Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Year Round Christmas Spirit

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Story of Stan...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:32 PM
55,640 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the South...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:15 PM
46,050 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,887 Views  0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,639 Views  1 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,599 Views  0 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Year Round Christmas Spirit

Submit "Year Round Christmas Spirit" to Digg Submit "Year Round Christmas Spirit" to del.icio.us Submit "Year Round Christmas Spirit" to StumbleUpon Submit "Year Round Christmas Spirit" to Google
Posted 08-04-2010 at 09:59 AM by xmas365

As I have started to see the Christmas stuff begin to filter slowly into the stores, it makes me think of how people always complain it is "too early to think of Christmas." I know people are entitled to their opinions, but these people seem to be vociferous in theirs, and make it known enough where in the past they made a Hallmark store move their ornament collection to the back of the store until a more appropriate time. What is that appropriate time though? All of us who share in this wonderful website would probably like to see a little Christmas section in each store year round, to help fill a need of that joyous season. I start to get that excitement when I see the first signs Christmas enter the stores, I feel a warmth of happiness like when you see a loved one you haven't seen in a long while. These first signs are so important especially during these long hot days of summer, it makes you realize Christmas is just over four months away. I have worked with people in the past, when I have seen "the signs" and of course I could hardly contain my excitement and would say only 100 and some odd shopping days til Christmas and the response would be "You put it like that and it ruins it" or You would know that wouldn't you." And these were supposed to be my friends. I know there is a thread on the forum I believe started by Johnor called "Do you ever feel alone in your feelings for Christmas" or something close to that. For many years I did feel alone in my love for the holiday and holiday season, and was embarrassed by the way I felt. I would sometimes cry when Christmas day was over, and December 26 took over because it meant the malls and radio stations would quickly try to erase the fact Christmas just happened and time for life to get back to "normal." What is wrong with the Christmas spirit hanging around? Let it last past New Year's, play that Christmas music until New Year's, it doesn't have to be every song just throw a few in every hour that is all. New Year's Day has long been my least favorite holiday in the fact that most people shut off their lights, and the tree carcass is on the sidewalk. I have found being Christmas nut to be very fulfilling and a great way to go through life, I may look forward to December every year just to get that feeling you really can't replicate at any other time of the year. I now know I am not alone in the year round Christmas spirit, I have found thousands of people who feel pretty much the same way I do. I feel happier and will now whistle a Christmas song while I am working, and not feel embarrassed by it. I share my thoughts with more people about my love and opinion of Christmas now. I do this now because I know I am not alone in year round Christmas spirit.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 999 Comments 3
« August 3     Main     The Red Jacket »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    [B]Ron Thank You !! So well spoken. We are all "birds of a feather, indeed !! Yes, we are brothers and sisters of the Christmas spirit and I am proud to know you and all on this wonderful site and even though it is just August, may I say - MERRY CHRISTmas !!!!!! [/B]
  2. Old Comment
    Wonderfully put, xmas - and I "second" the comments of CM! Isn't it GREAT to know we are not alone in the most wonderful and joyous feeling we have about Christmas - and that we carry Christmas love and happiness in our hearts all year long! I, too, didn't think there were many "out there" that felt the same way I do - but now I know I am not because of this forum...and ITS EXCITING!!! Never mind about all those who "poo-poo" the signs of Christmas coming. I say that we are the happiest people EVER because we are Christmas people and get excited about all those things!!! Thank you for your blog, xmas!
    Posted 08-04-2010 at 05:49 PM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Very nice! I feel like you wrote this for me and how I feel!

I have always felt alone, as well, for my love of Christmas. I have never been around anyone rude about it, they just don't feel it like I do. When I met my husband, I finally found someone to share the love of Christmas with. I think about it more year round than he does but he likes it! He always takes a week off in December just so we can go all out and do Christmas stuff. This site has been the most awesome forums I ever joined! I am not alone!

I know many people remind us that Christmas is not over on the 26th but it still doesn't help how I feel. We are suppose to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas but it's not as much fun when the Christmas tv shows stop, a lot of people turn off the lights, music stops, you don't see Santa in the mall, everyone says they are so glad it's over, Christmas decorations are all junked up in a pile at the stores with "clearance" marked on them and more reminders it's over. The whole world shuts it down and you can't help the down feeling you get on the 26th. I still try to keep the 12 days of Christmas in my heart but there is still a slight let down. Then the fun starts when July rolls around and Christmas gets recognized again!

I am glad I found this site and I am glad you are a part of this site as well!
    Posted 08-04-2010 at 08:58 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award