Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
. . .
Thanks M!

You're welcome!

Carolina still had a slight fever this morning but it's no where near as high as it was last night. Mike feels better bur still has a cold so he chose to stay home. I'm laying on the couch trying to feel better before work since there is no one to cover for me. Poor Carolina wants to play and I don't have the energy so she is sad now

Praying you are better soon! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good evening,

The anxiety battle was better today, even after a rough morning where I had to push myself to get up and get to work. My oldest friend came in and checked on me while I was at work today, she was worried about me and wanted to give me a hug. She was the one i helped rediscover her Christmas spirit. Sometimes when someone shows how much they care it helps you set yourself right. I am thankful for that.
I am listening to the Monkees Christmas album now, it came out this past October and I love it. I loved the Monkees growing up, in 1986 they were doing their 20th year anniversary tour, I was 11, my cousin was 13 and all we wanted to be for Halloween were the Monkees, I just learned the show is now on a channel called Lease?. I set the DVR to record the shows. I can't wait to watch them again.
I hope you all had a great day
Good night, everyone

Praying today was better than yesterday!
So sweet of your friend to check up on you ~ hugs are marvelous medicine for the spirit!
The Monkees Christmas album is on my Christmas music wish list.
Have a merry weekend, xmas!
xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
TGIF...another work week in the books! It is bitterly cold out there. My cousin and her family are coming tomorrow from NY. I think we are going to go bowling tomorrow night and maybe go out to dinner. No real plans for Sunday...although I think I will start taking down my Christmas decorations. Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Have a merry weekend with your cousin and her family!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning ~
Happy Friday!
It’s going to be sunny today with highs near 30, we’re currently at 24 degrees. I’m so tired, I woke up to the phone ringing at 4:00am! I didn’t recognize the number so I didn’t pick it up. I couldn’t fall back asleep afterward. So frustrating! Anyway, I’m heading out soon to visit my parents. I’m going shopping afterward with my youngest, we’re looking for new outfits for her graduation ceremony next week. I also have to stop at the bank and butcher at some point. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. Dinner will be chili and cornbread. I guess that’s it. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Have fun shopping with your youngest! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
FYI Walmart went 90% off today.

I’ve been to 2 and haven’t found any decorations I had to have but I got several things to put back for my nieces and Ella next year.

I also got my new snow shovel and stuff to make French toast since that’s what you do when it snows.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Nice you were able to find a few gift items!
The only items I've gotten during the seasonal clearance sale was a cat ornament from Hallmark and a few Christmas movies. Pickings have been very slim out this way!
French toast sounds yummy!
xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good afternoon MMC!! My work week is complete. YAY!!! Tomorrow we have a winter weather advisory for 3-5" of snow. Bring it on. Sounds like a GREAT day to stay home & watch it snow!!! :D
:snowball

My hubby got home from work early last night (6:15) so we went out to eat Mexican. Delicious!!

I don't think we have much planned for the weekend. Looking forward to hanging at home & hopefully watching it snow!!! I will really enjoy my tree's even more if it's snowing! :)

Everyone, have a wonderful Friday!!!!

You are so right ~ there is something about snow that makes a Christmas tree more enjoyable. Magic!
Enjoy!!
xx

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Thursday afternoon, Christmas friends!

I've been getting a lot of stuff done at work today, and I just got back from a lunch with mama. Now I have to leave to go to a dentist appointment. Hooray.

It's a lot colder today, and I get to wear a sweater again. Hooray!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Hope your appointment went well!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Ask. Santa. For. An. Ice. Scraper.

Why haven't I thought of this before!?! Thanks!!

:D ;) :p

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
You are so right ~ there is something about snow that makes a Christmas tree more enjoyable. Magic!
Enjoy!!
xx
Thanks M! I hope we get to watch it snow all day! xx Merry Friday to you. Hope you have a Merry weekend!!!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Oh yes - that was my next step if it didn't get better! Hopefully I'm on the right track now. My nephew is a physical therapist - he runs a sports medicine facility - he does acupuncture, etc. He's a great "go too" to give me ideas for stretches, etc. We also have a wonderful sports medicine place right here in our home town so one of those 2 places are still on my radar! Thanks!

(((Hugs))) I understand!! I am completely in love with my Lucy girl, but I always miss my Gracie girl!!!!

Glad to hear you're on the right track and I do think of you often about Gracie. I know how much you miss her.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Carolina had a fever of 103.1 just a little bit ago, Mike had a fever yesterday and I feel like I'm coming down with something. I hope everyone is well! I'll check in later before bed to catch up on posts

I pray everyone feels better!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good afternoon MMC!!! I get to go to my old job this afternoon. (home for lunch now) That will be a nice break from the craziness of the new job. Mercy! :eek: I hope some day - hopefully sooner rather than later - I'll understand how things work there. Whew!!! Everyday is a learning curve!!

My sciatica is feeling so much better today. It's still there, but not nearly as painful!! Hopefully I'm on the up swing with that! WOW was that painful!! No more sitting at the calculator all day, rarely getting up!!

I'm hoping to have time to log on this afternoon at the old job to get all caught up!

Merry Friday Eve everyone!!!!

:march:

Happy to hear your sciatica has subsided a bit; I had experienced similar pain, but after a few tests discovered it was my Pirifomis muscle causing all the related pain and discomfort. I wound up going the acupuncture route - well actually the acute technique where they stick the needle in, pull it out and repeat several times. It sounds painful, but it was more of an irritating feeling like mosquito bites.
Never really helped much; finally I had to stop the spin cycle bike classes I enjoyed so much at the gym and it tapered off.
As for the learning curve at the new job; you'll get the hang of things in no time and wonder why you thought it was crazy in the beginning.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks! He tried to sell me on a crown for a tooth that has never given me any problems. LOL!

My dentist asked me about a chipped tooth I have had since I was 10 years old. I said, "I can't cap that; I wouldn't have a story to tell about how it happend." He laughed.
I wrote a letter to Shaun Cassidy once and told him we should get married because we had a chipped tooth in the same spot. It was ever so slight, I don't think people even noticed it in his posters from Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazines, but I did.
Mine came via a bicycle accident when I turned too quick in loose gravel.
HaHa :ornarment the things y'all make me remember.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Carolina still had a slight fever this morning but it's no where near as high as it was last night. Mike feels better bur still has a cold so he chose to stay home. I'm laying on the couch trying to feel better before work since there is no one to cover for me. Poor Carolina wants to play and I don't have the energy so she is sad now

Ever seen this ad?

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
15"??? And I'm excited about 3-5! LOL

Very cold around here today - my eyelids almost stuck together. Our city crews have been out the last two days removing snowbanks taller than I am; causing quite the detours in traffic without much warning - wish they would do more of it at night, but they start at 3:00 a.m. and they've got to do it at some point. My cars are still "boxed in" with snow all around them; if good ol' George doesn't want to lend me his snow blower, my dad has a guy that does his triplex parking lot that I can get to come over. Supposed to be mild on Monday, but I can't wait until Monday - I've got things to do, places to go, etc.
I live in the North; we're used to this kind of weather, but I think there's been nearly a winters worth of snow already.
Hope it's all gone by St. Patrick's Day.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Let’s say 10am tomorrow!!

Okay - now I want French Toast too. It's not pure merry pressure, is it?

Way back in my childhood days, a new family had moved in down the street and I went over to introduce myself. I always managed to knock on doors around breakfast or lunch -haha.

Anyway, the mother was making French Toast for her twin children who were two years younger than I. She asked if I wanted some, but I didn't think so because it was too sweet. I visited with the children in their kitchen booth while she was preparing their breakfast. The smell was good, the appearance was good - this was not French Toast - well not the way my brother made it.

Softly I suggested, "Maybe I should try it before I say I don't like it." Well, it was quite good. My brothers idea of French Toast was to tear off bits of toast and pour syrup over it. What the mom made for her paternal twins was not the same food at all.

I make French Grilled Cheese - the cheese and ham are prepared inside the bread and I add ketchup so it's warm; then I dip both sides in egg and toss it in the pan and flip it over - I can't eat syrup, but what I make is yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image