Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 324 DAYS

Good 2nd week of January! A full week into the 1st month of the year we now officially begin the 2nd week of the year of 2019. And our countdown this morning to start it off sees us at 324 days until Thanksgiving. Already now closer to 320 than 330. That's something isn't it? And we continue to eye the 28th of the month which is in 20 days. And the big day is February 1 when we reach 300 days. That will be major for all of us turkey fans as the "300s" always make a holiday seem so much farther away than the 2s or 1s. Gobble Gobble. And while you do that please have a great day with positive thoughts of all the great things that Thanksgiving brings!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 323 DAYS

Happy Last Single Digits Day of the year! Tomorrow we move into Double Digits January and won't see single digits of the year until January 1, 2020. Let's not think that far ahead please! But let's think ahead to something else in the future: Thanksgiving! That would be November 28th. And it now is 323 days from now. But something much closer than that is our 2nd 28th which is is 19 days! Of course, February 1 I've mentioned is the 300 day marker and the end of the "Doldrums" of the countdown. But here there are no real doldrums as we all try to think good and positive Thanksgiving thoughts all year long. Turkey, Turkey, Turkey. Have a great Pines Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 322 DAYS

Good Thanksgiving Thursday! No it's not THANKSGIVING DAY (thank goodness as I am not ready for that yet). But it is a Thursday which makes us think about Thanksgiving even more than the other 6 days of the week do. Today's countdown is simply 322 days. But today's weekly countdown is now down to 46 weeks! We started at 53 if you'll recall. Knocked off 7 weeks since then. Seems like only yesterday we started this thread on Thanksgiving Day. Unreal. Now let's all focus on today as it's Double Digits January today (10th). We're moving along and eyeing the 300 day marker on February 1. We'll get there. For now, just enjoy your 10th of January!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 321 DAYS

Good TGIF 1-11! Triple "1s" Friday here. That's pretty cool. Not as "cool" as it is outside or should I say cold this morning! Our Countdown though is pretty cool too as we now are at 321 days till Turkey Day or better known to many as Thanksgiving! Still eyeing the 28th of the month right through the coming Mid-January time period and 3 weeks from today is February 1 which in our countdown here will be major. We'll hit that 300 day marker in just 3 weeks and once we get past that hurdle it will seem not quite as far away anymore as it does in the "300s" series. Turkey, Turkey, Turkey I love you. And I'm not afraid to admit it. I hope you all enjoy your Triple 1s Friday and maybe have a turkey sandwich just to get a small taste of Thanksgiving!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 320 DAYS

Happy Cold Saturday! We have a cold weekend here but guess what? It's probably only barely as cold as Thanksgiving Day was. In fact, Thanksgiving Day still was colder I think because of the wind. And today folks our countdown reaches another drop by "10" to 320 days! Do you realize what that means? That means that we have gone through 50 days in this count as we started at 370! That is a BIG chunk to take out of the countdown. Imagine another 50 and then another 50 out of it. I'm not ready! Let's keep the 300s going for another 20 days till we reach February 1 turkey lovers. Those pics of turkey burgers and turkey pizzas look good CW. Anything turkey is loved in this thread. Have a great Winter Weekend!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 319 DAYS

Good Second Sunday of the year! How's your 2nd week been? Had any turkey dreams? I have! But that's what I do often. Today's Countdown is at 319 days now. Look at us into the "teens" of the 300s. It seems like only yesterday we were all preparing our turkeys on that most special Thursday of the year. I was in the supermarket yesterday and walked right by a bunch of big frozen turkeys and instantly smiled thinking of this thread and that special day in November. Oh yeah I just realized our 2nd 28th will fall on Monday, 2 weeks from tomorrow and that Friday we'll hit the 300 marker. Talk about a big week. A great way to start and end the week. For now just enjoy your 2nd Sunday of the year and smile at any turkeys you may walk by!​

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
Here’s a Thanksgiving topic not sure if anyone is familiar the brand of turkey Jennie-o . We have used them for a long long time even stayed through the scare this past Thanksgiving of salmonella. The gravy they include with their birds is ridiculously good . This year however the gravy was different so I sent them an email to ask why, I was informed that the recipe was changed to be gluten free... so disappointed....

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Here’s a Thanksgiving topic not sure if anyone is familiar the brand of turkey Jennie-o . We have used them for a long long time even stayed through the scare this past Thanksgiving of salmonella. The gravy they include with their birds is ridiculously good . This year however the gravy was different so I sent them an email to ask why, I was informed that the recipe was changed to be gluten free... so disappointed....
Its funny you posted this. We just got back from the store and I saw some of their turkey dinner kits. I tried one in the past and found the flavor of the turkey to be weird. It almost reminded me of a turkey from the deli.

Reactions: Edge612 and RachRon

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Ahh good old gluten free...well that is disappointing. Personally I know some people need to have a gluten free diet but some believe they should do it just cause it's good for them. Not sure I believe in that hype.

Reactions: Christmaswarlock

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 318 DAYS

Good Mid January Week Monday Morning! It's the dead of winter now. The cold has finally settled in. A big storm is possibly on the way for next weekend. And we're all here in the Thanksgiving thread counting down the days till we're all getting turkeyfied. Today's Countdown is at 318 days till Thanksgiving! Not a bad countdown at all to start off this week. Rolling ahead now and 2 weeks away from a big week where we reach our 2nd 28th, as well as, the 300 day marker. How awesome is that? Well no rush though. We have this week first and next week 2nd. One day and one week at at time here. All aboard the Thanksgiving Countdown as we go straight ahead. Turkey, Turkey, Turkey I love you. Have a great Mid January Monday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 317 DAYS

Good Almost Halfway through January! We have cold days ahead into and through the middle of winter based on the outlook. But pictures like CW just posted should keep us all warm. Nothing is better than the warmth of the oven in your house with the smells of turkey while it's in the oven and the parade on t.v. To me, that's heaven. And today our countdown to that most special day is at 317 days. We're marching right along here in Mid-January now towards those big dates we've mentioned in 2 weeks or so from now. Looking forward to them aren't you? I am. But looking forward first to have a great day today here in almost Mid-Winter now. Brrrr...turkey, turkey, turkey. Now I feel warmer! Have a great day!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image