Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Mumof2 » Anniversaries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Organize Your...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:53 PM
Last post by One Spoiled Brat
07-17-2011 06:48 PM
48,562 Views  2 Posts
Lower Your Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:48 PM
49,909 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Cynical...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 09:39 PM
55,035 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,266 Views  0 Posts
Learning the True...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:02 PM
44,707 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Anniversaries

Submit "Anniversaries" to Digg Submit "Anniversaries" to del.icio.us Submit "Anniversaries" to StumbleUpon Submit "Anniversaries" to Google
Posted 03-18-2011 at 10:39 AM by Mumof2

When I was around 12 or so My Father told me "one day Baby,a man will come along and break your heart".This was a direct reaction from my older sister's seperation and adventual divorce.Then he added like every Father Would,Me and your Brothers will break his knee caps.Breaking of the knees is a recurring theme in Boston,its better then cement shoes I guess.
My Father's "Anniversary" is coming up.10 years he'll be gone for.It's also my Father In Laws Birthday.Yes,You heard right.It's a weird thing.Happy Birthday Mr.Marco! I miss you Daddy.In some way I can see my Father giggling about it.not that he was mean,just a big jokester.Kinda like never forget me.like I could.Most of my blogs are about my dad,he was unique.I know everyone is,but unlike my friends fathers my dad stood out.He never went beyond the 5th grade,yet could come up with an invention in no time.needed a math problem? no problem for him he was a human calculator,spelling problems? goto him.He was quick with a joke or some crazy little fact.loved crossword puzzles and old-time radio.had the best candy stash in the city.and made the best biscuits in the north!
The absolute biggest apple pies you'd ever see.He was the cook in the family,and an amazing one too.
He was a Husband, A Father to 8,FIL to 6,Grandfather to 20,great-grandfather to 1.My parents were married in 1955,and had been together since 1951.
Oh yes,back to that little break your heart quote.When he was dying,I asked him do you remember what you said about a man breaking my heart? he said yes,I replied,"I just never knew it would be you".I miss him all the time.It's so weird,You always believe your parents will live forever.It's crushing when they don't.
V..
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1584 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thank you so much for this wonderful blog. You dad sounds so wonderful. I wish I could have met him. I am like you, as you write about your father, I write a lot about my mother, Susy. It IS the most crushing thing I think when we lose our parents. It is just so hard to realize that they are mortal like everyone else.
  2. Old Comment
    Thank You,He was a fun loving guy.Always had quick wit.Even when he was dying.He said to me" Jeez,What's taking God so long"? I said to him Pupi,Its Easter wait ya turn! he laughed and said ya your right,maybe I should wait till after Easter then..and he did.
  3. Old Comment
    Thank you for sharing about your Dad. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award