Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley
Everything about Christmas that makes you happy and full of joy!
Rate this Entry

Surgery

Submit "Surgery" to Digg Submit "Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery" to Google
Posted 07-04-2012 at 07:59 PM by Lynn68

Two weeks and two days ago, on June 18th, I had corrective eye surgery. I have two eye conditions with my right eye which I have had all my life. One is called strabismus and the other is amblyopia...both go together sometimes, if you're unlucky. Strabismus is where your two eyes are not aligned, one or both might be crossed. And amblyopia is what happens to an eye sometimes when it's looking the wrong way for too long, it goes blind/partially blind. I can only see what I call colorful shadows with my right eye. I had surgery to straighten my eye, which involved moving one eye muscle forward and one back. There wasn't too much pain involved, mostly it was just uncomfortable and I was off of work for two weeks to let my eye heal up a bit since it was completely red. Unfortunately I will never have sight in that eye but it's now as straight as my right eye is and I couldn't be happier. The reason I'm posting about my surgery on MMC is because I was so nervous as I walked into the O.R. and while they were prepping me for surgery that as I layed there waiting to fall asleep, all I could think about was how this Christmas will be the first Christmas with my two eyes straight! It's the most wonderful gift!! Thinking about Christmas relaxed me and helped me through my surgery. Christmas IS wonderful!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 652 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    [B][I]I am so glad you got through your surgeries. I hope you are more comfortable now and I am so happy you are happy with the outcome !! Take care and....Merry Christmsas xo !![/I][/B]

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award