Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
While driving to the doctor this morning I had one of those realizations that fall is indeed on its way as I noticed many trees lining the freeway are just starting to turn a few leaves. This happens to me every September when I finally take a moment to notice my surroundings and realize the awesome autumn colors are starting to creep in! Made me so happy!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

Like Made said, we might be sneaking up on Christmas, but it's supposed to be 98° tomorrow. I'm staying indoors and thinking merry thoughts!

MY BROTHER FIXED MY MOWER!! We finally put it together Saturday morning, and I mowed the lawn that afternoon. That boy is GOOD!

Bernie and I had another successful hunting trip later Saturday afternoon, too, so it was a great day!

Today is the end of Nancy's September 15th tax deadline, and we're celebrating with steaks tonight. Jacob and Elizabeth are both coming home for that. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
The long side lined mower is in full vigor and their was much rejoicing throughout the land!...The skeeters, locusts, etc. are not in agreement, but you can't please everyone. :rolleyes:

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Thank you; O'Malley seemed a little better last night; he will make it to the Pines tomorrow.

His groomer suggested I try a liquid arthritic medicine mixed in with his food; perhaps there's a chance it could help him.

As long as I don't have to do pills or shots, he might go for it.

Don't know how O'mal Kitty will respond to the med. Roscoe didn't take to hip and joint prescription. He experienced some tough side effects, so we had to discontinue it.

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
I watched Christmas commercials from the '70's & '80's yesterday. That brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart! I should have DD start a Christmas list. She has found some things at Hobby Lobby already. I probably need to get started on Christmas cards for our church family. Those take the longest to do & I usually do those while watching television, so I can take my time with them.

I still don't have my fall decor out. Too tired during the week after work & too busy on the weekends! We make time for the things we want to make time for...

I hope everyone has a good day & a restful night.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
The long side lined mower is in full vigor and their was much rejoicing throughout the land!...The skeeters, locusts, etc. are not in agreement, but you can't please everyone. :rolleyes:
Verily!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
@AuntieMistletoeDear, I bought Mouse, who had arthritis, a pad to sleep on that reflected her heat back at her. She loved it even though it made a crackly noise when she moved around. I found it on Amazon but I don't remember what it was called. I hope the liquid for O'Malley works wonders. xx

@Bradmac, I hope you get a good night's sleep and don't have any more nightmares! I'm glad the dinner was fun. :)

@HomemakinGirl, I hope the chiropractor helps ease your headaches! xx

@SnowflakeMom, how scary ~ I hope all are safe!

@Cassie, welcome back!

@sugar142286, have a most merry and safe time!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Ohhhh 99

Yabba!

There is a commercial I hear several times a day that is advertising Toto at Soaring Eagle. As a result, a medley of Toto's songs have been going through my head all day, especially 99 and Africa.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Hump / Pines Day; halfway through the week! -reindeer-

For the return of the newbies, there is a post about on the front page of the countdown section that shares the history of Carl the three-humped camel and why we gather at the merry mystical Shispering Pines for fired twinkies and festive fun.

See y'all later tonight and we can watch Brad run is lawn mower around while we sample Carl's latest blend stored in his third hump and perhaps be amused by Carl and O'Malley the cat's antics.

I had a rough night, woke up after midnight to the blasting going on at the HWY; the noise carried along the HWY through the park, through my window and into my ears. I was awake for over two hours. It could have been worse, I could live even closer than I do. I managed to get about another of sleep when the O'Malley alarm went off.

I'm a silver lining kind of gal. :bundleup

It's good to be "a silver lining kind of gal". I hope you get better sleep tonight! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

I jumped in the pool after work, just because it's September, and I don't know how many more opportunities I'll get this year. It was still in the upper 90's, so it was nice.

Now we're planning a second birthday dinner for Jacob, since my side of the family was out with Mama's hospitalization last week. I'm glad she's doing so much better!

Praying your Mama keeps doing better!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning MMC!
It’s going to be sunny today with a high of 68 degrees. Warmer temperatures will be back towards the end of the week. I’m having blood drawn this morning, I’m waiting to be called in. I had to fast so I’m heading straight home afterward to eat lol. It will be a typical day of errands and chores. I’m going to visit my parents as well. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day. See you tonight!
xx

Praying your lab results are good! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
While driving to the doctor this morning I had one of those realizations that fall is indeed on its way as I noticed many trees lining the freeway are just starting to turn a few leaves. This happens to me every September when I finally take a moment to notice my surroundings and realize the awesome autumn colors are starting to creep in! Made me so happy!

Praying everything is alright with you!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

I jumped in the pool after work, just because it's September, and I don't know how many more opportunities I'll get this year. It was still in the upper 90's, so it was nice.

Now we're planning a second birthday dinner for Jacob, since my side of the family was out with Mama's hospitalization last week. I'm glad she's doing so much better!

Glad your mama is doing better and Jacob gets two special dinners out of it.

One year, I had three birthdays, one at home, one in Disneyland and one at my cousins. And my brothers always said I was spoiled. HaHa

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning MMC!
It’s going to be sunny today with a high of 68 degrees. Warmer temperatures will be back towards the end of the week. I’m having blood drawn this morning, I’m waiting to be called in. I had to fast so I’m heading straight home afterward to eat lol. It will be a typical day of errands and chores. I’m going to visit my parents as well. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day. See you tonight!
xx

68-72 is our typical summer weather and we're seeing a repeat of it this week in my merry neck of the woods.

Hope your blood work gives you some answers of a positive nature.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Don't know how O'mal Kitty will respond to the med. Roscoe didn't take to hip and joint prescription. He experienced some tough side effects, so we had to discontinue it.

I will make sure that I try them out when I'm at home not at work to be safe. I have doubts that he'll even consume it if it doesn't taste at all appetizing. I've been lucky medically with him, he hasn't had to endure VET care since he was neutered as a youngster. We'll see how it goes.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I watched Christmas commercials from the '70's & '80's yesterday. That brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart! I should have DD start a Christmas list. She has found some things at Hobby Lobby already. I probably need to get started on Christmas cards for our church family. Those take the longest to do & I usually do those while watching television, so I can take my time with them.

I still don't have my fall decor out. Too tired during the week after work & too busy on the weekends! We make time for the things we want to make time for...

I hope everyone has a good day & a restful night.

I love watching old Christmas Commercials!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I love watching old Christmas Commercials!

Youtube can really be your friend on this one. They have lots of good classic commercials. Also, if you like old Vintage Christmas Music, check out archive.org. One of my favorite sets from there is the K-Mart holiday music tapes, that played over the stores during Christmas season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image