Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,355 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,574 Views  0 Posts
"Love Is Best" by Kate...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 01:08 PM
58,399 Views  0 Posts
When Bad Things Happen...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:24 PM
43,746 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2005
By MMC Editor
06-11-2005 11:02 PM
39,277 Views  0 Posts
Old

My Christmas With Nat King Cole

Posted 01-01-2011 at 07:22 PM by caninemom3

It has often been said that it is not good to dwell too much in the past. Since all of my fondest memories exist in the past that is where I spend a lot of my time, especially at Christmas time. Memories are a funny thing. It takes only a certain mood, a certain fragrance, a certain set of weather conditions or a certain song or piece of music to resurrect memories especially Christmas memories.

All it takes to send me to Christmas past is to hear the first few bars of The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing. Once I hear the first few notes of this beautiful song and the incomparable vocals of Nat King Cole I am immediately 7 years old again.

For me there seems to be a sort of a magic presence in this song. Once it begins I can almost see myself, 7 years old, very shy and with my mom, Suzy, in our kitchen. We are baking Chistmas cookies. My dad is in the living room with Christmas music playing from the TV/Stereo/Radio...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Ultimate Weapon

Posted 12-31-2010 at 11:14 AM by caninemom3
Tags sin, weapon

When God wanted to defeat sin, His ultimate weapon was the sacrifice of His own Son. On Christmas Day two thousand years ago, the birth of a tiny baby in an obscure village in the Middle East was God's supreme triumph of good over evil.

Untethered by time, God sees us all. From the backwoods of Virginia to the business district of London; from the Vikings to the astronauts, from the cave-dwellers to the kings, from the hut-builders to the
finger-pointers to the rock-stackers, He sees us. Vagabonds and ragamuffines all, He saw us before we were born.

And He loves what He sees. Flooded by emotion. Overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, "You are my child. I love you dearly. I'm aware that someday you'll turn from me and walk away. But I want you to know, I've already provided a way back."

And to prove it, He did something extraordinary.

Stepping from the throne, He removed His robe of...
Old

Exhaustion

Posted 12-29-2010 at 01:40 AM by caninemom3
Tags debt, exhausted

It is 3:28 EST and I am awake. I am so tired I can hardly type these words. I have been battling a cold which has settled in my lungs and is making it very difficult to breathe plus I am constantly worried. Why do we have to have money in this life ? Ever since my husband retired it has been a struggle. I am the one who makes sure the bills get paid each pay. There is just not enough. My husband really is not worried about it. Well, I HAVE to be. I don't want this blog to turn into a sort of "dirty laundry" thing regarding my gripes about my husband but I will say he has absolutely no clue in how NOT to spend money or on what is truly important when income is limited. Dear Father in Heaven, I am so very tired with each and EVERY day being a struggle. I know I am not the only person who faces this sort of problem. Some people just don't worry but then there are those of us who do. I also know that money is not happiness but for now I would take it if it would mean I don't have...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Merry CHRISTmas !!!!

Posted 12-23-2010 at 04:42 AM by caninemom3

[CENTER][COLOR=seagreen][B][U]One Solitary Life[/U][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=seagreen][IMG]http://www.catholicgarden.com/h.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][B][COLOR=seagreen]e was[/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen] born in an obscure village,[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]The child of a peasant woman.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]He grew up in still another village,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]Where he worked in a carpenter shop[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]Until he was thirty.[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Then for three years[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]He was an itinerant preacher.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]He never wrote a book.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]He never held an office.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]He never had a family or owned a house.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]He didn't go to college.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]He never visited a big city.[/COLOR][/B]...
Old

An Ordinary Night ?

Posted 12-19-2010 at 08:29 PM by caninemom3
Tags angel, heaven

The sky was ordinary. An occasional gust stirred the leaves and chilled the air. the stars were diamonds sparkling on black velvet. Fleets of clouds floated in front of the moon.

It was a beautiful night - a night worth peeking out your bedroom window to admire-but not really an unusual one. No reason to expect a surprise. Nothing to keep a person awake. An ordinary night with an ordinary sky.

The sheep were ordinary. Some fat. Some scrawny. Some with barrel bellies. Some with twig legs. Common animals. No fleece made of gold. No history makers. No
blue-ribbon winners. They were simply sheep - lumpy, sleeping silhouettes on a hillside.

And the shepherds. Peasants they were. Probably wearing all the clothes they owned. Smelling like sheep and looking just as woolly. They were consicentious, willing to spend the night with their flocks. But you won't find their staffs in a museum nor their writings in a library. No one asked their opinion...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award