Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Maman Noel » January 9th, 2010

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,266 Views  0 Posts
Voices of Elves in the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:22 PM
0 Posts
My Dog Sam
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
01-26-2014 03:12 PM
46,733 Views  1 Posts
The Santa Clause (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:06 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-02-2013 05:16 AM
51,048 Views  4 Posts
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,164 Views  0 Posts
Join me as I fulfill my New Year's Resolution to prepare for Christmas 2009 "all through the year!"

Keep me honest, Christmas lovers!
Rate this Entry

January 9th, 2010

Submit "January 9th, 2010" to Digg Submit "January 9th, 2010" to del.icio.us Submit "January 9th, 2010" to StumbleUpon Submit "January 9th, 2010" to Google
Posted 01-09-2010 at 12:00 PM by Sapsorrow

It's my second day "on the wagon!" (That is, my second day doing Christmas prep, not the other sense of being on the wagon!)

So far today, I've ordered my Christmas cards with beautiful envelope seals on deep discount. 50 of them used to be a little over $30, but I got them for $8 (we got them from PaperDirect if anyone is interested). I also ordered free mailing labels from VistaPrint, and threw in some nicely discounted matching sticker gift tags, namely for anything we mail. The idea is to label all envelopes as soon as they arrive, then we'll write a little season's greeting and address a few each on the 25th of each month. We don't need to be too thorough about the cards because I'll be including a short story inspired by an incident from Christmas 2009, and then I'll add photo prints that I get for the shipping price from a nice little site.

I didn't used to do Christmas cards, but there are many friends who'd rather a card than anything I could buy them (provided there are pictures of the little ones included). It seems like a sweet touch anymore, and my talented family has been sending poetry and stories with theirs for years.

Otherwise, I've enjoyed some time planning which has resulted in a number of checklists and guides for next year. I'm aiming to write a master craft list and master monthly shopping lists by Rudy day this month.

On a sober note, we learned in the wee hours this morning that a long time friend we were looking forward to seeing in March died suddenly and unexpectedly. No one is certain yet what happened, but it was probably a heart attack. It makes you think. You never know if this Christmas will be the last with someone you love. How do we make the most of it? In my case, I guess I try to focus more on preserving memories, like giving cards and photos to everyone. I've always loved tradition, and I think that's the flipside to preserving memories. A tradition, in a way, is like a memory of the future. As you do it again this year, you remember all the previous years and you look forward to the next year. Christmas has been going on for thousands of years now, it's bigger than any of us, and just as we can look back on Christmases with people now absent, we can look forward to Christmases with our dear departed once again.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 316 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award