Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Fred Claus (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:47 PM
53,408 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,638 Views  0 Posts
Bells The REAL First Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:34 PM
0 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
Old

Remember My Birthday

Posted 10-15-2010 at 08:43 PM by caninemom3
Tags jesus

[B][COLOR=seagreen]This has ALWAYS inspired me very much. As it is getting close to His birthday celebration, I wanted to do this for the Lord. This was written by an anonymous person but is truly beautiful so a little early, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS !!!! [/COLOR][/B]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen][B]Remember My Birthday?[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen][B]As you well know, we are getting closer to My birthday. Every year there is a celebration in My honor and I think that this year the celebration will be repeated. During this time there are many people shopping for gifts, there are many radio announcements, TV commercials, and in every part of the world everyone is talking that My birthday is getting closer and closer.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen]It is really very nice to know, that at least once a year, some people think of Me. As you know, the celebration of My birthday began...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

Miracle

Posted 10-15-2010 at 08:36 PM by caninemom3
Tags miracle

I am quite weepy this evening which is not new for me. I got some very, very good news today. We have been trying to get a furnace loan for the past year off and on and have been turned down every time because of several reasons, one of them being a bankruptcy which we had to declare back in 2005.

Our furnace is oil and is 57 years old and has been dying a slow and creaky death (rather like myself as I am just 1 year younger than it) for a long time. It went out last Winter in January, February, March, etc. Each time my husband managed to be able to get it going but we both knew it was not going to last another Winter so we decided to try once more to get a loan.

I got the news today that I qualified for a loan to purchase a new furnace !! It is a true miracle in my eyes. Facing a Winter here in Ohio without a furnace could be quite brutal and I just did not know what we were going to do.

I am still a little cautious but the closing of the loan...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

One Of My Favorite Poems

Posted 10-14-2010 at 11:31 AM by caninemom3

[B]This poem has long been one of my very, very favorites. I wanted to post it in my blog so that perhaps it will inspire others as it has me. [/B]

[B]It was written by [/B][B][B]Max Ehrmann c.1920[/B][/B]

THE DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,...
Old

Where Are You Christmas ?

Posted 10-07-2010 at 12:41 PM by caninemom3
Updated 01-09-2011 at 11:57 AM by caninemom3 (sad, depression)

I have to admit I am really sad. I don't know even where to begin. I do not want to drag anyone down who reads this but here goes.

Christmas Season is right around the corner and I LOVE THAT !!! I truly love Christmas. There is just nothing like it. I guess what is bothering me so much are a few financial things. We desperately need a new furnace. We do not have natural gas where I live so we have an oil furnace. The thing is that we went through very hard times 5 years ago and had to declare bankruptcy. Though it has long been discharged it stays on your record for 7 years at least. There are no banks who will even consider giving us a loan so we are potentially facing Winter with no furnace. It sort of works intermittently but our old furnace is 56 years old. The motor is shot and you cannot buy a new one because it is THAT outdated and no parts can be bought either. I know that "this too shall pass" but I just don't know how.

We have tried multiple...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Very Special Christmas Gift

Posted 10-01-2010 at 03:02 PM by caninemom3
Tags sister

Rodmonster has inspired me !! He has posted absolutely BEAUTIFUl poems that he wrote. My sister wrote this poem for me 12 years ago the year our mother passed away and I wanted to share it:

[B]MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY SISTER[/B]

When branches are bare and the sky is clear
It's near my sister's favorite time of year
When days are short, she comes alive
'Cos in her heart, she'll always be five

When Christmas carols fill the night
I see her eyes glow clear and bright
'Cos Santa Claus is on his way
Listen closely and you'll hear his sleigh

Peace on earth, good will to all
And to all creatures great and small
We celebrate that blessed night when
God sent His Son to set the world right

My sister to me has always meant love
She can be feisty as a lion or gentle as a dove
Christmas has always been her special time
And because of her it is also mine
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award