Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Bless your heart. Sending a prayer for you and your family.

Thinking of you, Holiday.

All of you will be in my prayers today.

Thinking of you

Aw, sharing "Mom pics" is a lovely thing to do! {{{HUGS}}}

I'm delayed in my response, but thanks to all of you for your thoughts & prayers! It really was a fun day, considering! I loved seeing all the pics of her - especially her healthier years, laughing it up! I have one of her in front of the Christmas tree just a giggling! She was so happy! Love that pic! ♥

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I was sharing with a friend of mine who lost a few family members lately and a former work chum who lost his wife last Spring, that I find it better to continue to say their names the same way we always did. If we treat them like the ghost in the room, the relationship seems odd and the memories might be held in secret. Say here name out loud and continue to share pics and memories; that's how our loved ones remain with us after they're gone.

Thinking of you.

Thank you! Great advice!! ♥

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Friends!
Closing in on Thanksgiving, now. Just one week to go.
Gobble!

Today's count data:
Days to Thanksgiving: 7 (ONE WEEK, indeed!)
Days to Christmas Day: 34 (UNDER 5 weeks remain, now!)

Cool but reasonably comfortable, with a light to medium jacket.
A repeat today, then about 5-10 degrees warmer for tomorrow.
We begin this fourth day of the week at a rather coolish but sunny and calm 44 degrees, here.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning gang!!! I am having a really hard time focusing on working today! I want to be at home finishing up decorating my tree!!! The good news is I am working on putting up the tree at work - it's almost done but I still have a little bit to do today - love it!! At home, I have the sunroom tree done, I'm in the process of the main/tv room tree! I have it up & the lights that I put on the "inside" - row by row, but it needs more lights wrapped around it & of course garland & decorations!!!! I'm so loving it!!!

Saturday we are going on our annual shopping trip to a holiday open house in a town about an hour from here. Always one of my faves! Then we are going to the local sports bar for lunch & to watch the Buckeyes!

We have been listening to Christmas music at work since the local channel switched on Nov. 1st. We are trying to turn our young co-worker into a Christmas nut! She's a bit of a bah humbug (she said) until after Thanksgiving! Boooooo! T-day is too late this year! Millennials! HA!!! ;) I think we are starting to get her turned around into thinking right!! :)

Hope all is well with all of you & you are having a good week!!!!

-santa-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday morning! After this work day I get to enjoy another 9 days of vacation, during which we will put up our Christmas tree!

Have a great day everyone!
I hope you are enjoying a nice vacation!!!
:tree:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning MMC !

had a friend look at this computer, his first words were "ya, this is really old, you should get a new one" but he did some tweaking and it seems to be a bit better now, at least it is staying on!

Cold here and lots of snow, was hoping for it to warm a tad more so we could get the outdoor stuff up. It is a bit warmer at only -3c (27f) this morning. going up to 0c (32f) today. I have everything ready to put out.

Gingerbread house baking and decorating is in full swing here. The theme for this year is Movies, so I am doing a house based on Christmas with the Cranks.

I have to go to work, but not till 11:30 today. I am only able to do 4-hour shifts which I discovered I really like! I picked up another job driving Miss Daisy to another community once a week to visit her mom in a nursing home. Busy filling Christmas baking orders for a few people who order from me every year. Also, have a baby shower cake to do for next Saturday.

Gotta run discovered I forgot to throw my uniform in the wash yesterday so it is laundry time nice and early today.

Have a great day everyone !!!
Can't wait to see pics of the gingerbread houses!!!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's been a busy day, and I've just now found a chance to post.

We took Elizabeth out to dinner last night, and mom paid for all of us for our anniversary, too. After that, we went to Hobby Lobby to find some clearance Fall decorations for our Thanksgiving dinner at our house.

And, of course, no shopping trip would be complete without the dreaded stop at Walmart.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
4 apartments in my complex have their outside lights up and one had a tree in their window tonight when I came home from the store.

I feel so far behind.

The good news is, I don’t think I have to worry about any of them in the decorating contest.
I have been seeing quite a few trees through the windows at night...since it's dark so early!!! Love it!!! ♥

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra last night it was amazing ..as a bonus my wife bought me tickets to go see Pentatonix in a couple weeks for my birthday getting spoiled this year .
Awesome, Awesome! I've never seen Pentatonix, but TSO is so amazing!! I'm sure Pentatonix will be too!!!! Enjoy!!!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
I have been seeing quite a few trees through the windows at night...since it's dark so early!!! Love it!!! ♥
No indoor trees, as yet, but our neighbor, on the next street over, strung his multi color string around the rail of his deck. They'll be up and lit into March!-lights-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image