Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,083
Threads: 53,867
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, NMcKeel
Old

Hi Mom

Posted 09-24-2010 at 09:38 PM by caninemom3
Tags mom

Hi mom, I hope you are okay. Today was the day you were called away 12 years ago. I miss you as much now as I did then, maybe more. Mom, I felt I had to write to you in my blog especially today of all days.

I let you down, I know that. At least that is the way I feel, especially at the end, but I love you with all my heart. I always have and always will. I hope you know that and I hope you forgive me. I was never a very good daughter to you, not as good as I should have been. Not as good a daughter as you were a mom to me. I can hardly mention your name without bursting into tears.

I always had a sense even when I was very young that I was going to lose you someday and I knew that it was going to be difficult to let you go. I don't think I have ever or will ever let you go. I need you, mom.

When I was little all I can remember of you is that you were ALWAYS with me. When I was sick, you were tireless and you never thought of how tired you might...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A New Shepherd For Baby Jesus

Posted 09-24-2010 at 07:15 AM by caninemom3
Tags shepherd

[B]I thought this was very beautiful. I also posted this in Home and Family on the boards but I wanted to be sure that it might be seen. Animals have the most keen sense about life. Some may say the pup just wanted someplace comfy to lay, I prefer to think it is more than that. [/B]
[B]A Nativity Scene was erected in a church yard. [/B]

[B]During the night the folks came across this scene. [/B]

[B]An abandoned dog was looking for a comfortable, protected place to sleep. He chose baby Jesus as his comfort. No one had the heart to send him away so he was there all night. [/B]

[URL="http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=757&d=1285301287"][IMG]http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=757&thumb=1&d=1285301287[/IMG][/URL]

[B]We should all have the good sense of this dog and curl up in Jesus' lap from time to time.[/B]

[B][COLOR=red]This is too sweet...
Old

Killing Christmas

Posted 09-22-2010 at 09:04 PM by caninemom3

I guess I am just an idealistic sap. Each year as Christmas approaches I try to spread the Christmas spirit to everyone around me. I don't do this to be "pushy" or to try and push my faith or anything like that. I do it because it is the one time of the year I feel is truly different and I really do feel the hearts of humans tend to open a bit more at Christmas time to each other. I FEEL Christmas in my very soul and I feel I have to try and share its warmth with everyone.

I always say "Merry CHRISTmas" because for me CHRISTmas is about Christ and family and I do not just mean my family of origin because most of them are gone. I mean the family of mankind. I am usually quite bubbly and overly friendly when I am doing this and get more than a few odd looks from people. That is nothing new. I have been an oddball all my life and if being exuberant in my celebration of Christmas classifies me as an oddball then so be it !!

I somehow allow myself...
Old

Just A Dog

Posted 09-21-2010 at 11:17 AM by caninemom3
Updated 01-09-2011 at 12:00 PM by caninemom3 (dog, furchildren)

[B][COLOR=black]Here is a poem I had to post. This describes completely how I feel about my furchildren who are "just dogs". I hope all the animal lovers here will enjoy this. I found it to be very beautiful. [/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen][U]JUST A DOG[/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]or "that's a lot of money for just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]or the costs involved for "just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"[/COLOR][/B]...
Old

My $5,000 Chihuahua - A Pet Parent Dilemma

Posted 09-17-2010 at 11:13 AM by caninemom3
Tags ivy

It was this time of the year, Autumn and it all comes back. Ivy lay in the bed sort of crumpled up with her hind legs contracted to her body. She could not move them and every time I tried to move her she winced and cried out. I was in a panic. What was I, were we to do ?? This had happened before. As I tried to comfort my little Ivy, my tears fell onto her sweet little face. I prayed. "Dear God, NOT THIS AGAIN !!" "What are we going to do, God, we are bankrupt ?!" My head was spinning as I tried to figure out a solution. My husband, for all his faults, was beside himself as well. Ivy was his "little princess". I knew something had to be done and it was me who was going to have to set things in action or she would be paralyzed for the rest of her life or have to be put down.

Ivy had ruptured a disc in her back. I don't know how it happened or why. She had no feeling in her legs and had lost control of bowels and bladder but yet still had enough...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award