Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » I Will Never Forget

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,837
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

I Will Never Forget

Submit "I Will Never Forget" to Digg Submit "I Will Never Forget" to del.icio.us Submit "I Will Never Forget" to StumbleUpon Submit "I Will Never Forget" to Google
Posted 09-10-2010 at 09:30 PM by xmas365

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of one of the worst things I and probably most people have ever seen. I did not know a single person who lost their life due to the senseless act of terrorism, but I know people who were affected by loss of a loved one. My sister's husband lost one of his best friends in the WTC attack. I still remember the sense of surrealism and the fear everyone was feeling, a woman I was working with at the time came over and told me there was two plane crashes in NYC and I felt a little uneasy about it, and I went to talk to someone else and they said follow me, we went to a television and there were 20 other employees watching those horrific images. The feelings just got worse as we watched, I just remember people leaving crying, and the bosses sent home a bunch of employees, myself included, and they didn't want to have to worry about anyone getting home if things weren't over. I have only gotten older as that day has gotten further in the rearview, but I still have that feeling of pain as the anniversary approaches, I have refused to watch that movie that came out a few years ago, I don't want to see it. Maybe it is just sheer ignorance on my part, or my hope of a world where we all could respect each other and show the love as we are all brothers and sisters in this life together. I just cannot understand why people would do that, or how anyone can hurt anybody at all.

I will never forget that day.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1287 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Amen. I live thousands of miles away from New York and had a good friend who lost his life that day there.

I will never forget what I saw. It is forever etched in my mind.

Thank you for a thought provoking post.
  2. Old Comment
    [B]Thank you, Ron. I too will never forget that horrible day. I was working here at home, but still also had my job at the hospital. Not being a big TV fan, I learned of the events from the Fedex man who delivered my dictation tape that morning. He told me to turn on the TV. I did and was just overwhelmed. All those innocent lives lost. [/B]
  3. Old Comment
    It was a horrible day for sure. Every time I see anything to do with 9/11 I tear up.
    Posted 09-11-2010 at 06:47 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  4. Old Comment
    Ron,
    God bless you and your family. I was there my husband worked in the towers but was a lucky one who was across town when they hit, we lost so many friends and co-workers, I can't tell you the pain is still real and I guess I now really understand what it means to feel the world come together in love even though it took a horrible act to do it. Thank you, L

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award