to make some turkey salad and then some brownies.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I am home from my sisters now. My oldest niece was terrible this morning. She is starting to get quite an attitude for a 5yr old.

I had that issue with my oldest grandson when he was 4 years old. Seemed that he was going through "terrible 4's" instead of 2's. He is 6 years old now, a good kid and much more easier to get along with. I was afraid that when he started school he would get in trouble a lot. He has been in school for 2 years now and has never been a problem. Hopefully your niece will outgrow it like my grandson did. cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
My day turned out to not be quite as long as I expected it to be. My mother watched the kids for a couple of hours this morning then dropped them off to me. I was suppose to keep them until 5:30 pm but their father got off around 2:00 pm and picked them up. I am going to get a few chores done then rest! I have been running like crazy this past week.

Annette1990
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Good Afternoon!

Not a bad day here. The weather has been cooperating which is nice so we can get our metal roof finished out. We are almost done and it looks terrific. Mid 50's here today with blue skies. The clouds are slowing moving in and the weatherman is predicting rain/snow mix after midnight. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Wenceslaus
04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Holiday vacation packages to New York City (http://www.examiner.com/x-21128-Newark-Luxury-Travel-Examiner~y2010m3d26-Its-beginning-to-look-like-Christmas-2010) are now available.

Video game Mortal Kombat 9 (http://www.trmk.org/news/12794/santa_to_deliver_mortal_kombat_9_on_christmas_2010 .html) will be in Santa's gift bag.

Stephen Colbert's A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7I18SmJ2yA) won for Best Comedy Album at the 2010 Grammy Awards.

ballcoach
04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey guys! Late night for us here! Had to work a really long day and I'm tired as I can be. But hey, that's part of the job. At least it was a good day.

Bout to head out. I'm pretty sleepy and it's my bedtime. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.

made582
04-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Goodnight Coach and everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullypup
04-13-2010, 06:06 AM
It's a lovely day in middle America. Have a good one!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Good Morning! I feel great today and ready for the kids to come over. I hope we can find something fun to do today.

Anyone have any big plans for today? I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Crown 84
04-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Things are pretty nice here in eastern America as well.
It is a beautiful, sunny morning here in Raleigh where we stand at 57 nicely walkable degrees.
We should top out this afternoon in the mid-70's with no rain in the forecast on through the weekend.
It can't get much better than that!

Our ever-advancing count:
Days to the Season: 214
Days to Christmas Day:256
For those very bad at math, we are only 2 weeks away now from the 200-day Season Window.
And we are now UNDER 2 weeks off from the 1/3 Christmas Day mark.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

Bradmac
04-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

Crown's right, it's beautiful here in the southeastern US today. If only the pollen would disappear. Ok, I'll stop complaining about my allergies.

My son is going to the regional spelling bee tomorrow, so I'll be out all day with that. Both of my kids have been before, and Jacob loves it (he's a ham), but Elizabeth gets such stage-fright that she doesn't do well. The last time she went, she came off the stage crying. That broke my heart. We decided then that we wouldn't allow her to participate again until she was a little older, and I think it was a good decision. Jacob will have a blast, anyway. Then, he and I go to Space Camp in Huntsville, AL next week with his class. Fun, fun!

made582
04-13-2010, 08:54 AM

I agree it is beautiful here!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-13-2010, 08:56 AM
My son is going to the regional spelling bee tomorrow, so I'll be out all day with that.

Tell Him Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-13-2010, 08:59 AM
It is a beautiful day here. I don't have much planned today. I am thinking about making some cinnamon rolls and maybe a batch of cookies. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mgramsey
04-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Crown's right, it's beautiful here in the southeastern US today. If only the pollen would disappear. Ok, I'll stop complaining about my allergies.

My son is going to the regional spelling bee tomorrow, so I'll be out all day with that. Both of my kids have been before, and Jacob loves it (he's a ham), but Elizabeth gets such stage-fright that she doesn't do well. The last time she went, she came off the stage crying. That broke my heart. We decided then that we wouldn't allow her to participate again until she was a little older, and I think it was a good decision. Jacob will have a blast, anyway. Then, he and I go to Space Camp in Huntsville, AL next week with his class. Fun, fun!

Good luck at the spelling bee Jacob!

Beautiful time to be in the mountains. Low 40's / upper 30's at night, 60's during the day. Clear skies with great visibility.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-13-2010, 10:05 AM

Sounds like fun! Good luck to your son. Hopefully your daughter will overcome stage fright. I never did overcome it. :-?

trackrebel
04-13-2010, 11:24 AM
my daughter and her friend Jann-Luca were playing together again today...those two are adorable little nuckleheads...haha....little critters

Christmasstar
04-13-2010, 03:04 PM

Here in SW Ontario too! cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic
04-13-2010, 04:04 PM
The weather has been perfect today. The kids and I spent a couple of hours outside and enjoyed the day.

I have some chores to do then get ready for American Idol!

I hope you all had a good day.

Christmasstar
04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Once a year they have a music festival here for all the schools. The kids do singing, percussion, coral reading etc.
It is busy time for the buses driving classes to and from the events. Lots of fun too.
I took one school to an event for percussion this morning. They did an awesome job! Got 92 out of 100!!!
Lots of amazing talent in our schools. cheesy

Binger
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Goodluck Brad.. give him coffee to hep ease his nerves!

YABBA IT WORKS FOR ME...

Binger
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Jayish Check In Dude>..

Yabba!

ballcoach
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Yawn! Tired....long day.....need.....coffee...............soon........ ...............

made582
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Goodnight Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmasstar
04-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Going to be another nice day.

I was going to the CN tower on Saturday, but it is going to be raining which means the view up there will not be good, so we will put it off for another time.

I do want to get some more work done in my back yard today since it is going to be raining the rest of the week.

Have a great day everyone! cheesy

ballcoach
04-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Good morning, friends! Hope your weather is as beautiful as ours. It sure is nice here. We have been running about 85 with no wind and low humidity. It is great. I've got to go running the past two days and look forward to doing it again today. Should be nice. Also, I think I may take a personal day on Monday. Just seems like it's time to do have a day off. I dunno....I hate missing work...what do y'all think?

Have a good day!

Snow-in-Texas
04-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Good morning, friends! Hope your weather is as beautiful as ours. It sure is nice here. We have been running about 85 with no wind and low humidity. It is great. I've got to go running the past two days and look forward to doing it again today. Should be nice. Also, I think I may take a personal day on Monday. Just seems like it's time to do have a day off. I dunno....I hate missing work...what do y'all think?

Have a good day!

Nothing wrong with taking a day off once in a while. Sometimes we need a day to recharge. cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic
04-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Also, I think I may take a personal day on Monday. Just seems like it's time to do have a day off. I dunno....I hate missing work...what do y'all think?

Go for it and enjoy!

Crown 84
04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Good Morning, Friends.

Overcast here today, but since the weather service said no rain, it can't rain (can it?).
We stand at 54 currently and it's supposed to be cooler today with highs in the 60's before returning to the 70's tomorrow.
The pollen is still with us but much reduced after our rain last week.

The mid-week count:
Days to the Season: 213
Days to Christmas Day:255
We are now UNDER 2 weeks away from both or our next milestones, the 200-day Season Window and the 1/3 Christmas Day mark.
Time marches on....and on....and on.....

Hey!
Want to see Binger's fondest dream?
(Or is it their greatest nightmare?)

http://vancouvercoffee.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/starbucks_escher-7671491.jpg

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone. (If it's possible after seeing that photo!)
But, not to worry. Nothing confusing at the 'Pines today. Just great food, great tea, and wonderful company.
Right, Holiday?

brent
04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Good morning, everyone!!

It was a beautiful weekend in Ithaca, NY. We finished second and qualified for Regionals in Princeton, NJ, but I was a little disappointed. The good thing is that we can certainly improve. It is another beautiful day here in Ottawa. We should be seeing a high of 16C, which is great!! Not much wind, either, so practice tonight will be real fun.

I had my final exam of my undergrad yesterday and am hoping that I got at least a B. We'll see when the grades come out. Now I only have a 25 page paper to write and then I am done! However, I am waiting on the Grad Studies coordinator to talk to me as I am interested in staying at Carleton one more year to do my Masters. I never thought I would do it, but I think it would be a good decision if I can get in.

Lots of things happening here. Very busy! My work has also given me most of this weekend off to work on my final paper. I really should get down to business! Fantastic to see that we are less than two weeks away from our next milestones. We're almost halfway through April!! Here in Ottawa, most the leaves are on the trees already, about two weeks ahead of schedule. No complaints. Lovin' this weather.

Have a fantastic Wednesday, everyone!! The weeked is getting closer!

made582
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
. Also, I think I may take a personal day on Monday. Just seems like it's time to do have a day off. I dunno....I hate missing work...what do y'all think?

I say go for it and enjoy a long weekend friend!!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-14-2010, 09:10 AM
We finished second and qualified for Regionals in Princeton, NJ, but I was a little disappointed. The good thing is that we can certainly improve.

Congrats on finishing second and good luck on your paper!!!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Another beautiful day here with a high of 80 this afternoon. I don't have anything planned for today but I am sure that mom will decide that she wants to go some where. 12 more days and she will get her cast off and should be able to start walking again. I will also probally do some cleaning and laundry. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-14-2010, 09:16 AM
http://vancouvercoffee.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/starbucks_escher-7671491.jpg

Okay I am getting dizzy just looking at this.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Suddenly I feel like getting some Starbucks coffee! cheesy

Christmasstar
04-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Okay I am getting dizzy just looking at this.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dO90BQYAUPI/SrPAgc2PHZI/AAAAAAAAAnU/9bnAHv0UUHo/s320/keep+calm+and+have+a+cupcake.jpg

Annette1990
04-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Everyone!
Well my sister had her baby early Tuesday morning. A happy and healthy 7lb. 2 oz. baby boy. He is just so precious. I have been busy taking care of my sisters other sons until she gets home on Friday. They are keeping me busy to say the least. Hope you all are doing well.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi Everyone!
Well my sister had her baby early Tuesday morning. A happy and healthy 7lb. 2 oz. baby boy. He is just so precious. I have been busy taking care of my sisters other sons until she gets home on Friday. They are keeping me busy to say the least. Hope you all are doing well.
Congratulations!!!

Christmasstar
04-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi Everyone!
Tell her congratulations! cheesy

made582
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi Everyone!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dO90BQYAUPI/SrPAgc2PHZI/AAAAAAAAAnU/9bnAHv0UUHo/s320/keep+calm+and+have+a+cupcake.jpg

Thanks and I think I will !!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Well I ended up babysitting all afternoon and most of the evening. My nieces have been terrible lately. My oldest niece stood in the middle of the kitchen and screamed for 30 minutes because she didn't like the cup I put her juice in. When I asked her what cup she wanted she just screamed louder. My youngest niece cried for 15 minutes because I wouldn't let her run around the house without a diaper on. They just didn't want to listen at all today. I hope they both get over this quick.

Binger
04-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Love That Pic Crown.... Starbucks>>

Yabba!

Binger
04-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey Jay Dude<<<<<<<
\
Yabba!

made582
04-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Goodnight Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Christmasstar
04-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Going up to 24c today!!! (that is around 75f)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:FC4fG8sGzbcMhM:http://www.ofmiceandcats.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/canadian-flag.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ofmiceandcats.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/canadian-flag.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kelowna.thesun.net/shows/554801/blog&usg=__bLhTJ77wSNrkxo5Y4TVvykWbNy8=&h=319&w=480&sz=19&hl=en&start=27&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=FC4fG8sGzbcMhM:&tbnh=86&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhot%2Bcanadian%2Bsun%26start%3D20%26u m%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_enCA247CA 247%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1)

Hope you all have a great day!

Crown 84
04-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Love That Pic Crown.... Starbucks>>
Thought of you the moment I saw that pix, my friend!

Good Morning, Folks.

Well, here we are mere hours away from the half-way point of April already as we hurtle back towards another Christmas Season.
And just how far have we hurtled?
Days to the Season: 212
Days to Christmas Day:254
As you can see, we are shockingly close to SINGLE DIGITS away from our next pair of Milestones: 12 days off from the 200-day Season window and a scant 11 away from the 1/3 Christmas Day mark.
Zounds!

A chilly start to the morning here, where we stand at 44, but are bound for the mid 70's by this afternoon.
It was an unexpectedly coolish 57 degrees yesterday after a prediction of mid 60's for the high. Hopefully, today's predicted 76 will materialize.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Everyone.
And keep in mind that tomorrow is Weekend Eve!

made582
04-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Good morning everyone!!!!! Today is going to be a day of rest. I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do. Hopefully mom doesn't decide that she needs to run anywhere. I am going to try and spend most of the day looking for new recipes to try before next christmas. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minta
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi Everyone!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Well I ended up babysitting all afternoon and most of the evening. My nieces have been terrible lately. My oldest niece stood in the middle of the kitchen and screamed for 30 minutes because she didn't like the cup I put her juice in. When I asked her what cup she wanted she just screamed louder. My youngest niece cried for 15 minutes because I wouldn't let her run around the house without a diaper on. They just didn't want to listen at all today. I hope they both get over this quick.
I feel for ya! My grandkids went through this over a year ago. I didn't know what was going on. It was more my oldest grandson going through the phase than the other one. Now they all seem to behave very well with a very few incidences. The youngest grandbaby is 8 months old and has yet to cause any problems. She is the easiest baby I ever watched! When she arrived I was a little nervous if I could handle 2 grandsons and a new baby but we have been blessed with an angel. When she is tired she doesn't cry, she just goes to sleep and when she wakes up she smiles. cheesy She is happy most the time and hardly ever fusses. I sure hope this last a VERY long time! The older grandsons are very eager to help with the baby. That's nice! No matter what, though, I am exhausted by the time they leave. I am still running all over taking care of them.

I am sure your nieces will outgrow it all. I wish you the best of luck!

Minta
04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone....well the stomach bug made a second pass through our household earlier this week. Both hubby and our daughter had it. The bright side was before hubby got sick we did some more Christmas shopping. Got the kids their main christmas gift already along wit h another game that our daughter wants. At this rate we will be done shopping for the kids before Decemeber which is our goal.

Well anyway..got softball practice tonight... have a great day all

brent
04-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi Everyone!

Congratulations!!

brent
04-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I do not work until this afternoon, but realized I could not stay away until then. The weather in Ottawa is currently real nice. Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain this afternoon and evening. No 24c temperatures here like Star. Instead, we have rain for the next few days. For the early Spring we've had, I'll take it.

The NHL playoffs started last night. And, tonight I'll get to watch two games that I am very excited to watch. My dad and brother are Boston Bruins fans, so I'll be keeping a close eye on the Boston vs. Buffalo series. Of course, I enjoy watching the Bruins as well. Being a Los Angeles Kings fan, I'm ecstatic to finally see them back in the playoffs as they play the Canucks tonight. I will not be leaving the TV tonight!!

Well, have a great day everyone. Single digits is not far away!

Bradmac
04-15-2010, 09:24 AM

Well, my son didn't place in the regional spelling bee, and he was very disappointed. He was much more nervous this time, and that was his problem. He had to spell "synchronized", but he was going so fast, he left out the "iz". When we left, he spelled it five times without pausing, so we knew he could do it. Those stomach butterflies can really affect you, huh? Anyway, he was concerned about some of the guys picking on him for not placing, and nothing I could tell him made him feel better about that. I think he'll find today at school that it's not as bad as he thought it'd be.

Anyway, the house remodel is moving along. We have an awful mess right now. Hopefully it won't take more than a couple more weeks.

made582
04-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I am sure your nieces will outgrow it all. I wish you the best of luck!

I hope they do. My oldest nieces preschool teacher said that all of the girls in my nieces class have been sassy lately expect for my niece. So she is being good at school but terrible at home.

made582
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I almost forgot it is my 1 year anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It also happens to be Coach's 1 year Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minta
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM

Well, my son didn't place in the regional spelling bee, and he was very disappointed. He was much more nervous this time, and that was his problem. He had to spell "synchronized", but he was going so fast, he left out the "iz". When we left, he spelled it five times without pausing, so we knew he could do it. Those stomach butterflies can really affect you, huh? Anyway, he was concerned about some of the guys picking on him for not placing, and nothing I could tell him made him feel better about that. I think he'll find today at school that it's not as bad as he thought it'd be.

Anyway, the house remodel is moving along. We have an awful mess right now. Hopefully it won't take more than a couple more weeks.

AWE...I am sure he did he best up there and yes those stomach butterflies can really do a number on you. Well tell him congrats for us for even getting to that point as there are alot of kids that could not do that.

made582
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
The NHL playoffs started last night. And, tonight I'll get to watch two games that I am very excited to watch. My dad and brother are Boston Bruins fans, so I'll be keeping a close eye on the Boston vs. Buffalo series. Of course, I enjoy watching the Bruins as well. Being a Los Angeles Kings fan, I'm ecstatic to finally see them back in the playoffs as they play the Canucks tonight. I will not be leaving the TV tonight!!

Have fun watching the games tonight!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-15-2010, 09:36 AM

I have never been good with talking in front of crowds so I can understand being nervous and tell him he should be proud for making as far as he did.

xmas365
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
First of all I want to thank you for the kind words I received from you all, I am feeling better now. It feels as if my family and I have been living in the Dr. office or ER lately, between my 2 y/o breaking his arm a few weeks ago, my 5 y/o had a sleep study done and diagnosed with sleep apnea, I had to have 24 hour blood pressure monitoring, and have been placed on anti-anxiety medication and it is going to be the same way for the next month it seems with various Dr's appts and dental appts. Its always funny to me that stuff like this always seems to hit at the same time, but we are all well and going with the flow.

Crown 84
04-15-2010, 01:14 PM
.....He had to spell "synchronized", but he was going so fast, he left out the "iz".....
Of course, it all depends on what the definition of "iz" is.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I hope they do. My oldest nieces preschool teacher said that all of the girls in my nieces class have been sassy lately expect for my niece. So she is being good at school but terrible at home.
My grandson was the same way! He was an angel in pre-school but he came to my house and was wild! Lol! People tell me I am a pushover with kids and go to easy on them. I had to enforce time outs more and I guess it worked. He does well now. Of course he is normal and will mis-behave at times but of course all kids do that. :)

I almost forgot it is my 1 year anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It also happens to be Coach's 1 year Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Anniversary you two!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
First of all I want to thank you for the kind words I received from you all, I am feeling better now. It feels as if my family and I have been living in the Dr. office or ER lately, between my 2 y/o breaking his arm a few weeks ago, my 5 y/o had a sleep study done and diagnosed with sleep apnea, I had to have 24 hour blood pressure monitoring, and have been placed on anti-anxiety medication and it is going to be the same way for the next month it seems with various Dr's appts and dental appts. Its always funny to me that stuff like this always seems to hit at the same time, but we are all well and going with the flow.
Wow! I am sorry I missed all this going on with you. I am on here everyday and sometimes miss certain post.

This seems to happen with us too. Everything going on at once then suddenly everyone gets better at once. I pray all goes well with your family.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-15-2010, 03:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your son. Better luck next time around! cheesy

Christmasstar
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Always disappointing when nerves get the better of you! I had the same problem with my first cake competition. (shook so bad could hardly put the cake together)
You tell him we are all proud of him for trying! cheesy

ballcoach
04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Right back at ya, Made! Been a blast....which leads me to all of you...thank you for having me here and welcoming me with open arms!

Whoa boy, what a day! Brad, tell your son that doesn't matter that he didn't win, just matters that he tried.....and that he tries again.

Hey, yall have a good Friday!

xmas365
04-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow! I am sorry I missed all this going on with you. I am on here everyday and sometimes miss certain post.

This seems to happen with us too. Everything going on at once then suddenly everyone gets better at once. I pray all goes well with your family.

I don't post on this thread that often, but I am trying to do more now, I have felt overwhelmed and have not spent a lot of time on MMC the last week with everything going on. Thanks for the concern.

Christmasstar
04-16-2010, 05:01 AM
http://goodbadandugly2.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/tgif.jpg

Crown 84
04-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Wow, Christmasstar. Looks like that cat has been into Carl's experimental coffee supply!

Good Morning, Friends whether you walk on 2 legs or 4.

Hey! It's Friday and Weekend Eve once again. (And so soon!)
Let's take a peak at the mountains -- er -- I mean a peek at the count:
Days to the Season: 211
Days to Christmas Day:253
As of tomorrow, folks: SINGLE DIGITS to the 1/3 Christmas Day Milestone.
Then SINGLE DIGITS to the 200-day Season window the following day.
Oh! And if that isn't enough for you, note we have just quietly passed under a month to the HALF WAY MARK TO THE SEASON.
Have mercy!!

A nice calm, sunny morning here in Raleigh and I can hear a lone bird singing just outside my window as I type this.
We stand at 56 degrees currently but the weather service says mid 80's by this afternoon.
(Which is great as long as the low humidity continues!)

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
And may your Weekend kickoff be returned for a touchdown this afternoon!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Good Morning all!

I spent several hours outside with my grandkids yesterday and got a sunburn. Ouch! I usually wear sunscreen but didn't realize I would be out that long. Even not being out that long I should always wear sunscreen. I have had skin cancer before so not too smart not to wear it. :-? The grandkids were protected though so they are fine. It was a beautiful day outside! This weekend it will be rainy.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?

Bradmac
04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Good Morning all!

I spent several hours outside with my grandkids yesterday and got a sunburn. Ouch! I usually wear sunscreen but didn't realize I would be out that long. Even not being out that long I should always wear sunscreen. I have had skin cancer before so not too smart not to wear it. :-? The grandkids were protected though so they are fine. It was a beautiful day outside! This weekend it will be rainy.

Jacob and I are going turkey hunting in the morning. I'm ready! After that, though, I'll have to work all day.

It'll be busy this weekend, working and trying to get ready for our 3-day Space Camp trip on Monday. I'll miss you guys!

Have a great day, all! cheesy

Minta
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Good Morning all!

Was suppose to have softball practice in the morning but I may cancel that. Calling for rain tonight and winds tomorrow, not good field conditions for a group of 7-9 yr old girls.

Plan on doing some major spring cleaning through out the weekend and then finish the flower beds on Sunday.

If I have time maybe I will pop in a christmas movie. cheesy

Minta
04-16-2010, 11:34 AM
And if that isn't enough for you, note we have just quietly passed under a month to the HALF WAY MARK TO THE SEASON.

Time is really flying by. The other day my daughter asked me if we could decorate more inside for Christmas this year....meaining she wants more lights strung up in their bedroom/hallway. Looks like we will be even busier this year with decorating. But that's a good thing!
:razz:

xmas365
04-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Good Morning all!

Yes, we have BIG plans. My wife and I are getting to go on a date this weekend (w/o kids, the only time it seems we go out is for weddings or funerals) we are going to see Straight.. No Chaser in Northampton, MA Sunday night we are very excited, and I will let you all know how it was and if they perform any Christmas songs

made582
04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Jacob and I are going turkey hunting in the morning. I'm ready! After that, though, I'll have to work all day.

It'll be busy this weekend, working and trying to get ready for our 3-day Space Camp trip on Monday. I'll miss you guys!

Have a great day, all! cheesy

Good luck in the morning and I hope you enjoy your trip to space camp!!!!!

made582
04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
As of tomorrow, folks: SINGLE DIGITS to the 1/3 Christmas Day Milestone.
Then SINGLE DIGITS to the 200-day Season window the following day.
Oh! And if that isn't enough for you, note we have just quietly passed under a month to the HALF WAY MARK TO THE SEASON.
Have mercy!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Yes, we have BIG plans. My wife and I are getting to go on a date this weekend (w/o kids, the only time it seems we go out is for weddings or funerals) we are going to see Straight.. No Chaser in Northampton, MA Sunday night we are very excited, and I will let you all know how it was and if they perform any Christmas songs

I hope you enjoy the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Well I have been running all morning. I had to finish getting my nieces birthday gifts bought and then I went to the grocery store. I managed to get everything done though before the rain arrived. Now I am going to kick back and watch the nascar coverage and listent o the rain. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-16-2010, 01:29 PM

Nothing for saturday but sunday is my niece's 2 year old birthday party.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-16-2010, 04:10 PM

cheesy
Gobble gobble! Have fun!
Was suppose to have softball practice in the morning but I may cancel that. Calling for rain tonight and winds tomorrow, not good field conditions for a group of 7-9 yr old girls.

Plan on doing some major spring cleaning through out the weekend and then finish the flower beds on Sunday.

If I have time maybe I will pop in a christmas movie. cheesy
Enjoy your day. Let us know what movie you watch if you get a chance to.

Have fun on your date!
Nothing for saturday but sunday is my niece's 2 year old birthday party.
Tell her Happy Birthday for us!

made582
04-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Well I am headed off to bed. GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Rainy and cooler temperatures this weekend. Hubby and I got a lot of errands to run today. Then we will go out for lunch and relax the rest of the day.

Have a good day all!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Made and Coach, big NASCAR race going on in our town this weekend. We use to go to it every year when I followed NASCAR. It has been a few years since I have been. It was a lot of fun going and just might have to go back to one of them soon. It rained here last night and hopefully there will be no rain during the race. The first year I went to the races the Busch race got rained out and was cloudy and cool all day the next day for the Winston Cup race.

Snow-in-Texas
04-17-2010, 07:19 AM
My sweety surprised me with a gift yesterday.

First a little background, when I lived in Maryland, I use to love UTZ brand Crab chips. They are potato chips with Old Bay seasoning in them, I would eat an entire bag at a time. Well you can't get UTZ potato chips here in Texas, I have seen other UTZ stuff here, like pretzels, but not those chips.

Well my wife went to the UTZ website and ordered me 3 pounds of the Crab chips, and they arrived here yesterday!! She is soooooo good to me, and no I won't eat all of that at one time. cheesy

Crown 84
04-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Good Morning Friends and Christmas Neighbors

It is once again the weekend.
And our count has advanced yet another day:
Days to the Season: 210
Days to Christmas Day:252
OK! SINGLE digits now to to the 1/3 Christmas Day marker.
Ten measly days until the 200-day Season window the following day.
Those Milestones are falling like dominoes!

Bright, sunny and calm here in Raleigh where my thermometer reads 66 degrees at this hour.
We reached 86 yesterday but are supposed to top out at a somewhat more comfortable 79 this afternoon. Then it will turn cooler for Sunday and the first part of next week.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Folks.
And I hope your Weekend is off to a Fantastic begining!

made582
04-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Made and Coach, big NASCAR race going on in our town this weekend. We use to go to it every year when I followed NASCAR. It has been a few years since I have been. It was a lot of fun going and just might have to go back to one of them soon. It rained here last night and hopefully there will be no rain during the race. The first year I went to the races the Busch race got rained out and was cloudy and cool all day the next day for the Winston Cup race.

It is getting expensive to go to them anymore. Our tickets for the brickyard went up to $100 a piece this year. Plus parking costs $30. I am really thinking about not renewing them after this year. It is just getting to expensive and you can't see much of the track. I am right across from pit road so I can see that but the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is not one of the best places to go see a race if you want to see alot of the track.

made582
04-17-2010, 08:28 AM
My sweety surprised me with a gift yesterday.

First a little background, when I lived in Maryland, I use to love UTZ brand Crab chips. They are potato chips with Old Bay seasoning in them, I would eat an entire bag at a time. Well you can't get UTZ potato chips here in Texas, I have seen other UTZ stuff here, like pretzels, but not those chips.

Well my wife went to the UTZ website and ordered me 3 pounds of the Crab chips, and they arrived here yesterday!! She is soooooo good to me, and no I won't eat all of that at one time. cheesy

She is such a sweet wife!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!! I have to babysit this morning while my sister goes and finishes getting everything for my nieces birthday party. I also need to do some cleaning around the apartment but that will have to wait until after my nieces leave. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582
04-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Well my nieces are gone and now I should be cleaning. I have kind of lost my motivation though. So I am going to play on here for awhile and then maybe I will start cleaning. I did get to see that my love of christmas is wearing off on my oldest niece though. She kept bugging me to listen to taylor swifts christmas album all morning. So being the nice uncle that I am I finally put it on for her.

brent
04-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Good evening, everyone!

A raining Saturday in Ottawa. Sunday is expected to be a bit warmed with some sun. That is certainly something to look forward to. Nice to see that the count is nearing single digits to our next milestone. Excellent! Well, I hope everyone has been enjoying themselves. One more day to go for this weekend.

Have a great Saturday night!!

Christmas-A-Holic
04-17-2010, 06:10 PM
It is getting expensive to go to them anymore. Our tickets for the brickyard went up to $100 a piece this year. Plus parking costs $30. I am really thinking about not renewing them after this year. It is just getting to expensive and you can't see much of the track. I am right across from pit road so I can see that but the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is not one of the best places to go see a race if you want to see alot of the track.
Parking has always been free at Texas Motor Speedway unless they started charging in the past few years.

Christmas-A-Holic
04-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Well my nieces are gone and now I should be cleaning. I have kind of lost my motivation though. So I am going to play on here for awhile and then maybe I will start cleaning. I did get to see that my love of christmas is wearing off on my oldest niece though. She kept bugging me to listen to taylor swifts christmas album all morning. So being the nice uncle that I am I finally put it on for her.
That's cool! Same with my grandkids. I have a large collection of Christmas cartoons and that is all they want to watch when they come over. Like I told you all before, about a month ago my grandson asked if Christmas is over and I told him, "not at grandma's house, it's Christmas everyday!" cheesy I also told him if he ever needs a little Christmas, come on over!

Christmasstar
04-17-2010, 06:31 PM
This is what we woke to this morning!
It snowed on and off all day. Fortunately none of it stayed. cheesy

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=4512&albumid=198&dl=1271550527&thumb=1 (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198&pictureid=4512)

made582
04-17-2010, 07:54 PM
This is what we woke to this morning!
It snowed on and off all day. Fortunately none of it stayed. cheesy

I wish we would get one more snow!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I am headed off to bed. Goodnight Everyone!!!!!!!!!

caninemom3
04-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I am headed off to bed. Goodnight Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight !! Have a pleasant night. I also am headed to bed before too long.........work day tomorrow.ugh. Glad to have a job though !!

:rudolph:

Christmasstar
04-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Hope you all have a fantastic day!!! cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic
04-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Good Morning all!

I have another busy Sunday but it will be good. My first day off from work and babysitting should be Wednesday or Thursday. I am ready for a relaxing day. cheesy

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

xmas365
04-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Big day today, but first have to do chores and such, our clothes washer broke down so we need to go to the laundromat to wash our clothes, the washer is only 1.5 years old so it is frustrating and the repairman is now 4 days into doing nothing! Tonight my wife and I get to go to the Straight No Chaser concert, I think it is the first time we have gone out on a date since Christmas shopping the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I just want to give a quick story of random kindness. A friend of mine at work yesterday walked up to me and handed me an autographed Boston Bruins hockey puck, he told me he had 2 of them and he did not need the second one. Needless to say I thanked him profusely and told him he did not need to do that. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised.

made582
04-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Good Morning all!

I have another busy Sunday but it will be good. My first day off from work and babysitting should be Wednesday or Thursday. I am ready for a relaxing day. cheesy

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

I hope you enjoy your day off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Big day today, but first have to do chores and such, our clothes washer broke down so we need to go to the laundromat to wash our clothes, the washer is only 1.5 years old so it is frustrating and the repairman is now 4 days into doing nothing! Tonight my wife and I get to go to the Straight No Chaser concert, I think it is the first time we have gone out on a date since Christmas shopping the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Enjoy the concert and I hope you get your washer fixed soon!!!!!!!!!cheesy

made582
04-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Well I have a busy morning today. I have to run and pick up my nieces birthday cake at sams club and then go and pick up the balloons for her party at party city. Then it is off to my sisters to help decorate and get everything ready. Hopefully I will get home in time to see the end of the nascar race if it doesn't get rained out. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!