Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
  1. Old Comment

Christmas Store Ideas Volume 1

Sounds great ron!
  2. Old Comment

Happy 6th!

Congratulations to JP on his 6th Birthday !!! And congratulations to 2 very wonderful people who are his parents xo
  3. Old Comment

Brain Dump

Hi Ron, believe me, I hear you !! I am in the same situation, sort of. My car is a 1993 Honda. Can't get a new one because my husband HAD to have a brand new Harley. I just hope my car lasts ! As far as people who will not help themselves and want handouts all the time I empathize totally. In fact I am related to one such person by marriage. Very frustrating, and she has two children who are suffering but yet she will NOT work or even try to but wants handouts all the time. 1996 was the last time I was able to take a vacation and there is not one in the future. I too am hard working and honest and would really like a break. My husband is retired but at 56 nearly 57 it is not in the cards for me at any time in the future. I don't have a pension or a 401K. It makes me sad to think I am not going to enjoy life ever again. I identify COMPLETELY with all you said but then I always do !

I hope things do work out for you and your Christmas store. Hang in there, my dear friend. It has been said it is always darkest before the dawn.
  4. Old Comment

Brain Dump

Hang in there man! Keep your goal in your mind,be patient and I promise you it you will have your store. I know in my past(and it took years) I would get so frustrated by the folks who would seem to have so much by doing nothing and I would work myself to death just to get by. I think sometimes you have to just get tunnel vision to survive in those cases. glad you wrote that because I feel the same way. But don't give up..there are plenty of options open for you. you may not see them now but in time I bet you will have your Christmas store!
  5. Old Comment

Shedding Tears

You are such a beatuful soul, Ron. I am so proud to be your friend.
  6. Old Comment

Why Not Me?

You are on the right track careful planning is what it takes. As I was always told when growing up getting your homework done makes the task at hand easier to do.
  7. Old Comment

Why Not Me?

I hope it all works out and yes I will visit it as I go to westerm mass every year. You live in a beautiful part of that state! I can't wait to see it!
  8. Old Comment

Why Not Me?

What is life if we don't take risks ? Kudos to you Ron !!! I am a million percent behind you and your Christmas store !!! I know it will be magical and I hope someday perhaps I will visit it !! It is going to be the MOST WONDERFUL Christmas store ever !!
  9. Old Comment

Santa Claus & Me

That was beautiful!
  10. Old Comment

Another Dream (sequel to Xmas365 & Sons Light & Design)

Go for it Bro! I feel the same way. I keep looking for something that I could do year 'round that is Christmas related. I never get tired of anything Christmasy.
  11. Old Comment

Another Dream (sequel to Xmas365 & Sons Light & Design)

Wonderful, Ron !! If I could make it to the opening I certainly would be there !!! I think you would be an amazing Christmas lighting entrepreneur !! It is good to have dreams and I am sure one day you will make yours come true !!
  12. Old Comment

Birthday Thoughts

I am so glad you are past that which you dreaded. I wish I could learn from you. I dread each birthday, not my own, but because I am a year older that means my dear sister is also a year older. I will be 57 (that sounds completely ancient) in September and my sister will be 68. Having the Christmas tree still up is a wonderful idea and mine still is !! I wanted to tell you again, I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I know how hard that was and still is. She is still with you, I truly believe that. I know she is very pround of the wonderful husband and father and human that you are and I know that she can see your tree. She is/was right there celebrating with you. Blessings, Ron to you and yours always.
  13. Old Comment

Please Christmas, Don't Go

The best part of this forum is being able to share these feelings we all have when the season as the world knows it is over. We can all talk to each other and do our best to keep the Christmas Spirit througout the year. Happy New Year 2011 everyone....and as always, the Christmas season will be here before we know it. Here's to looking foward to Christmas 2011 with all of you.
    Merry Christmas!!
    Take Care,
    Reformed Scrooge
    Posted 01-06-2011 at 05:56 PM by reformedscrooge reformedscrooge is offline
  14. Old Comment

This Is Not A Resolution, It's My Life.

You are a wonderful father. I know how important your family is to you, but don't be too hard on yourself. You are still a human and are bound to snap or be uninterested at times. Knowing that you love them and miss spending time with them is already a great gift to your family. I hope somehow you get what you really want, spending more time with your wife and children in the future.
  15. Old Comment

Please Christmas, Don't Go

So beautifully put, Ron. I think we get sad because in a sense it IS a loss. The world is definitely not the same place when it is not Christmas. Taking the decorations down and putting the tree away is sort of like burying an old friend. I cry incessantly when I am taking my tree down and as crazy as this is, I talk to "him". I tell "him" how beautiful he was/is and that if I happen not to be here next year "he" must shine nevertheless. As mental as this sounds, I give "him" a kiss before "he" is put in "his" box for "his sleep". I have given up trying not to be devastated. I always am and I always will be. It is never long enough. I don't think that even if we put our decorations up in June that it would long enough. I sympathize and emphathize with you my dear friend. I feel exactly as you do.
  16. Old Comment

The Unacknowledged Christmas Visitor

Ron, what a nice blog. I agree. There are certain artists or songs that have also been with me at Christmas and listening to them makes Christmas come right back !! Bing had a wonderful, incredible voice !!! I also loved his movies, especially the ones where he played a priest. He was such a gifted man and one of the few who also makes me think "Christmas" instantenously when I hear his voice........Blessings
  17. Old Comment

Why I Need Christmas

And Merry Christmas to an amazing Christmas fan who always conveys feelings so well that I FEEL them. I agree with you Ron. I can't live without that feeling either. If I may quote A Christmas Carol..."But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!'" May God bless you, Ron for bringing the feeling of Christmas with you to your blogs and in all things.
  18. Old Comment

The Santa Hat

Quote:
    That warm Christmas feeling filled me when I put it on, how come I waited so long to wear it? The reaction I get from people when I wear it is great, I get people come up to me and tell me their Christmas list, or just the "what's up, Santa?" The kids snickering, it's Santa, even though I have only the hat and not the suit. . . . the comments I have received on it over the years have all been positive, I love that hat . . .
    There must have been some magic
    In that Santa hat you found,
    For when you place it on your head,
    The Christmas spirit gathers 'round.

That's a wonderful tradition---I love the reverence you have for the Santa hat. May you wear it many more years in good health!
  19. Old Comment

The Santa Hat

First off, you could not nor could ever be "dorky" !!! I think it is wonderful that you remind people of the generosity and kindness of Santa by wearing a symbol of him especially an important one such as his hat. You are an amazing Christmas filled spirit and the world is richer to have you as a representative of the Season of Christmas !!
  20. Old Comment

"You May Say That I'm a Dreamer..."

I LOVE The Beatles and it's a tragic loss to lose such a talented man to some crazed idiot!

You are right about John having an interesting past and even interesting life on up to his death. I have seen many documentary's about The Beatles and own the Beatles Anthology on dvd.
    Posted 12-10-2010 at 11:42 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award