Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Seawaters » A Mother's Heart

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
December the 25th
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:23 PM
58,888 Views  0 Posts
How to Fit the Tree in...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:44 PM
Last post by Christmas-A-Holic
06-27-2011 08:13 PM
44,614 Views  3 Posts
Winning the Gimmee Battle
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:29 PM
49,541 Views  0 Posts
Sissel and the Mormon...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:48 PM
50,178 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Cards
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:21 PM
50,895 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

A Mother's Heart

Submit "A Mother's Heart" to Digg Submit "A Mother's Heart" to del.icio.us Submit "A Mother's Heart" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Mother's Heart" to Google
Posted 02-26-2013 at 02:57 PM by Seawaters

I have shared this on MMC before, but I thought I would make it a part of my new "blog life."

A Mother’s Heart

Right now I am listening to merrychristmasradio.com which plays Christmas music all year long. I joined Live 365 so I could celebrate Christmas all the time, not just at Christmas. This was very special to me when I found it. You see, my son was diagnosed with leukemia on December 23, 2007; so my listening to Christmas music was curtailed somewhat. He had his bone marrow transplant in June, and I am living on a long in-drawn breath. In the meantime, I realize that there are few guarantees of happiness in life. Some would argue that there are NO guarantees at all. I say, "What about..." a jump into a pile of fall leaves, crisp October air, lengthening shadows on a late fall afternoon, a brilliant autumn in New England, soft autumn breeze, rain-washed sidewalks, children playing in the twilight, clapboard farmhouses, a starlit winter night, a silvery landscape, fir-scented warmth, frost touching the meadow, the country colors of harvest, ringing doorbells on Halloween, letters written on scented sheer stationery, a sugary snowfall, trees silhouetted against a winter sky, a mug of hot chocolate stirred with a peppermint stick, lighted windows, settling down in front of a fire, twilight in Colorado, calligraphy, candied apples, frankincense and myrrh, gossamer lace, a winter fireside picnic, ribbon-tied violets, a burnished western sunset, lingering memories, convent bells, a gentle harvest night, sweet-smelling hay, moonlight on the lake, leaves whirling in the autumn wind that is spiced with the smell of fall, the scent of wood smoke, the pungent odor of a spicy forest, clothes hanging on a clothesline, a harvest moon beaming over cornfields, Southern skies and Southern nights, shadows in the twilight, Christmas Eve communion, the heavy scent of morning glories, leather-bound books, sweet memories crowding out sadness, the smell of snow in the air, roads leading homeward, hometown memories, the moon casting blue shadows across the snow, the smell of honeysuckle, snowflakes dancing against the window, meandering country roads, morning mist, the shimmering silence of snow, nostalgic times of the seasons, monogrammed sweaters, a new dawn, tangerines and oranges that fill the air with cherished fragrance, sucking up the juice of an orange through a soft peppermint stick, the charm of country gardens, a small child slipping his hand into yours, memories of your grown children as babies, love at Christmastime…? These thoughts are from a mother’s heart as her son returns from yet another bone marrow biopsy. These thoughts are truly precious memories. I love you, Joshua.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3420 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    [B][I]Praying for continued good health for your baby, Joshua xo ((HUGS)) to you always xo[/I][/B]
  2. Old Comment
    Beautifully stated. Prayers for Joshua. xo
  3. Old Comment
    Thank you CM3 and Snowflake. I remember writing those words with tears streaming down my face.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award