Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » gabulldawg

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Ten Tips for the...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:35 AM
Last post by Jeff Westover
11-04-2012 05:01 PM
74,891 Views  2 Posts
Frankincense
By MMC Editor
06-08-2011 05:45 PM
47,360 Views  0 Posts
Washington's Christmas...
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 09:16 PM
58,489 Views  0 Posts
The Nativity Story...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:49 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 06:14 PM
53,860 Views  1 Posts
Top Ten Things Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:07 PM
50,413 Views  0 Posts
Old

Mixed Feelings and the Holidays!

Posted 12-23-2011 at 07:12 AM by gabulldawg

Well I can't believe it's the holidays again. As the song goes "another year older,Another year just begun" or however it goes...I have somewhat mixed feelings this year at the holidays and feel guilty for having them at all.
Back in 2009 at the holidays I was just getting back on my feet from a divorce from being married 13 years so everyone kinda expected me to be a mess and I was. I don't remember getting out of bed except to work the month of December. Last year was a really good holiday season. I don't remember feeling like this. As I am in the final days before I offically and finally become a dad I find myself questioning alot of things...and I really had high hopes for this holiday season. But on November 6 of this year everything changed in a big way with my parents getting injured and my dad having a major stroke and even though he made it,and may somewhat recover,it hurts me that I know he is hurting this season and I can't help it,I know he wants to be home...
Magi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I am with you.

Posted 05-16-2011 at 10:16 AM by gabulldawg

After my lunch break today I was putting my laptop up and found a card tucked away that Brandi left for me to find.She writes and teaches Literature so I am moved and wanted to share it here...it's for when i leave on june 5th.....
I am with you

As I imagine what you are doing, I feel you by my side,
like the morning when you left me, I wish I'd never cried,
for your shoulders were heavy with guilt and lots of sadness too,
Last words echoed inside my head of "I'll be coming home to you".
And there your kiss left mine until some distant day,
to be your last (you promised) that you shall never go away.
So I sit here looking out, on to fields so green,
whilst you have only dessert and views you will have only seen.
But rest assured I am with you, deep inside your heart,
I would always be your strength and angel, you knew that from the start.
To guide you through your dark days and help you...
Magi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Glory Days..

Posted 03-16-2011 at 07:14 AM by gabulldawg

First of all,this is coming from an uber medicated,fever ridden individual with ramblings going on my head constantly,just keep that in mind.

I often have dreams of being back in high school during my senior year glory days, and it is like I am still hanging around the same people and same situations and I even still look 17. Those were the days of sneaking out and staying up all night,or going to the beach for the weekend,no worries at all.All I worried about was myself and how I looked on the outside.
When I entered my early 20's I enlisted in the Military and for the first 3 years worried constantly I would fail and get kicked out,I always heard from old friends who would joke about me even serving and thinking I would not last,looking back it makes me very angry and I wonder if that later made me try even harder to succeed. I question constantly if I have taken the right path in everything I have done in the last 18 years since high school has ended. And I wonder...
Magi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Goodbye Old Friend Winter

Posted 03-02-2011 at 11:23 AM by gabulldawg

Today as I was on my lunchbreak I walked around the grounds on my base and saw all the blooms on the trees,and it was so beautiful. I could not help but feel some sadness though at the passage of the season winter.

It made me think about comparing winter to an old friend you have had since childhood. Now I know I have complained alot in posts about how cold I was and how sick and tired I was of winter especially by late January. I always love to see winter come,and count down the days practically! Just like when an old friend come to visit you in your home,at first everything is great! you catch up on old times talking about the past,and you plan on all the things you will do together while they are here!

After the first week though little annoyances set in,and by the second week you are ready to get back to your old routine! As they walk out the door after you hug them and tell them you will see them next visit you begin to feel a heavy heart afterall they...
Magi
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award