Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner varies year to year. This year we are having a ham dinner with extended family on the 23rd. Christmas Eve and Day are up in the air as we are waiting to see if DH has to work Christmas Eve. If he does then we have meatballs and sausage sandwiches on Christmas eve and a big turkey dinner on Christmas Day. If he has off then we will have the big turkey dinner on Christmas Eve and have left overs on Christmas Day.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 357 DAYS

Good December Thursday! I did say December but I also said THURSDAY which means we have a double count today. We have our normal daily count which now is at 357 days. And then we have our weekly count to Thanksgiving which started at a record high 53 and has since dropped by 2 to 51 weeks. 2 weeks ago we all sat and watched the parade. I have it on DVR still and at some point will go back to it. I have read they actually prepare and plan for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade all year. That's true love for it just like we all love Thanksgiving and everything that goes with it. For now, enjoy this Non-Thanksgiving Thursday but it's still a Christmas Season one!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 358 DAYS

Morning Thanksgiving Fans! We have a chilly and dry morning here in early December. 20 days till Christmas is crazy isn't it? But look at OUR count here in this thread. It stands at a much, much larger 358 days. Still that's ok because it gives us all year to talk about it and prepare ourselves for that most special day on November 28th. For now, I hope your Christmas wrapping and shopping is going well. Can anyone think of a better Christmas gift to receive than a gigantic turkey? Thanksgiving Meal Part 2 for Christmas Day. CW? Turkey or Ham for you for Christmas? I hope everyone enjoys their chilly December Day with dreams of turkeys!​
Looks like its ham for us this Christmas. Unless I come across a good deal on a turkey breast, will do both then. I wont ruin a whole turkey just to get the breast off it.

Reactions: Edge612 and Minta

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
It used to be turkey for us on Thanksgiving and Christmas. That was until my mother instituted the tradition of prime rib on Christmas Day. At first, I missed the turkey. However, it was a sacrifice that I grew to LOVE!!!!
I am not a big fan of ham myself so for years I did the dbl turkey for both holidays. My wife likes ham so I suffer through it for Christmas dinner.

Reactions: Edge612 and Minta

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 357 DAYS

Good December Thursday! I did say December but I also said THURSDAY which means we have a double count today. We have our normal daily count which now is at 357 days. And then we have our weekly count to Thanksgiving which started at a record high 53 and has since dropped by 2 to 51 weeks. 2 weeks ago we all sat and watched the parade. I have it on DVR still and at some point will go back to it. I have read they actually prepare and plan for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade all year. That's true love for it just like we all love Thanksgiving and everything that goes with it. For now, enjoy this Non-Thanksgiving Thursday but it's still a Christmas Season one!​
I have watched Youtube vids that they time lapsed over a year in planning the parade. I guess its the same for stores and malls that have Pro decorators for Christmas that I have read about and watches videos. The day they pull decor down in the malls and stores they have to be finalizing the next years arrangements. Repairs, new decor and planning make it a year round job.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Looks like its ham for us this Christmas. Unless I come across a good deal on a turkey breast, will do both then. I wont ruin a whole turkey just to get the breast off it.
I hear you CW. I'm not a huge ham person either. But I think the only reason I love turkey so much is because it's special and I really only eat it a few times a year (one in particular will be on November 28th 2019.)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 356 DAYS

Good December TGIF! It's funny that we've had a bunch of chilly and/or cold days since Mid-October yet right up until today the coldest day we had was Thanksgiving 2018! It is one thing I will remember from this Thanksgiving. I never felt so cold before on that day but as I told our friend CW I'd rather that than it being 70 degrees on turkey day. Still we count a week into December and now stand at 356 days. The numbers continue to move slowly but surely. And I think we all have plenty of Christmas stuff to get done these next few weeks. Ironically, one reason I love Thanksgiving so much is actually the lack of gifts. I just like how pure Thanksgiving is. Family, food, football, traditions, fun and nothing more. Have a great December Friday!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Morning everyone. I had a late start today due to the weather. It seems like it was just Halloween and now we are down to 3 weeks till Christmas!! Thanksgiving is gone and Christmas will soon follow. As I have read on here before many times, I am almost on the ledge!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning everyone. I had a late start today due to the weather. It seems like it was just Halloween and now we are down to 3 weeks till Christmas!! Thanksgiving is gone and Christmas will soon follow. As I have read on here before many times, I am almost on the ledge!
I want to enjoy this weekend with lots of Christmas stuff...but I won't lie. I wish we could go back to September right now lol.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 355 DAYS

Good Christmassy Saturday! It's a wonderful time of year isn't it? And guess what brought us this time of year? THANKSGIVING of course. It started everything officially. That's why it's overall maybe the best day of the year. And that's why we in this thread give it the credit it deserves and follow along the countdown to it all year long. And the count this fine chilly December Saturday is at 355. We have knocked off 15 days off the count since we began at 370. That's a nice little chunk now that we've knocked off all while enjoying the joy and wonder of the Christmas Season. Funny thing I still have a little turkey leftovers left in the freezer. Hmm I wonder when I should use those. Have a great Saturday!​

Last edited:
Reactions: Christmaswarlock

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 354 DAYS

Happy December Day! All Decembers Days seem special don't they? Of course. This site waits all year for this month. And here in this thread we wait all year for Thanksgiving. And that came recently and now we're in our 1st month of an 11 month journey back to the wonderful special month of Thanksgiving known as November. Today our count drops to 354 so it's closer to 350 than 360 now. Not bad huh? And I'm sure we all have a bunch of Christmas things to do over the next 2.5 weeks to keep us occupied as we continue counting towards turkey day. Have a great and amazing Sunday with whatever plans you have keep Thanksgiving in your heart & soul!​

Last edited:
Reactions: Christmaswarlock

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image