Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,834
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie

Submit "Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie" to Digg Submit "Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie" to del.icio.us Submit "Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie" to StumbleUpon Submit "Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie" to Google
Posted 04-28-2010 at 10:46 PM by xmas365

Hi my name is Ron and I am addicted to Soda, Coca Cola to be exact. As I have posted in Christmas Countdown I have been diagnosed with borderline high blood pressure, which is still high, and my doctor wants me to lose 25lbs and that should take care of it in his opinion. I have been going for tests for almost a year for my blood pressure and each time it was high, we thought it may be just a case of "White Coat Syndrome" (fear of doctor visits) but it is not. The first thing I decided to do to start my weight loss was cut the sugary cereals, which was easy to do. Next was to stop drinking regular soda, switch to diet or none at all. It has now been over 9 days since my last taste of Coca Cola Classic and it is getting easier as the days go by, the first five days were the toughest, always craving it but I supplemented it with Coke Zero and it has worked thus far.
I can go back over the last ten years and count on one hand how many days I did not have some sort of soda, so i am proud of what I have accomplished thus far. I am 35 and I have a young family, I NEED to be here for them I love them more than anything and if it means I give up soda count it as done. Coca Cola is my one true vice, I don't smoke, I have only had on alcoholic beverage my entire life, my father is an alcoholic so I decided when I was young not to drink. I have never and never was tempted to try drugs, so my "addiction" is soda pop and I am fighting this battle to become healthier.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 748 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hi Ron.

Sorry I didn't comment on this earlier. I empathize with you and sympathize having to give up something you truly love. I myself am a food addict. If I let myself go I just eat compulsively for no good reason (as if there is one). I have been up and down the scales many, many, many times. The thing is that when I gain weight my asthma goes off the chart. I am of very slight build and really short (5'2") so I do not need much weight. Last June I went to Jenny Craig and lost all the weight I needed to. I have lost weight with them before but this time I must keep it off. I went from 131 (a lot for me) to 90 which is just about right. I feel much, much better.

I can definitely relate to addictions. Whether it be to soda pop, or whatever. Just keep at it and take it a day at a time. You will be fine. Thank you for posting your blog. I look forward to it.
  2. Old Comment
    I'm a Coke junkie too! I gave it up for months and just drank iced tea but I had one sip of Coke and it was all over! I'm up to about a 4 can a day habit again. I'm hoping to get myself off of it again. Good luck with everything.
    Posted 05-26-2010 at 12:21 PM by Santa's Helper Santa's Helper is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award