Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess
Old

My most memorable Christmas

Posted 05-08-2008 at 05:54 PM by MrsH

I think everyone has that one childhood Christmas memory that stands out above them all. Mine was probably 1969. Our Grandmother, was staying with us. She always slept on a folding cot in the living room. This one year ended up being very very interesting. First, in the middle of the night before Santa had come, we heard a crash. The folding bed had collapsed during the night and my grandmother was folded up in the bed. Finally we were asleep again and, as kids will do, we snuck down early. At the bottom of the stairs, we peeked around the corner and saw a HUGE dinosaur skeleton. We screamed and ran back up the stairs. Santa had brought us a big styrofoam dinosaur skeleton to play with. I can remember taking the head off and wearing it on my head. That was a fun Christmas.
Mistress of Home & Decor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Taking These Forums to a Whole New Level

Posted 05-07-2008 at 10:10 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

This is my time of year for making tweaks and additions to My Merry Christmas. It amazes me that after nearly ten years operating this web domain we still have so much of Christmas we haven't covered.

Just to give you a little history, My Merry Christmas as a site was established in October 1999. We existed offline and on other web domains dating back to 1991. Can you believe that next year we get to celebrate 10 years as MMC?

I am a writer at heart and I love Christmas so it is no wonder we ended up doing this.

I don't have trained technical expertise in website programming and, honestly, I lose money on this endeavor as a whole every year.

Over the years I have looked at this as my hobby -- a labor of love, if you will. As I have learned more about the Internet and as our community here has grown I've decided that some day I want to retire into doing this full-time, year round.

But only after the babies are grown...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

What Christmas can mean

Posted 05-07-2008 at 12:56 AM by DoubleA

I stated in another thread that I fould out one of my normal customers at the restaurant is a Santa Claus every Christmas time. That could make you whole day hearing that but there is a better kicker. This Santa Claus is homeless. He never complains, always has money in his pocket and enjoys life. He loves good food and he loves to see the smile on kids faces when they tug on his real beard and say "Mom, its the real Santa." He tucks away his own personal suit and brings it out every year, where ever he is needed, does his long shifts and takes all the pictures. He has a real beard that long hair that he dyes white, just a tad skinnier which is easily fixed.
Its kind of amazing to see someone that is less fortunate still wanting to give back as much as he can. I know there is the true spirit of Santa Claus in his heart, and Im glad to have learned some of that story. When Christmas comes around Ill take a pic with him and post it.
Mistletoeologist
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

the otter controversy

Posted 05-05-2008 at 07:05 PM by dvdelf (Musings of Christmas cheer, movies & other things)

Ok time to tackle this head on.

Have you seen Emmet otter?

Are you sure?

What if I told you that if you have watched it recently on dvd, you probably have not seen ALL of Emmet otter?

Lets look at the first release from columbia.
Theres an edit job on the laudry delivery between Ma & Gretchen fox.

Theres another edit between Emmet & ma, right around "aint no hole in the washtub. Also some added lines to the song.

Theres an added act to the talent show

theres another removal on dialogue between Will possum & mayor fox

theres a complete removal of a scene with kermit.

Second release, collectors edition from HIT

First up Kermit the frog is completely gone from this release. At this point Disney owned Kermit, & they were not about to allow someone else to cash in on him.

There are however lots of added...
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A guide to DVD's

Posted 05-05-2008 at 07:15 AM by dvdelf (Musings of Christmas cheer, movies & other things)

So you're looking to expand your christmas movie collection?
Looking in walmart, or on amazon or just about anywhere else you'll be overwhelmed by selections.
Theres special editions & anniversary editions & blah blah blah.
So what should YOU get?
Lets break it down.
Are you interested in just watching the movie? Are you interested in bonus features such as commentaries, documentaries & interviews & such?
Would you like a colorized version of a black & white classic?
These are the things you will be checking for.

Most Christmas movies that are out now, are single disc releases. Play the movie, & thats about it. Maybe a feature or 2.

But some of the classics & newer releases are being released in two disc & special editions.
You'll be looking for things that might interest Commentaries by folks that were involved in the making of the movie
deleted scenes that...
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award