Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The Bog Ruby...
By Meceka
08-20-2011 10:33 AM
Last post by ibelieveinchristmas
10-11-2011 10:05 AM
1 Posts
Christmas in the South...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:15 PM
46,049 Views  0 Posts
Zero Liability Season's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:46 PM
47,824 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,595 Views  1 Posts
A Christmas Carol
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:00 PM
188,617 Views  0 Posts
Old

Screaming At God

Posted 09-08-2010 at 01:00 PM by caninemom3
Tags brat

I have had this on my mind the last few days and debated on writing about it. I do not want to offend anyone but after all, our blogs are supposed to express our thoughts. Here goes. I don't know about anyone else here but occasionally I find myself so mad at God I could spit nails !! This may actually be for things He is or is not responsible for but He gets the blame nonetheless when I have a fit. There have been times when I have LITERALLY screamed at Him and yes, though I hate to admit it, have called Him, the Lord Almighty, every unsavory name in the book (and NOT the good book !) I have even shaken my fist at the sky screaming like a lunatic. I am not proud of this. Not at all. It is simply something that occurs sometimes.

For a while I was taught that you NEVER do this. NEVER blaspheme, if that is what I have done. But I do it. I just get fed up sometimes with things in this life. Fed up with good people suffering or being taken away too soon. Fed up with prejudice,...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

Migraines, Memories And Musings

Posted 09-04-2010 at 06:49 AM by caninemom3
Tags musings

As I lay here this morning typing, some of you may think I am crazy. You are probably correct. ( I actually did undergo shock therapy at one time when I was just 19 years old !) I have a migraine this morning which awakened me at 6:30 a.m. EST. Now this is nothing new for me but some of you may be wondering why I would post in my blog when I am in such discomfort. I don't really have an answer, I just have thoughts (as well as pain) in my head and MUST get them out. I have had these monstrous headaches since I was a small child. The only difference between now and then is that physicians know what they are. When I was a kid in the 1960s I was given aspirin by my very concerned mom, which of course did not help. The headaches at that time just had to pass on their own. I have had a LOT of these lately which is not unusual. I seem to go through a period where I have them for perhaps several days to weeks and then they stop. When I had them as a child my dear mother would try her very best...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas, Jesus, Rhodesian Ridgebacks And Such

Posted 09-03-2010 at 09:42 AM by caninemom3
Tags ridgeback

There are so many thoughts swirling in my head today, I don't know where to begin ! It is finally September, which means the Autumn equinox will be here shortly ! I am so excited ! I am going to try later today to get all of my Fall/Halloween indoor decorations out. I like to have my decorations (particularly Halloween and Christmas) up a long time beforehand so I can enjoy them longer. I can't wait to see the changing colors of the leaves and to hear Christmas Carols again on the music channel I have when they are "officially" allowed !!! September 1 starts the season my first husband and I used to call Christween, as I have posted in other places on the MMC site. I also think part of my excitement this year is due to MMC itself.

When I come to the site, it is like I am leaving behind any problems, any stress and any sense of negativity, like I am entering "Christmas Land' itself. Everyone here has been so amazingly kind to me, it does make me cry sometimes....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My life and the book of eli

Posted 08-31-2010 at 01:10 PM by caninemom3
Tags eli

I actually feel inspired today. I have felt that way for a few days. In my last blog I was so sad but today I feel good, hopeful and I am not sure really why. You are going to think this is odd, but I believe this newfound hopefulness is all because of a movie I watched. It is called [I]The Book Of Eli. [/I]It stars Denzel Washington as Eli and the best actor to ever play a villain, Gary Oldman. I don't want to give away too much here in case any of you want to see it. It is about Eli who is a nomad, walking steadily to the West. In the beginning of the movie it is made clear there has been an apocalyptic event and the world is no longer like it has been. Money is not of value any longer but things like playing cards and lighters are !! Eli is on a mission from God and it is his mission to take his Book to the West for God's purpose. Though it is a fairly violent movie at times (which I hate, especially the first few minutes) it still inspires. As Eli continues on his quest to deliver...
Old

A blog of self pity and doubt

Posted 08-28-2010 at 09:24 AM by caninemom3
Tags marriage

This is not going to be a particularly happy or Christmassy blog. I guess I want all of you to know the true me because I think of all of you as friends. I am not sure why I feel it necessary to share some of this with you but I feel honesty is one of the utmost important things in life and I have the sense that I carry out a bit of a charade at times. I have some things to talk about today that may not be the most uplifting. I am depressed. I am usually always this way but I have learned to still function anyway. I must. I am extremely blessed in that I have my health, my freedom, my sister, my furchildren, a home to live in, enough food to eat but most important of all, I have Christ and I know He above all understands and is here. But I am still quite sad a lot of the time. I try to be upbeat on the forums but I suspect a bit of the "true" me creeps out sometimes. For that, I am sorry. My oldest goddaughter likens me to Eeyore and I agree. That sad little blue donkey is defiinitely...
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award