Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Seasonal Celebrations

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Developing an Attitude...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:24 PM
45,178 Views  0 Posts
Others: The History of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:23 PM
64,893 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,661 Views  0 Posts
Christmas with the...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:57 PM
55,817 Views  0 Posts
Why Santa Doesn't Use...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:22 PM
40,061 Views  0 Posts
Musings Through the Year with Gingerbug
Old

Christmas is Coming

Posted 11-01-2008 at 11:31 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

This entry is an excerpt from my blog Ginger's Journey...

Christmas is coming. Faster than I thought possible. Today I worked on my Christmas Notebook and started finalizing my lists...yikes there's still lots to do.

I have been looking at adding a new nativity set this year. I have several but most are novelty sets...like a snowman nativity set and a Boyds Bears one....and even though I love them...I wanted a nativity set with a bit more realism to it...I have a couple smallish ones that fit the bill but not a main one...I looked at several from Italy and a couple generic ones from the USA....there was a nice Native American one also. But then this one from Mexico caught my eye on Ebay. I like the size...the main figures are about four and a half inches tall....so managable without being tiny...the painted details add a whimsical touch to the set...and...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas in July Day 31

Posted 07-31-2008 at 06:12 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

And here is something to remind all of us....that even though Christmas in July is ending we still have things to do and well...a high quality of behavior to maintain!!

Old

Chirstmas in July Day 30

Posted 07-31-2008 at 06:09 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Christmas in July is almost over. I wanted to work on recipes and menus for the last few days and life just keeps getting in the way.

I have a pretty full menu for The Gratitude Brunch and the second party: The Christmas Tea....now I am working on ideas for my Christmas Party: The Elves Workshop. For this party I will rename the foods and drinks so they have elfish names. And I will decorate with toys and other elfish items. I have an antique wooden train that has Santa driving which will be perfect as a centerpiece on the buffet table.

Speaking of buffet tables I am stealing cathymacs idea of creatind different heights to her serving table by puttting boxes or other items under the table cloth. I will be on the lookout for other elfish things...even as I wok around the house because my goal is to use what I have but to use it in different ways. Some of my minature tea sets will also be great elf sized items!!

The last party of the season:...
Old

Christmas in July Day 29

Posted 07-29-2008 at 07:32 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Several people have updated their Rudolph Day blogs and I'd like to share those topics with you:

Check out Reindeer Moon for some Magic Elf ideas.

Another cute example of a post it note stand is up over at Christmas Whimsy.

Updates about Christmas in July activites are up over at Merry Christmas

I have a couple blogs I need to get added to our blog ring...everyone is writing and crafting and cooking...really cool!
Old

Christmas in July Day 28

Posted 07-29-2008 at 04:44 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Christmas in July is about to disappear in a twinkling of the eye....like Santa up the chimmney.

Some of the members over at Magic Holiday Home participated in the second Christmas in July Giveaway by posting ideas for theme parties. I compiled them into a printable little booklet and created a cover sheet.

We'd like to share them with you:

Cover

Theme Party Ideas

Hope you enjoy them!!!

Ginger

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award