Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer
Most of the postings found herein are of a Seasonal Musical Kind. Playlists from a show called "Mistletoe Mix" on Kringle Radio & Merry Christmas Radio will be found as well as general musings of lyrical & melodically significance as applicable to Christmas music and the enjoyment thereof.

However, the proverbial right for straying from the musical notes and verse is respectfully hereby instated to include the wanderings therefrom a mind that may every now and again think of something else of which to set to prose.

Welcome! Pull up an earphone or speaker and enjoy!
Rate this Entry

'50 Cool Yules, Baby!'

Submit "'50 Cool Yules, Baby!'" to Digg Submit "'50 Cool Yules, Baby!'" to del.icio.us Submit "'50 Cool Yules, Baby!'" to StumbleUpon Submit "'50 Cool Yules, Baby!'" to Google
Posted 06-18-2009 at 08:20 AM by RadioJonD

A Playlist contained in Roxanne (my i-Pod)

Track # (time) - Artist - Album

Playlist title - ’50 Cool Yules, Baby!’

01- Takin' Care Of Christmas (3:46) - Randy Bachman - Takin' Care Of Christmas
02- Merry Christmas Loopy Lu (2:59) - The Kaisers - Norton 45
03- Mary Had a Baby (4:42) - Bruce Cockburn - A Different Kind of Christmas
04- The Secret Of Christmas (2:47) - Ella Fitzgerald - Have Yourself a Jazzy Little Christmas
05- Hey, Santa Claus (2:28) - The Moonglows - Christmas Vacation Soundtrack
06- The Wrong Way To Celebrate Christmas (2:34) - Rev. Edward W. Clayborn (The Guitar Evengelist) - Where Will You Be Christmas Day
07- The Mcadenville Horror (1:23) - John Boy & Billy - Christmas Album
08- My Favorite Things (13:44) - John Coltrane - Atlantic Jazz Legends Sampler
09- God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen (6:49) - Loreena McKennitt - A Winter Garden - Five Songs For The Season
10- Christmas Of Love (2:20) - Little Isidore & The Inquisitors - How The Grinch Stole Christmas Chrismas Soundtrack
11- Merry Christmas Baby (3:11) - Southern Culture On The Skids - Just Say Noël
12- Santa Lost A Ho (3:11) - The Christmas Jug Band - Uncorked
13- Indian Giver (3:37) - Squirrel Nut Zippers - Christmas Caravan
14- Another Rock And Roll Christmas (3:05) – Honeydrippers -Dr Lyons Christmas 2000
15- Christmas is the Time to be With Your Baby (2:44) - The Orchids - Reindeer Rock
16- Cantus (6:17) - Connie Dover - Somebody
17- Christmas Comes But Once A Year (2:19) - Amos Milburn - Rhythm And Blues Christmas
18- Christmas Twist (2:12) - Charlie Starr - That'll Flat... Git It! - Vol.4
19- O Come Emmanuel (3:12) - Chasing Furies - Happy Christmas
20- Merry Christmas, Pretty Baby (3:54) - Jessie Mae Hemphill - Feelin' Good
21- Sugar Rum Cherry (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy) (3:08) - Duke Ellington - XMAS - 'tis the Sampler
22- For Unto A Child Is Born (4:07) - The Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra - Christmas With The Stars (Volume 2)
23- Early Christmas Morning (3:42) - Cyndi Lauper - The Christmas Album (Disc 2)
24- Merry, Merry Christmas (2:17) - Alton & The I Listicks - Natty And Nice - A Reggae Christmas
25- Crackerjack Christmas - (2:45) - Captain Kangaroo - FaLaLaLaLa 2005 ADVENTure In Carols
26- Egg Nog (2:54) - Roy Zimmerman/ The Twang - Peacenic
27- Gee Whiz, It's Christmas (2:44) - Carla Thomas - The Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 4
28- Up On The Housetop (2:13) - The Jambalaya Cajun Band - Alligator Stomp, Vol. 4: Cajun Christmas
29- (Rockin') Winter Wonderland (2:10) - The Fabulous Thunderbirds - An Austin Rhythm And Blues Christmas
30- Christmas Is A Time For Giving (2:37) - Nicolette Larson - The Best of The Stars Come Out for Christmas and More...
31- May Every Day Be Christmas (3:11) - Louis Jordan - Blue, Blues Christmas
32- Santa's Coming In A Whirlybird (1:54) - Gene Autry - Chesler's Greatest Holiday Hits:The Cassette Years 1999-2000 Christmas
33- Christmas Time Is Here (3:20) - Thad Cockrell & Roman Candle - Christmas Time Again
34- Squat (2:25) - Shelby Lynne - (2003 exclusive to radio promo)
35- Every Day Will Be Like a Holiday (2:25) - Don Dixon & Marti Jones - Yuletunes
36- Christmas Is A-Coming (1:06) – Leadbelly - Where Will You Be Christmas Day
37- Christmas Kisses (1:58) - Ray Anthony - Ultra-Lounge: Christmas Cocktails, Part One
38- Dig That Crazy Santa Claus (2:35) - Oscar McLollie And His HoneyJumpers - Hipsters' Holiday
39- Winter Wonderland (4:26) - Etta James - 12 Songs of Christmas
40- Candy Cane Children (2:27) - White Stripes - (2003) Merry Christmas From The White Stripes
41- Here Comes Santa Claus (2:11) - Los Straitjackets - 'Tis The Season For Los Straitjackets!
42- Santa Claus (2:55) - They Might Be Giants - Holidayland
43- The Carpenter's Son (4:13) - The Melson's - Gloryroad
44- It's Christmas (A Time for Giving) (3:34) - Screamin' Jay Hawkins - A Midnight Christmas Mess
45- Feliz Navidad (2:41) - Billy Joe Shaver & Flaco Jiminez - The Real Deal
46- X-Mas on the Isthmus (3:16) - Terry Allen - Salvation
47- Santa's Magical Bag (2:25) - Peppermint Kandy Kids - Santa Claus is Coming to Town
48- I Bought You A Plastic Star For Your Aluminum Tree (4:59) - Michael Franks - Warner Bros. Jazz Christmas Party
49- Deck The Halls (2:10) - The Roches - We Three Kings
50- Little Cajun Drummer Boy (3:54) - Evan John And His H-Bombs - Please Mr. Santa Claus

Most of the tunes in this playlist remain constant. Some are rotated. You regular listeners (both of you) to the ‘Mistletoe Mix’ on Merry Christmas Radio have heard, or will hear, the majority of these tunes. I do enjoy spinning them even if no one is listening!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3284 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Are you on Spotify? Hear the above playlist (with some adjustments) as one of my play lists here.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award