Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Monday!
It’s going to be mostly cloudy today with a few spotty showers, highs around 76 degrees. My middle one is off today and she said she will help me decorate for Autumn so I should finally finish that. We may take a ride to HomeGoods as well to pick up a couple of new things. Other than that I will be working on the laundry and I’m making a pot of Italian wedding soup for dinner. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

A Magnificent Milestone Morning, My Many Merry Mates!
Oh yes, indeedy! Another marker has been reached.

Days to the Season: 58
Days to Christmas Day: 100

And you read that second number correctly. We have in fact reached the One-Hundred Day Christmas Day Window and tomorrow, BOTH of our counts will consist of two digits.
(Fast times, they are a startin'!)

Still warm and humid as summer plays out its last gasps. Cooler weather and falling leaves will be here before you know it.
(And so will the Christmas Blossoms 2019 thread!!)
We are at 72 degrees here right now headed up to 88, but by Wednesday our highs will only be in the 70's.

Have a Marvelous Milestone Monday, Folks.
And a Wondrous Week ahead!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

A Magnificent Milestone Morning, My Many Merry Mates!
Oh yes, indeedy! Another marker has been reached.

Days to the Season: 58
Days to Christmas Day: 100

And you read that second number correctly. We have in fact reached the One-Hundred Day Christmas Day Window and tomorrow, BOTH of our counts will consist of two digits.
(Fast times, they are a startin'!)

Still warm and humid as summer plays out its last gasps. Cooler weather and falling leaves will be here before you know it.
(And so will the Christmas Blossoms 2019 thread!!)
We are at 72 degrees here right now headed up to 88, but by Wednesday our highs will only be in the 70's.

Have a Marvelous Milestone Monday, Folks.
And a Wondrous Week ahead!
Thanks Crown! Happy 2nd Half of September!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

Like Made said, we might be sneaking up on Christmas, but it's supposed to be 98° tomorrow. I'm staying indoors and thinking merry thoughts!

MY BROTHER FIXED MY MOWER!! We finally put it together Saturday morning, and I mowed the lawn that afternoon. That boy is GOOD!

Bernie and I had another successful hunting trip later Saturday afternoon, too, so it was a great day!

Today is the end of Nancy's September 15th tax deadline, and we're celebrating with steaks tonight. Jacob and Elizabeth are both coming home for that. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday midday! I can't believe we are now 100 days to Christmas! You wouldn't know it from the weather outside though, Summer is making a comeback this week. I'm working the afternoon/evening shift and am currently looking online for a nice scrapbook album to put together a souvenir book for an employee who, after 4 years living in Canada with her two children, has learned that her refugee status was revoked and has to leave the country by late October. I am always in awe of people who show so much courage in leaving everything behind in trying to find a safer place to live. And then to find out 4 years later that you must go back must be heartbreaking. So I'd like her to have something to remember our team and our country. Time to get ready for work, have a great day everyone!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Woohoo!!! Happy Milestone Day, MMC!!!

I think I’ll go to Hobby Lobby and then come home and listen to some Christmas music. Maybe that’ll make it feel cooler than 90.

Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

Like Made said, we might be sneaking up on Christmas, but it's supposed to be 98° tomorrow. I'm staying indoors and thinking merry thoughts!

MY BROTHER FIXED MY MOWER!! We finally put it together Saturday morning, and I mowed the lawn that afternoon. That boy is GOOD!

Bernie and I had another successful hunting trip later Saturday afternoon, too, so it was a great day!

Today is the end of Nancy's September 15th tax deadline, and we're celebrating with steaks tonight. Jacob and Elizabeth are both coming home for that. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Someone needs to tell Mother Nature to check her calendar. :rolleyes:
95 here today.:eek:

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Hello and happy Saturday!

Wow the heat has come back. Summer is holding on longer than I would like.

We put our inside Halloween decorations up, and I keep it cool enough in the house that is feels like fall inside.
Not too much extra going on right. Just busy with school and lots of football. I will try to catch some college football today, and then my Browns play Monday night.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!
It got down to 64 degrees in the house Saturday night, but we bumped up the electric blanket instead of kicking on the furnace. We usually have to give in some morning around September 29th. With lows around 70, this week, the AC will be doing the overnight work.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Hey family! Now that we’re at the 100 day milestone I’m back. The pool is closed, its getting darker earlier, and while its been a very warm September, I still feel autumn in the air. Christmas is coming!
-santa dance--reindeer--santa dance-

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy End of 1st Half of September MMC! Looks to be a beautiful late summer day here with highs in the upper 70s with sunshine. We're having a little get together here at my place later with my uncle, a friend etc. Should be fun. Have a great End of 1st Half of September!

That does sound fun. Enjoy!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Merry Morning +d

Visit with my co-worker and her boys was fun and her husband and their two dogs came home half-way through my visit.

Her almost 4 year old son gave me a hug before he even opened his surprises because he was so happy and then offered the card to his mom to read for him before he dove into the gift bag.

He also helped his wee brother (all 6.5 lbs of him) with his baby gifts and when his dad came home, he was quick to show him the teething banana and his play dough set with cutters, rollers and molds that were obviously his favourites.

I stayed up pretty late last night, had an odd feeling about O'Malley. I was happy to hear his morning wake up call at 4:00 a.m. He's been sleeping and/or resting so much these days. He has arthritis so not getting around as much. I can't give him medication and the VET can't examine him without giving him a mild tranquilizer; I can't even brush him - he goes to a groomer for that. He has trouble breathing at times, but then I notice he hardly seems to be having any trouble at all. He woke up several times checking to see if I was still there and simply re-positioned himself and went back to dozing.

He's letting me rub him far more than he ever used to and is resting at my side now, purring away and trying to change the height position of my comfy office chair. Still has that pesky-joker side to him.

I fear I'm going to have to make the hardest decision ever in the near future. If he is suffering, I'm not going to be selfish and keep him alive for my gain. That is not how we treat our loved ones. I don't think O'Malley is in too much pain, or he wouldn't let me rub him the way I do; he'd hiss and try to box with me instead. The excessive purring could be his way of trying to heal sore body parts - not just for contentment. I just had a bad feeling last night.

Thankfully, I ran enough errands yesterday so I don't have to leave home today. He's already back on his bed and I haven't quite finished this post yet.

Might have to get the music box going to give him some pleasure.

Housework, cooking and cat watching - those are my plans today.

I'll still manage to stay jolly +hfor now.

Saying a prayer for O'Malley!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Auntie,

Bless O'Malley and you. Two weeks ago, I had to put down my house dog that I had for 17 years. It was tough...I'll admit....but I so knew it was the right thing to do.

I'm saying a little prayer for your friend....and you.

I've been thinking about you, Coach and keeping you in my prayer. I know how hard a loss of a pet is. God Bless you, Doc, and the girls. (((hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image