MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Wednesday!
Merry Pines Day!

Long day today! I didn't sleep well last night/this morning and what dreams I had were very strange. It is going to be an early night tonight as I have a lot of things to get done tomorrow.

Merry dreams!!

Once I address the daily song flu that greets me as my eyes open, I spend the next ten minutes of my waking moments analyzing my dreams. Quite often the answers I come up with are hilarious in a dark humour sort of way.
Hope you got better sleep.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Pines Day MMC ~
I just walked Rocky and it’s pretty chilly out there. I think I’m going to lay down for a little bit, I’m trying to get rid of a headache. Thankfully I don’t have too much going on today. I have a couple of quick errands to run later and I’ll be working on the laundry. Dinner will be spaghetti and meatballs. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well. See you tonight!
xx

Hope the nap helped and that you are feeling better today.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning MMC! Roads were a little slick this morning! Main roads were fine but stop signs on back roads needed some salt! We had some pretty snow coming down. :)

Work for me today - both places. New job is VERY busy so I should head over there earlier than normal, but old job is VERY busy too, trying to switch things over & close down some accounts. Gah!!

Friday is my annual shopping trip with my friend, Saturday morning we are having the burial of moms ashes, & I just found out last night that I am hosting candy making day this year, which is Sunday! Gah!! Who wants to come clean my house & finish putting up Christmas & find a place for all these beautiful funeral gifts? :eek: LOL! I'll git 'r done!!!

Everyone, have a great day!!!!

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead. Enjoy and thoughts be with you, as I know this weekend will also be hard.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
You know something, I sometimes wonder, I wonder with all this digital transformation of films and such, I just wonder if another 30-40 years, the old projector type film movies will come back out.

I say that, because I just recently discovered the the polaroid camera is making a come back. it’s in style/ the new rave, with the younger crowds. Kinda makes one think
My youngest has a polaroid...we got it for her last Christmas. Her and her friends love it!

Good Thursday MMC! I'm tired. Work was so busy as usual and then Rollins got into a giant chocolate bar I had bought for my mom for Christmas. Luckily he didn't eat anything close to all 3lbs of it but he did take a chunk out of it. Of course, he got sick a few times last night and I had to wake up. I'm giving him water and keeping an eye on him. He did something similar last December (hope this isn't a tradition). SFM glad to hear the news no your dad. I hope everyone here has a good day!
Oh no...sorry to hear about Rollins. Hope he feels better.
It is amazing how they can get into things!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Friday Eve!! I did a few online orders last night so I am feeling a bit better about shopping. I am taking a 1/2 day next Friday so I will definitely finish up then.
Just work for me today and then we are meeting a friend and her daughter for pizza.
Hope you have a great day!

ETA: We watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix with Kurt Russell..it was really good-definitely recommend it!

Last edited:

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Greetings my merry chums ::wave

The potluck at work yesterday was good; there were several things I could eat and two retirees showed up to join us.

I really had too much to do and barely had time to join in so by the time I got there a few things were already gone, but I did not go away hungry.

My dad called last night to say he's going to Niagara on the Lake tomorrow for my young cousin's wedding. I had declined because my husband wasn't feeling up to it. I didn't think my dad would go on his own, but he said, the weather looked good so he wanted to connect with her grandpa. I'd like my dad to bring him to his place for a few weeks; he's in a retirement home with failing health - mostly his memory; he forgets if he's eaten so he's pretty thin. Hoping they will move him to the other side soon where the residents are monitored instead of living independently. He always reminded me of Mr. Dressup (loved that man, Ernie Coombs demanded equal pay for other stars of the show and crew). My older cousin always said I was like the daughter he never had. He had a pretty hard life, but a good heart and no bitterness; I respect his character.

I'm listening to Hallmark presents Sandi Patti; Celebrate Christmas with the Canadian Brass, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the London Symphony Orchestra and must get to work.

19 Days to go - crazy.+i

Have a super-dee-duper-merry sort of day, y'all!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.

The wait and the count goes on, as does our enjoyment of Christmas Season 2018.
Are you listening to Christmas music? Watching Christmas movies?
What about the TV specials?
There's still time, and lots of the Season left to enjoy, but the fact is, we are nearing the half way point!

The count:
Days to Christmas Day: 19
And there you have it - into the TEENS!

The chilly weather is here for a while and now the weather service says we may see a little frozen precipitation of some sort from late Saturday to possibly early Monday. There is supposed to be little if any accumulation however, as the temps are predicted to be a tad too warm.
Right now it is cloudy with a thermometer reading of 32 degrees.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Everybody.
(Weekend Eve again tomorrow, you know!)
Thanks Crown! The temp was almost in the teens too!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!! Merry Friday Eve!!
We're supposed to get some snow today. I don't think it's supposed to amount to much, but I'll watch it come down if I can! :) My brother is heading home from MA today with a 26' moving van, so hopefully he doesn't run into any slick roads. xx
I'm working both places again today & since there was no mail yesterday, I'm sure both places will have plenty in the mailbox to take care of! ;)
Everyone, have a GREAT day!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I wonder if it's because major film distributers no longer offer physical film prints, but only digital files ... some smaller theaters aren't equipped for digital projection. (When we see "White Christmas," it will be a digital presentation, not a print.) It's sad that the digital-only policy is driving smaller theaters and drive-ins out of business and making older, beloved films less available in some cases.
The theater is digital - believe it or not, I don't think they had enough interest. What's wrong with people?? LOL!! (I guess people are just busy during the holidays)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you, I am having a wonderful day!
I hope you are relaxing this evening!!
xx
My evening was TOO relaxing - didn't get anything done! :eek:

Merry Wednesday!
Merry Pines Day!

Long day today! I didn't sleep well last night/this morning and what dreams I had were very strange. It is going to be an early night tonight as I have a lot of things to get done tomorrow.

Merry dreams!!
Hope you got a good nights sleep!
Merry Friday Eve!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday MMC! I'm tired. Work was so busy as usual and then Rollins got into a giant chocolate bar I had bought for my mom for Christmas. Luckily he didn't eat anything close to all 3lbs of it but he did take a chunk out of it. Of course, he got sick a few times last night and I had to wake up. I'm giving him water and keeping an eye on him. He did something similar last December (hope this isn't a tradition). SFM glad to hear the news no your dad. I hope everyone here has a good day!
Oh no!! I hope Rollins will be just fine today!! (((Hugs))) to him!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
It’s going to be mostly sunny today with highs near 40, we’re currently at 27 degrees. Typical day of errands and chores. I also have plans to go shopping later this afternoon for jewelry to wear the day of the wedding. Dinner will be fried chicken with garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. That’s about it for me. Hope everyone is well. Have a great day MMC!
xx
Have a great day HMG!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
wow, Thursday already ! Family Christmas party this Saturday and I still have 12 loaves of raisen bread to make and fill some orders.
We have some snow overnight so it looks beautiful out there again.
Looking forward to Christmas !!
Heading out to Port Huron next Tuesday to mail out my Christmas cards as things here with Canada post are still unstable and since I have not received any cards yet I do not want mine that I am sending out to get held up. My son has some things he has to pick up as well. So we will make a day of it and stop at his favorite lunch place (Big Boy), not my choice but I can endure one lunch there for him LOL

Here's wishing you all a great day !!

Sounds like you have a busy few days!! Enjoy!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Friday Eve!! I did a few online orders last night so I am feeling a bit better about shopping. I am taking a 1/2 day next Friday so I will definitely finish up then.
Just work for me today and then we are meeting a friend and her daughter for pizza.

ETA: We watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix with Kurt Russell..it was really good-definitely recommend it!
I tried to watch that last night but for some reason, I couldn't pull up my Netflix! :mad:
Have a great day SFM!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Greetings my merry chums ::wave

The potluck at work yesterday was good; there were several things I could eat and two retirees showed up to join us.

I really had too much to do and barely had time to join in so by the time I got there a few things were already gone, but I did not go away hungry.

My dad called last night to say he's going to Niagara on the Lake tomorrow for my young cousin's wedding. I had declined because my husband wasn't feeling up to it. I didn't think my dad would go on his own, but he said, the weather looked good so he wanted to connect with her grandpa. I'd like my dad to bring him to his place for a few weeks; he's in a retirement home with failing health - mostly his memory; he forgets if he's eaten so he's pretty thin. Hoping they will move him to the other side soon where the residents are monitored instead of living independently. He always reminded me of Mr. Dressup (loved that man, Ernie Coombs demanded equal pay for other stars of the show and crew). My older cousin always said I was like the daughter he never had. He had a pretty hard life, but a good heart and no bitterness; I respect his character.

I'm listening to Hallmark presents Sandi Patti; Celebrate Christmas with the Canadian Brass, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the London Symphony Orchestra and must get to work.

19 Days to go - crazy.+i

Have a super-dee-duper-merry sort of day, y'all!

Safe travels to your dad. I hope he has a great visit!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Wednesday!
Merry Pines Day!

Merry dreams!!

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well - hope tonight is better!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Oh no! Hope he continues to feel better.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's still downright cold around here. It was 27° when I got in my truck this morning! I had to scrape the ice off of Elizabeth's windshield before I left, too.

Last night, my brother and I stretched a large tarp over the roof on a building at the farm. When my band starting getting pretty busy, Dad helped us build a practice room. It has since turned into a storage building, and the roof is leaking. We're going to put a metal roof on it, but not before the rain comes back this weekend. Anyway, it was cold and dark, but we got it done.

We're getting the results from Nancy's mom's tests this afternoon. I appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

I'm glad to hear The Christmas Chronicles is good, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image