MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Youtube can really be your friend on this one. They have lots of good classic commercials. Also, if you like old Vintage Christmas Music, check out archive.org. One of my favorite sets from there is the K-Mart holiday music tapes, that played over the stores during Christmas season!
Yes, I stumbled across that last season! They are also on Archive.org. So nostalgic!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Another sneak peak around the corner of the barrier at "A Christmas To Remember". From what I can see, things look like they are moving along toward completion.
(Almost as if they know they have a deadline to meet to make it to the opening of our Christmas Blossoms thread!)

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Ok. That’s a wrap on summer 19 at the Pines. Back lot is closed. Pool is closed. Snack bar/ sushi bar open. Jacuzzi open. Dance floor open till November. Yabba!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Youtube can really be your friend on this one. They have lots of good classic commercials. Also, if you like old Vintage Christmas Music, check out archive.org. One of my favorite sets from there is the K-Mart holiday music tapes, that played over the stores during Christmas season!

+e Welcome aboard the festive fun train! ::welcome

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
-mistletoe-Merry Morning; post-Pines chums! -reindeer-

Thankfully, Bradmac managed to get the entire grounds mowed in time for Carl to set things up.

There we were seated at rows upon rows of comfy theater chairs with left and right-handed side tables to enjoy the smorgasbord of everything Italian and Irish to celebrate the last summer event at the Shispering Pines. The food based on O'Malley's Irish name and green eyes and of course his green olive fetish with some Sushi on the side was rather tasty. Carl did a wonderful job with the food and O'Malley cat received a fancy dish of turkey and oatmeal (not very Italian or Irish) with sliced olives and a touch of gravy and some Sushi on the side.

The ground began to shake and we all gasped and looked under our seats wondering if it was an earthquake, when all of a sudden we could hear and smell the source of the rocking vibration.

We held onto our food trays and special blend cocktails and mocktails as Carl's camel kin from his Homeland came parading all around us and put on a great dance to be likened only to the dazzling display of the famous Lippizan horses; the Pegasus of the horse breeds.

Carl must have been busy for days adding a third hump to those two-humped camels to have them resemble him.

What a surprise when at the end of the performance! The camels removed their third humps and we all went home with different sized and colours of pumpkins and gourds to decorate for Autumn.

Carl's roast to O'Malley cat was humorous with a touch of sentimentalism. O'Malley emitted a great roar and paw pounded Carl's hoof and then burst out in song "If I was king of the forest..." Bert Lahr must have been applauding from the sky because Carl accidently called O'Malley, Zeke the Lion when he asked us to raise our glasses for a toast.

At the end, Bradmac rode his golf cart (decorated in fall flair) around ushering people out to their vehicles like he was herding poultry to a coop for the night.

The next trip to the Pines will likely include some jacuzzi time and a Fall Fling; hopefully we'll be treated to an OPERA by our very own Binger.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Strolling Down September MMC! I decided that we should never leave this month. It's like the best month. I know that I'll change my tune when we go through the next 3 months but I just really feel content being in September more than any month this year. The first real chill out there this morning with temps in the 40s but should be in the low 80s and sunny by the weekend. Have a great Strolling Down September Friday Eve!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Ugh I had a rough night, one of the cats woke me up and I was unable to fall back to sleep. I don’t know what I’m going to do with her, I’m getting too old for that lol. I need my sleep. Maybe I could squeeze a nap in today. First I have to walk Rocky, straighten up the house, start laundry and make a Target run. I’m cooking spaghetti and chicken parmesan for dinner later tonight. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good Morning...we have a chilly start but should warm up. Tonight I have open house at my youngest daughter's school. Otherwise a typical day....hope you all have a great Friday Eve!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, my Friends!

Under a week now until we pass the seventy-five percent mark to Christmas Day.
Times, they are a slippin' away!

Days to the Season: 55
Days to Christmas Day: 97

And as alluded to above, we are now only SIX days off from the 3/4 point to Christmas Day.
After that, all that's left are the Home Stretch Milestones!
(Wowzerinos!!)

Noticeably cooler yesterday with lower humidity. Really a nice day indeed for mid September. Almost felt fall-like.
Today and tomorrow should be near repeats before the heat begins to make a comeback for the weekend.
We begin this day-after-'Pines Day at a crisp 59 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, my Friends!

Under a week now until we pass the seventy-five percent mark to Christmas Day.
Times, they are a slippin' away!

Days to the Season: 55
Days to Christmas Day: 97

And as alluded to above, we are now only SIX days off from the 3/4 point to Christmas Day.
After that, all that's left are the Home Stretch Milestones!
(Wowzerinos!!)

Noticeably cooler yesterday with lower humidity. Really a nice day indeed for mid September. Almost felt fall-like.
Today and tomorrow should be near repeats before the heat begins to make a comeback for the weekend.
We begin this day-after-'Pines Day at a crisp 59 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Happy Strolling Down September!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
-mistletoe-Merry Morning; post-Pines chums! -reindeer-

Thankfully, Bradmac managed to get the entire grounds mowed in time for Carl to set things up.

There we were seated at rows upon rows of comfy theater chairs with left and right-handed side tables to enjoy the smorgasbord of everything Italian and Irish to celebrate the last summer event at the Shispering Pines. The food based on O'Malley's Irish name and green eyes and of course his green olive fetish with some Sushi on the side was rather tasty. Carl did a wonderful job with the food and O'Malley cat received a fancy dish of turkey and oatmeal (not very Italian or Irish) with sliced olives and a touch of gravy and some Sushi on the side.

The ground began to shake and we all gasped and looked under our seats wondering if it was an earthquake, when all of a sudden we could hear and smell the source of the rocking vibration.

We held onto our food trays and special blend cocktails and mocktails as Carl's camel kin from his Homeland came parading all around us and put on a great dance to be likened only to the dazzling display of the famous Lippizan horses; the Pegasus of the horse breeds.

Carl must have been busy for days adding a third hump to those two-humped camels to have them resemble him.

What a surprise when at the end of the performance! The camels removed their third humps and we all went home with different sized and colours of pumpkins and gourds to decorate for Autumn.

Carl's roast to O'Malley cat was humorous with a touch of sentimentalism. O'Malley emitted a great roar and paw pounded Carl's hoof and then burst out in song "If I was king of the forest..." Bert Lahr must have been applauding from the sky because Carl accidently called O'Malley, Zeke the Lion when he asked us to raise our glasses for a toast.

At the end, Bradmac rode his golf cart (decorated in fall flair) around ushering people out to their vehicles like he was herding poultry to a coop for the night.

The next trip to the Pines will likely include some jacuzzi time and a Fall Fling; hopefully we'll be treated to an OPERA by our very own Binger.
It was my honor to transport all of you coffee-saturated revelers safely to your vehicles last night. It was difficult to abstain from imbibing myself, but someone had to remain (at least somewhat) caffeine-free while driving.
GolfCart.JPG

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good, COOL Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

As Rich said, it's a BEAUTIFUL morning in south Georgia today! It's going to warm back up next week, but that's to be expected.

We are planning to take Jacob out for his birthday tonight, but he said that he wasn't feeling good yesterday. I hope he's better this morning.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Forgot to mention another YouTube perk ... TONS of Christmas records, including the old Goodyear and Firestone albums from the 1960s and 1970s.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I watched Christmas commercials from the '70's & '80's yesterday. That brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart! I should have DD start a Christmas list. She has found some things at Hobby Lobby already. I probably need to get started on Christmas cards for our church family. Those take the longest to do & I usually do those while watching television, so I can take my time with them.

I still don't have my fall decor out. Too tired during the week after work & too busy on the weekends! We make time for the things we want to make time for...

I hope everyone has a good day & a restful night.

I'm in the same boat as you as far as putting up fall décor... I'm so ready to get it up, but no time to do it!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I Love youtube, I watch all kinds of stuff on there .. old Christmas TV specials, various sitcom Christmas episodes and of course the commercials :)

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Another sneak peak around the corner of the barrier at "A Christmas To Remember". From what I can see, things look like they are moving along toward completion.
(Almost as if they know they have a deadline to meet to make it to the opening of our Christmas Blossoms thread!)

LOVE this!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image