Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » "Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,437
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Kids and Santa Online
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:23 PM
48,519 Views  0 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,217 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Norman Rockwell,...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2011 11:15 AM
71,279 Views  0 Posts
Who Put the X in...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:36 PM
43,628 Views  0 Posts
“Home for the Holidays”...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:45 AM
40,710 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

"Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."

Submit ""Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."" to Digg Submit ""Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."" to del.icio.us Submit ""Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."" to StumbleUpon Submit ""Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."" to Google
Posted 09-17-2011 at 09:17 PM by caninemom3

The most wonderful time of the year is upon us again. Christmas time. The lights, the feeling, the magic in the air that you can actually breath in. Most everyone in my Christmas family are looking forward to the Season of Seasons. I love Christmas absolutlely and totally adore it yet this evening as much as I want to think about it and feel the excitement like everyone else, I cannot.

Frustration. Anger. Sadness. Hopelessnes. Uncertainty. Fear. Regret.

These feelings are not the feelings of someone who is looking forward to Christmas. Instead they are feelings which indicate and have indicated for many years the need for a drastic change in lifestyle. A change I am not brave enough in any way, shape or form to bring about.

I have spoken of this in the past and for those who have read my blog, you know what and who I am referring to.

The problem is I feel powerless to effect the changes that I know in the long run would be best for everyone. It would/will mean uprooting my life completely and while none of us ever finds this easy, at the age of 57 I feel it quite implausible and improbable.

So here I sit hoping against hope that somehow by some miracle and magically things will just get better. I know in my logical mind that is not the way things work. In order for change to happen sometimes we have to be courageous and intstitute the change ourselves.

I feel just like I think Charlie Brown felt. He loved Christmas but he was troubled by what it all meant and he just couldn't let go and enjoy it because of uncertainty and doubt.

He was depressed and felt he was an oddball. Of course, in the end Charlie was fine. He truly discovered what Christmas was all about and gained a sense of happiness.

Perhaps, if I could just get some of the cowardly lion's courage, I could make the changes that are long overdue in my life.

Until then, I am on the fence so to speak. Stuck hoping and praying for guidance for a path to emerge for my life.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1903 Comments 1
« The Smell Of Rain     Main     Autumn Memories »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Louann, my thoughts are with you. You have to do what's best for you. I know it is hard to make tough decisions, but if it can improve your life you need to think long and hard about it to get to that decision.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award