Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Miracle

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,249
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess
Rate this Entry

Miracle

Submit "Miracle" to Digg Submit "Miracle" to del.icio.us Submit "Miracle" to StumbleUpon Submit "Miracle" to Google
Posted 10-15-2010 at 08:36 PM by caninemom3
Tags miracle

I am quite weepy this evening which is not new for me. I got some very, very good news today. We have been trying to get a furnace loan for the past year off and on and have been turned down every time because of several reasons, one of them being a bankruptcy which we had to declare back in 2005.

Our furnace is oil and is 57 years old and has been dying a slow and creaky death (rather like myself as I am just 1 year younger than it) for a long time. It went out last Winter in January, February, March, etc. Each time my husband managed to be able to get it going but we both knew it was not going to last another Winter so we decided to try once more to get a loan.

I got the news today that I qualified for a loan to purchase a new furnace !! It is a true miracle in my eyes. Facing a Winter here in Ohio without a furnace could be quite brutal and I just did not know what we were going to do.

I am still a little cautious but the closing of the loan is set for this Wednesday. Then we have to wait until we can order the furnace and for it to come in but knowing that help is on the way is a BIG RELIEF.

Miracles happen every day. The sun rises, sets, babies and furchildren are born. Love still exists in this tired world. There are still good people on Earth. The seasons change. To me, all of these are miracles. Now I can add a personal miracle of my own, that being that I know now in this seemingly small matter that God, the almighty Father, has heard and listens to ME. Me of all people, who screams at him, who has turned her back on him so many times, ME. The one who has literally shook her fist at the sky screaming I HATE YOU !!, me.

I am watching The Nativity Story tonight. I must say when I first found out about being approved for the loan, I was happy but somewhat disappointed just like the spoiled brat that I am. You see, they had originally told me I would be allowed to borrow a slightly higher amount and therefore give me some wiggle room for Christmas gifts. However, they nixed that and are just loaning enough for the furnace.

I was ungrateful until I started watching The Nativity Story. Now I know this is not a movie depicting the exact circumstances of Jesus' birth but the essence of it is that He was born, chose to be born into utter poverty, which made me so ashamed of myself for my reaction about the furnace loan not being exactly what I wanted. That is how us spoiled brats are. We always want what we want or what we think we want. Somehow seeing this depiction of the Savior's birth and how He Himself had NOTHING material in this world put things in my life in perspective and not getting what I "want" was pushed out of the picture because it is not about me, ultimately it is about Him or at least it should be.

I actually found myself pausing the movie to get down on my knees, weeping the whole time, telling Him thank you. Thank you eternal Father. Once again I doubted you and once again you proved me wrong.

Even if I can buy no material gifts for my loved ones, it is going to be an amazing, wonderful Christmas. God loves me !! God CARES for ME !! What a present and one that I would never and will never want to exchange.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1621 Comments 5
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That is fantastic news! I am so happy you got the loan for the furnace.

Remember, Christmas itself is FREE! You don't need money to enjoy the spirit of Christmas.

Have a blessed day!
    Posted 10-16-2010 at 07:22 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is online now
  2. Old Comment
    I'm so happy to hear your news! I've been thinking about you and your furnace dilemma. I guess there's a lesson in there for all of us about being grateful for receiving the things we need, as well as for receiving the things we want. A (reliably) warm house to share with your loved ones at Christmastime will be nice. And a new furnace will be more efficient than the old one---you'll probably spend less on heating oil. Maybe that's where some money for gifts will come from?
  3. Old Comment
    I am so happy that you got the loan.
  4. Old Comment
    Oh how simply wonderful!!! I am sooooooo happy for you!!! Yes...miracles come in many shapes and sizes - and we are thankful for each and every one of them! God bless, Shortbread Cookie!
    Posted 10-17-2010 at 11:59 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  5. Old Comment
    So thrilled for you!

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award