Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » Sarah Josepha Hale , "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving”

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,018
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy
Rate this Entry

Sarah Josepha Hale , "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving”

Submit "Sarah Josepha Hale , "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving”" to Digg Submit "Sarah Josepha Hale , "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving”" to del.icio.us Submit "Sarah Josepha Hale , "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving”" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sarah Josepha Hale , "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving”" to Google
Posted 11-17-2011 at 02:06 PM by lauriebear

Sarah Josepha Hale , "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving”
There is much more to Sarah Josepha Hale's life than is included in this short essay. It will behoove the reader to investigate her involvement in fundraising for the Bunker Hill Monument, her work with the Seaman's Aid Society of Boston, and her other points of influence
Suffice it to say that the beautiful Sarah Josepha Hale, with her trademark long curls, was an inspiration in her time.Her thought’s, are timeless and live on in the hearts of those who still read and enjoy her work. In New Hampshire, we claim her as one of our own, made of sturdy New England stock, determined to succeed even when the odds were against it. Guided by the Hand of Providence, succeed she did.
The next time you sit down to a Thanksgiving meal, please think of Sarah Josepha Hale and all of her diligent work to make her dream of a universal American Thanksgiving celebration come true. She sought the good of all, even after experiencing the worst thing that can happen: the loss a loved one. A life of hard work, decency, and dedication to the Truth, will always shine, across the ages.
I hope that you will often think of "The Mother of the American Thanksgiving," and certainly, every Thanksgiving Day!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 959 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award