MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Currently I have two afghans going and one is made with yarn that has been discontinued so I'm hunting for a few more skeins. If I don't find any of the yarn, I'll have to frog the whole thing and make it smaller. :eek:
Oh, no! Maybe someone on eBay or Etsy would have a few skeins of the discontinued yarn ... ?

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I understand that completely! Many years ago when I chose the date for our wedding, my brother (our best man) immediately said "No way, that is OSU-Michigan Game Day. If you have it that day, I won't show up!" I didn't realize I picked that day and promptly changed it; I wanted to watch the game too and I know I would have a whole lot less people attending my wedding if it was also game day! They don't mess around with that date here in Ohio (as I know you completely understand!) Go Bucks!

This made me LOL! Yes, I completely understand!!! GO BUCKS!

GO BLUE! :p

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
It is not unusual for school levies to take two or three shots before they pass. Our school district has gone through this process many times, but, fortunately, not of late.

Same here ~ took three times for the bond issue to finally pass earlier this year.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Have fun with your mom today!!
Do you share your sauce recipe? Every time you mention cooking homemade sauce, I can smell it! ;) Ha ha! Sounds soooo good!
Have a great day HMG!

I actually don’t have a written recipe for my sauce, I just cook it the way my mother does. I sauté onion and garlic in olive oil, I add two cans of crushed tomatoes, two cans of purée, one can of tomato paste. I add about one can of water. Salt & pepper to taste. A little sugar. Oregano and basil. A few bay leaves. I let it simmer for hours with meatballs and sausage. Thats about it. It’s easy peasey!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Oh, no! Maybe someone on eBay or Etsy would have a few skeins of the discontinued yarn ... ?

Merry Wednesday, MerryCarey!

It would be so nice to find a few skeins on one of those sites!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I actually don’t have a written recipe for my sauce, I just cook it the way my mother does. I sauté onion and garlic in olive oil, I add two cans of crushed tomatoes, two cans of purée, one can of tomato paste. I add about one can of water. Salt & pepper to taste. A little sugar. Oregano and basil. A few bay leaves. I let it simmer for hours with meatballs and sausage. Thats about it. It’s easy peasey!

Yummy!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning MMC! It's a sunny, though chilly Pines Day morning! We are up to 39º now, but a low of 29 is predicted for tonight! Brrrr! That's the 1st 20 something I've seen! As of now, we have snow predicted for Friday! Whoop whoop! :D (not holding my breath, but...)
:snowball

So I woke up this morning thinking it was Thursday, then realizing it's Wednesday - not looking too forward to the work day....dragging my feet getting ready for work...and then I drive by our church where I see the church (reserved parking) signs up for a funeral of a 46 year old local man/friend of many/teacher/football coach/track coach/husband/father/upstanding citizen... made me sick. My day is perfect!!!

Working both jobs again today - so typical day for me. (my new normal for now...LOL) I'm kind of excited this afternoon at my new job we have a local lady who has a printing (advertising) business coming in for us to pick out shirts with the company logo on them. It will be nice to not have to think about what to wear every morning!!! :)

Everyone, have a GREAT day!!! Looking forward to the Pines tonight!!!

How incredibly sad for this family. Prayers for them! Hope your day is going well!

Last edited:

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry evening! I slept well today. So great, hopefully I sleep tonight! I’m off until Friday again and looking forward to it. With the decorations up and all the Christmas movies and specials playing, I love to be off this time of the year.

I’m just currently sitting with the kids, eating pizza, and watching Hallmark. DH is working tonight. I hope you’re all having a great evening! I’ll bring the leftover pizza to the Pines!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
SPECIAL POST DAY 5

I'm often asked why I collect Santas. I usually just say it's a tradition. My mom collected them when I was young. Her birthday is 3 days before christmas and it was my tradition to buy her a new one every year as a gift. She loved the ones that sing, dance, and otherwise do some kind of crazy thing. Me and my sisters loved to play with them and It was something we looked forward to all year long. So it just kinda became a thing. Then when we grew up and she started having health problems and was forced to sell the house, the Santa collection was one of the few things that we saved. I then took over the collection and have morphed it into what it is today.

As I've grown older, there's more to it than just tradition though. It has become about what Santa represents. It's about the ability to unselfishly give, asking for nothing in return but the feeling of joy when you see the pleasure that it brings. It's about seeing the look in anothers eyes when they are truly grateful, or the look of shock when they recieve something completely unexpected. It's about knowing that you have truly touched someone and made their life a little bit brighter than it was before.

Santa also represents the belief that anything is possible. That miracles can happen. The hope that magic is real. And serves as a reminder that just because we can’t see something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

In a world that seems to be full of hate, Santa represents a guiding light for all of us to follow. A shining example of compassion and generosity. A reminder that it is possible for one person to bring the world together and change it for the better.

So when I look at my Santa collection what do I see? I see a goal. A way of life that few choose to live. A path to being a better person. To finding the true Christmas spirit.

So as we approach this Christmas Season, let your inner Santa shine, help make someone’s day a little brighter and put a little bit of Joy back into this crazy world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image