Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Entries for February 2013

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,448 Views  0 Posts
The Early Word on Black...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2011 05:07 AM
48,591 Views  0 Posts
A Miraculous Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:02 PM
53,928 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,957 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts
Old

Within The Depths

Posted 02-27-2013 at 08:50 PM by caninemom3

It is late afternoon on a Wednesday. I am finished working for the day. It is cool and seasonably chilly but I am sitting beside my fireplace with a peaceful and Christmassy blaze giving its warmth to all that is near. I am troubled.

There is something inherently troubling me deep within my soul and I don't know what it is. It always manifests itself in food binging. Food comforts it. Makes it "go away." Why do I do this ? I have asked myself this question for decades. Why do I go off a sensible, healthy eating regimen to stuff myself with food that is unhealthy ? I have no control over this food "obsession." It controls me. I have tried so many different ways to combat it. I have tried just plain dieting, not dieting, only eating when really hungry, behavior modification, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, calorie counting, exercising, Overeater's Anonymous, hypnosis, all to no avail.

Why do I have this urge, this compulsion to binge ?? What...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Mother's Heart

Posted 02-26-2013 at 02:57 PM by Seawaters

I have shared this on MMC before, but I thought I would make it a part of my new "blog life."

A Mother’s Heart

Right now I am listening to merrychristmasradio.com which plays Christmas music all year long. I joined Live 365 so I could celebrate Christmas all the time, not just at Christmas. This was very special to me when I found it. You see, my son was diagnosed with leukemia on December 23, 2007; so my listening to Christmas music was curtailed somewhat. He had his bone marrow transplant in June, and I am living on a long in-drawn breath. In the meantime, I realize that there are few guarantees of happiness in life. Some would argue that there are NO guarantees at all. I say, "What about..." a jump into a pile of fall leaves, crisp October air, lengthening shadows on a late fall afternoon, a brilliant autumn in New England, soft autumn breeze, rain-washed sidewalks, children playing in the twilight, clapboard farmhouses, a starlit...
Leader of the Heavenly Host
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Evolving My Merry Christmas ** PLEASE READ THIS**

Posted 02-26-2013 at 11:09 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

We will soon be making some major announcements here on My Merry Christmas.

Things are changing.

I've been through this enough times to know that with change comes pain. A lot of people do not like change.

From my perspective I don't like change because for years I've worked hard just to get MMC to where it is.

Change some times mean undoing things you have done. Nobody likes to see creations get dismantled in the name of progress.

But change is also healthy because it evolves the overall effort. It opens doors. It makes things better long term.

It is just the sting of the short term that is such a shock.

As we weigh all these things I've contemplated how best to introduce the changes that are coming.

This is the first of many efforts to communicate what's down the road.

We are facing some stark realities in our efforts here.

First of all, costs of...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

Kids and Writing

Posted 02-25-2013 at 11:24 AM by Seawaters

On the Countdown Forum and in some PMs, some of us have been discussing writing, or the fear thereof. If we adults have a fear of writing, can you imagine what little tykes feel? Since I was a third grade teacher, I thought I would share what I wrote in the process of obtaining my master’s degree. Maybe those of you who have a writing phobia may be helped in some small way. The way I discuss writing here is EXACTLY what I do—I use a writer’s notebook and I use magazines and other writings to glean ideas and word choices. Thanks for reading!
I remember sitting in school on several occasions when the teacher would announce an assignment of “a theme,” much in the same way as the teacher in A Christmas Story. I was a lot like Ralphie, the main character. Even though I loved writing, I hated the dreaded theme assignment in which the teacher chose what we were to write about. Unlike Ralphie, though, I did not consider using the theme to inform
Leader of the Heavenly Host
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

400+ Days Of Christmas Songs

Posted 02-17-2013 at 09:40 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Just after Christmas 2011, I was trying to figure out something to do to keep my focus on Christmas, and not the Post-Christmas Blues. I had in my mind a plan to try to listen to a Christmas song a day whether it be on MCR, Youtube, or pull out a CD. Then I thought it would be more fun to share my plan with my family on MMC and write a little blurb about it daily. So on January 1, 2012 Christmas Song a Day, All Year Long Thread was born.

New Year's Day is one of the most depressing day of the year to me, just because that is the milestone when a lot of people feel that the Christmas Season is over, and being such a Christmas nut I find that a very hard thing to get over. On that January morning I selected my first song "Christmas Auld Lang Syne" by Bobby Darin, I brought that song out on New Year's Day just to tie up a nice little bow on Christmas and New Year's together. I received encouraging words from the very beginning from all of you, and I started by going...
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award