Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Just A Dog

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Rate this Entry

Just A Dog

Submit "Just A Dog" to Digg Submit "Just A Dog" to del.icio.us Submit "Just A Dog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Just A Dog" to Google
Posted 09-21-2010 at 11:17 AM by caninemom3
Updated 01-09-2011 at 12:00 PM by caninemom3 (dog, furchildren)

[B][COLOR=black]Here is a poem I had to post. This describes completely how I feel about my furchildren who are "just dogs". I hope all the animal lovers here will enjoy this. I found it to be very beautiful. [/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen][U]JUST A DOG[/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]or "that's a lot of money for just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]or the costs involved for "just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]but I did not once feel slighted.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]"just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you probably understand[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]trust, and pure unbridled joy.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]that make me a better person.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]longingly to the future.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog"[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]but an embodiment of all the hopes and [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]dreams of the future,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]away from myself and the worries of the day.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]I hope that someday they can understand that its' not "just a dog"[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]"just a man" or "just a woman."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog,"[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]just smile,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]because they "just don't understand."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]~Unknown Author~ [/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
Views 787 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Aww! I feel the same way!

Very nice poem!
    Posted 09-21-2010 at 01:46 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  2. Old Comment
    Very cute.

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award