Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Seasonal Celebrations

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift for Men
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:42 PM
57,116 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Ten Tips for the...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:35 AM
Last post by Jeff Westover
11-04-2012 05:01 PM
75,044 Views  2 Posts
The Magic of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:12 PM
55,856 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Poems from...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 03:09 PM
43,473 Views  0 Posts
Snowman2 Top Five Christmas Hoaxes
By MMC Editor
09-09-2013 02:14 PM
24,150 Views  0 Posts
Musings Through the Year with Gingerbug
Old

Christmas of Yester-Years

Posted 05-27-2008 at 06:25 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

When I think about Christmas from my childhood I think about the Christmas Stockings. Coming from a family with five children and not much cash we didn't have any fancy red and white stockings....just a good clean boot sock that could be used again later in a more practical way after Christmas. We would hang these not on the mantel...for although we had a wood stove we did not have a fireplace....but on the door of our bedroom. When we went to bed for the night one of my brothers would make sure the broom was beside his bed. then when he woke up in the night he would hit the stockings to see if they had been filled with goodies yet. If they had....then....he would sneak to the door and grab his stocking and off to bed with it he went. Often he would wake the rest of us but not always...sometimes he just relished his filled stocking all by himself and the rest of us only found out later. This was the time before actual toys and gifts were put in stockings. But we were delighted with a...
Old

Fairy Fantasy

Posted 05-26-2008 at 08:44 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Okay I admit it....I am a fairy follower!!

This weekend we went to the Renaissance Fair and my favorite part was the Fairy Forest. And the best part was there was a vendor with lots of wonderful fairy houses for fairy gardens...of course at 70 dollars (or more) a house they were just a bit outside my budget....but I did get lots of great ideas for my own fairy gardens IF it EVER stops raining around here...not very magical digging in the mud!

I also picked up a couple of cute fairy items...one is a little silver pouch with Fairie Dewdrop tea...I am going to make some Christmas fairie tea pouches using gold pouches and red ribbon. Not sure what flavor of tea bag to use in them but they will make cute little items for the Christmas fairies to leave or to tuck inside a gift basket.

I also picked up a little jar of fairy wishes...it is a little terra cotta jar with a silver fairy charm hanging on it with a couple of beads....but when I pull out the...
Old

Just June

Posted 05-18-2008 at 09:18 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Umm...when I think about the upcoming month....yes I know May is only half over...and believe me I am looking forward to a wonderful Memorial Day weekend....all those snow days mean we have school AFTER Memorial Day this year...but can't change it so no use dwelling on it! Anyway I transgress....June...it will be here before we know it...no major holidays....ummm okay Father's Day but you know what I mean.....so it's Just June...stretching before me with possiblities...I like that....possiblities...I think that's one reason that even with snow and cold...I like January...it is the beginning of a new year with endless possibilites...clean calendar pages waiting....days that have yet to unfold, journeys to take, memories to make...Just June...is waiting just around the corner! .....In the meantime...I won't waste a day of Marvelous May...for there are flowers to plant...now that graduation is over and it has stopped raining....oh dear I do hope I haven't jinxed myself!!!
Old

Reflections on a Journey

Posted 05-17-2008 at 06:28 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Have you every thought about how much time it takes to "get ready" to go on a journey? The list making, the packing, the maps, the reservations etc? Seems like it's almost more effort than it's worth. But the journeys in our lives can be just as complicated. In fact sometimes I take more time thinking about a journey (bill paying journeys, writing a paper journey, clean the house journey) than just taking off. You know where you just jump in the car and start driving...see where you end up.
I remember one spring when I was about 14 and hanging out with friends...we decided to take a road trip over to see the river which was flooding. It was about an hours drive. We just hopped in the car and took off. Yes, I had some older friends who could drive and nope didn't ask my parent's permission. Back in "the day" , living in the middle of nowhere, you could do such things without fear of turning up a missing person.
We drove with the windows down, not overly fast...we...
Old

Senior Day

Posted 05-15-2008 at 08:31 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Today was Senior Day at the high school. The last day of attendance for seniors and the viewing of the senior video. I anticipated getting a bit teary eyed watching the video but instead I felt a strange sense of calm and satisfaction. The video featured each of the seniors (over 200) in a baby picture with their senior picture immediatly following it. There were also sections that contained group photos from childhood and more recent ones. It was fun to see how the kids have changed over the years. Then of couse the music was lovely. It lasted 90 minutes and each of the seniors gets a copy of the DVD. So as Kelsey says: "It's not over yet...I've got graduation practice at 10 tomorrow".....it's bound to be a busy weekend. But what a nice finale to the wonderful class of 2008

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award