Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Annual Survey of...
By MMC Editor
09-16-2013 08:19 AM
Last post by icetene33
10-21-2013 04:04 PM
19,308 Views  2 Posts
Santa Speaks 2009
By MMC Editor
06-11-2009 11:15 PM
45,354 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,057 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Evolution of...
By MMC Editor
10-10-2011 12:10 AM
66,071 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,305 Views  0 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

MMC and Our Kittens

Posted 11-22-2010 at 09:18 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

This is the time of year I was looking most forward to spending time on this great site, since this is what we celebrate everyday here.
Life in general has gotten in the way of the time I have wanted to share here, between my work schedule of now nearly 40 hours a week, which is up from 28 that I worked the last 2 years, the money is great but exhaustion reigns supreme in my life at this time, especially when I move 1000's of pounds of turkeys a day, I don't think my arms have ever been bigger, but wow am I tired. I still do make a quick visit at least once a day, do a quick blurb in the countdown, and did join in the countdown to the season for the last 20 minutes before midnight, that was quite fun. I am still looking forward to being here for the festivities of the season and celebrating with all of you.

Kitties: I just want to give an update of the kittens we rescued back in May, and describe their personalities quickly.

We ended out adopting two...
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I Have Turned Into A Fair Weather Fan

Posted 11-15-2010 at 10:21 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I have been thinking about this for a few days now. As many of you know I am a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, I have been a fan of the team for nearly 30 years, but the last twenty have been very tough. The Bengals have had only 2 winning seasons in that time, and as a fan coming into this season, this was the year it was different we were going to go a long distance and maybe win the Super Bowl. Boy was I wrong.

I was six years old, and at that time I was a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers (my older cousin I mentioned in a previous blog, persuaded me at a young age to be a fan) I remember watching highlights of games with my father and I saw the striped helmet, I instantly became a fan of the Bengals, mainly because I loved tigers at that age. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl that year and lost to the 49ers. I have been by their side since then, buying and receiving team merchandise, living and dying with the scores on Sundays, which is quite tough being in Massachusetts...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas Memories & Long Lost Family

Posted 11-10-2010 at 10:26 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I woke up this morning thinking about two different things, both about my past with cousins I haven't seen for a while. My boys have been watching the original Transformers cartoon, now that they are on TV again, my boys are loving it, it may be a little "old" for them, but being a child of the 80's when Ghostbusters and Gremlins were considered family fare, this is pretty harmless. It is fun reliving my childhood with my boys, and seeing how much they love it reminded me how much I loved that show, especially Optimus Prime, we have the great fun realistic looking movies now, and the toys are a lot harder to do, but they are so much cooler looking now. Which brings me to my cousins, they are both older than me but I am only 1 1/2 years younger than my older cousin. We were so close growing up, they lived in the next town and we would go over there house quite often, and they always had the best toys, my oldest cousin was the sports nut, being into baseball, football, and hockey,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Frosty World

Posted 11-08-2010 at 07:55 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)
Tags joyous, snow, winter

As we meander through this Autumnal season, we finally got our first taste of the upcoming winter, a minor snowfall, but it stuck to the ground and made everything glisten in a white powder. I look forward to the winter with it being my favorite season, not only because Christmas is in it, but I feel I connect with the winter season better than any other, I can't stand the summer it is way to hot for me and the heat makes me so sick, spring is a rebirth but to much rain and mud, autumn is beautiful but the temperatures jump around more than my blogs do. Winter, ahhhh winter, the season that fills me with wonder, it maybe cold, but invigorating. It may be hard work shoveling, but so rewarding when you get that first sip of hot chocolate coming back in from the cold. And have I even mentioned Christmas!
I have always been a winter person, I was born during a snowstorm in January, I would spend hours out in the snow as a child, I would play hockey on the frozen ponds of my town when...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I Cannot Wait

Posted 10-25-2010 at 09:23 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I am ready to break out the decorations, I am ready for a turkey dinner, I am just ready.
I feel on top of the game this year, I am not feeling overwhelmed by the thought of shopping, or of getting the house decorated. I just want to get everything done early this year and really enjoy the WHOLE season, just listening to Christmas music or watching all my Christmas DVD's this year, the last 2 we have not been able to watch them all with all going on, but this year I will. I cannot wait until the local radio stations go Christmas music 24/7 and I fall asleep every night listening to it (one of my favorite things). My wife has been making a new Christmas cookie the last 2 weekends and she plans to do every weekend right through the holidays, I know my earlier blogs I was sort of depressed about things but that has passed and now once again the season cannot get here fast enough and as of midnight we will be under 60 days.
I am not only dreaming of a white Christmas, I am dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award