Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung
Old

Exhaustion

Posted 03-26-2012 at 09:20 PM by caninemom3

It is a Monday evening and I am sitting by the fireplace with a fire nicely warming my corner of the living room. My canine kids are all asleep. My 5-1/2 year old, Clancy, is asleep beside me. My 4-month-old baby, Hermione is asleep on the other couch and my dear sweet old man of 15, Wishbone is asleep on the foot stool nuzzled up against my feet and here I sit completely and utterly exhausted yet wide awake.

There are so many reasons why I feel this way I think. One reason is my current job. I have been a transcriptionist for nearly 18 years and no job has ever made me so tired as the one I have now. I just can''t figure out why I am reacting this way. This is just doing the same thing I have done for nearly two decades but never have I ever been so out of it by the time I finish my shift. I just dont get it. I honestly feel this job is killing me, yet I cant give it up. The money is too good.

I have been thinking so much lately about things I have no control...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas Family

Posted 11-11-2011 at 08:05 AM by caninemom3

Many years ago a couple took a journey because of a census. The husband led the way with his wife seated on their donkey. She was growing quite tired and weary as their destination was so far and she was expecting her first child soon.

When they arrived there was not any place they could stay. The only shelter available was in a place where cattle are kept and there was no bed for her baby.

When he was born there were no fancy hospitals, no monitors to make sure he and his mother were okay, nothing but coldness and uncertainty about the future.

The mother and her husband knew everything would be fine as they had great faith and they were right.

As we celebrate Christmas let us remember it does not take money, extravagant presents, or bounties of fattening foods. It just takes being with the ones who are your family and being together. Let us embrace those we love and count our blessings and be kind to one another even if we have...
Old

In Memory Of, A Thanksgiving Tribute

Posted 11-08-2011 at 09:46 PM by caninemom3

Thanksgiving is traditionally a day of family, feast and football ! It was always that way with our family. What a wonderful time and wonderul season. Each year on Thanksgiving we would all gather at my parents' home and catch up with one another, laugh, joke and of course enjoy all the scrumptious delights my mother had prepared for the feast.

I saw my parents quite often throughout the rest of the year but on Thanksgiving they both seemed different somehow. You see, Thanksgiving Day marked the beginning of Christmas Season for our family.

My parents both adored Christmas. They turned into giddy little children at Christmastime and it was not unusual when one went shopping with them for Christmas gifts for them to "ooh" and "ahhh" over each beautifully decorated store and display that they saw.

One Thanksgiving was different.

My dear brother Andy had passed away during the Summer of 1977 at the age of 31. ...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Nani And The Christmas Ornament

Posted 11-03-2011 at 10:21 PM by caninemom3

I will never forget the Thanksgiving of 1975. It was a truly different and unforgetable Thanksgiving.

At the time, my husband David and I were living in our first home and as luck would have it that year, it was his turn to work midnights the week of Thanksgiving. Knowing that we would not be making it to our parents' homes on the day itself, we celebrated with them earlier.

When Thanksgiving Day itself arrived I was rather blue and lonely. Here it was, Thanksgiving, a day to not only be thankful, but for our family the very start of Christmas Season and while my husband rested in our upstairs bedroom, I watched the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV in a blue fog.

I was POSITIVE this was going to be the WORST Thanksgiving EVER. Until the phone rang.

It was my dear sister. Her name is Margaret but I call her Nani because of the movie, Lilo And Stitch. She too was lonely, and also had the same blue fog about her. She wondered if she...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

19 Years And Counting........

Posted 10-31-2011 at 12:32 AM by caninemom3

I remember it as though it were yesterday. It was Fall, just after Halloween. The air had a kind of Autumn/burning leaf smell when you went outside. It had been raining that day. Early in the morning my husband, David, had called to say he would be late and just wanted to tell me he loved me as I was returning back to work at Rite Aid that day and we would miss each other in passing. He had worked nights and was really tired. More tired than normal, I thought. We had been married for 20 years. I met David when I was 16 and I married him when I was 17, almost 18. He was a mere 20 and turned 21 the year we got married.

We were exact soul mates for one another. We loved the same books, the same movies, and we could talk for hours on end which we did regularly. David always tried to tell me I was just as smart as he but I always knew better.

That Fall morning after I spoke to David I got up and got my shower and went on my way to Rite Aid. It was not going to...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award