Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for November 3, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

A Little April Fool's in November

Posted 11-03-2013 at 06:05 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

Some people will believe anything.

Today on Facebook, on a whim brought on only by a late Saturday night and an early Sunday morning, I posted this snippet:

Did you know that on this date in history the first artificial Christmas tree was found off the coast of Siliconia in 1855? Artificial Christmas trees became an American tradition when Woolworths began selling them to gypsies out of the back of a wagon in 1887.

That snippet came from the draft of a script I wrote more than two years ago. When I research a topic I will put a placeholder in italics and red colored text until I can find the "fact" I seek and replace it.

I must have been in a goofy mood or something when I wrote that and I found it funny this morning, so I just copied and pasted it as a Facebook status expecting somebody to speak up about the absurdity of artificial Christmas trees being "discovered".

To my surprise, within a few minutes the comment...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award