Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Lost Treasure in the Woods

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,050 Views  0 Posts
“Christmas Afternoon” by...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:51 AM
38,803 Views  0 Posts
Name that Carol
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:34 PM
0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
30,962 Views  0 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,748 Views  2 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Lost Treasure in the Woods

Submit "Lost Treasure in the Woods" to Digg Submit "Lost Treasure in the Woods" to del.icio.us Submit "Lost Treasure in the Woods" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lost Treasure in the Woods" to Google
Posted 05-30-2011 at 09:55 PM by xmas365

I was doing some random Google searches tonight, as I do sometimes just to see what I could learn about the world we live in. I have the thirst for knowledge of little known facts, days of yore, and history of things that went on in my area. I live in an old New England mill town, and the history you see everyday when you drive down Main Street of this Rockwellian little town puts you back in time. We have the Old white church built in the 1800's on the hill over looking the town, we have buildings made of granite from our old granite quarries. The store fronts are basically the downstairs to houses or apartments. The old abandoned mills still dot the landscape, they have long since fallen into disrepair, but to see the history of the buildings puts me in awe. When I first started dating my wife, she told me of rumors of an old Santa's Land type of theme park that was abandoned before it ever opened, I thought that was so cool but I have never heard of anything about the long gone theme park. I have tried searches before on that subject and never had any luck. Tonight my luck has changed when I googled it again I had one hit about an author of children's books who grew up here in the 50's & 60's, and she use to walk through the woods and walk into the Ghost town of a theme park. She basically said the woods and that theme park were her inspiration for one of her books. Now I know that it once existed, but it may have been bulldozed in the last 40-50 years. I don't know, but I now have a general area where it once was or could be. I would love to find it and snap a few pictures to see some of the lost history of this town.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 948 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That would be a wonderful find and imagine the excitement if you did find it and had the opportunity to re invent it

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award