Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Happy Friday. Took the day off making a 3 day weekend. Running around today picking the odd necessities. This weekend I'll get the lights up on the house. Inside we'll put out the here-and-there knick knacks and then put the rest away until the day after Thanksgiving.

Was at the market this morning at 6:30a and am now finished with the week and Thanksgiving food shopping with the exception of picking up the prime rib Tuesday evening.

Enjoy!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, Folks.

Hey, look. Weekend Eve is back! So punctual and dependable.

Our count is dependable, too.
We know for a fact each day, the numbers decline by one.
(And you can count on that!)

Days to Thanksgiving: 6 (UNDER ONE WEEK, now!)
Days to Christmas Day: 33 (Less than half a week to the one month mark!)
(Slowly dwindling down to a bedpost, Guys.)

Can't quite shake this jacket-requiring coolness. But today, if predictions hold, should see us finally up into the mid-60's, with plenty of sun and very little chance of precipitation.
Looking at our back yard thermometer, we perceive an opening reading of 54 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
Enjoy your Weekend Eve.
Thanks Crown! Hard to believe Thanksgiving is just a handfull of days away and Christmas is slipping towards us fast.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Happy Friday. Took the day off making a 3 day weekend. Running around today picking the odd necessities. This weekend I'll get the lights up on the house. Inside we'll put out the here-and-there knick knacks and then put the rest away until the day after Thanksgiving.

Was at the market this morning at 6:30a and am now finished with the week and Thanksgiving food shopping with the exception of picking up the prime rib Tuesday evening.

Enjoy!
Did ya remember the Brown n Burns?

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
I love my Hoosiers!
Merrily diving into the season.

I decided not to go to Ottawa for #2 grandson's birthday so I can focus on my gift wrapping and cards instead.

On Monday, I'm taking a collection of gently used toys, books and warm clothes to a community an hour away. On the way back I'll stop at Kate's Country Kitchen and grab myself a wholesome turkey sandwich on fresh baked bread and bring it home for supper as an early American Thanksgiving treat.

One of the main lunch choices, at the first floor deli, yesterday, was Turk 'N" Stuff. A Thanksgiving lunch, by any name, still hits the spot.:)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.

Hey, look. Weekend Eve is back! So punctual and dependable.

Our count is dependable, too.
We know for a fact each day, the numbers decline by one.
(And you can count on that!)

Days to Thanksgiving: 6 (UNDER ONE WEEK, now!)
Days to Christmas Day: 33 (Less than half a week to the one month mark!)
(Slowly dwindling down to a bedpost, Guys.)

Can't quite shake this jacket-requiring coolness. But today, if predictions hold, should see us finally up into the mid-60's, with plenty of sun and very little chance of precipitation.
Looking at our back yard thermometer, we perceive an opening reading of 54 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
Enjoy your Weekend Eve.
Thanks Crown! Happy Thanksgiving TGIF!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Enjoy!

Hope you're enjoying the day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I had another fun-filled evening of cleaning, rearranging, and hanging pictures, as Nancy continues her trailblazing efforts to make our home presentable at Thanksgiving. It's really looking good...a little TOO good, though. I was hesitant (and, ultimately, too afraid) to make my morning bowl of Cream of Wheat, for fear of leaving a smudge on the stovetop and incurring the wrath of She-Who-Runs-The-Show.

So, I went to the local breakfast place for a bowl of grits & eggs. Not bad!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

You should consider stand up comedy. You don't have to stand. You could perform from the seat of your lawn tractor or golf cart.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning all! Day off today, then I'll go back to work tomorrow for 3 days of 12 hour shifts. DH is at the kids school sorting a fundraiser, then when he gets back, we have to deliver everything, so that's what we'll be busy doing this afternoon. This evening, we plan on having a date night, since his parents have to take the kids for us early in the am anyway, they offered to just take them tonight, to make it easier on themselves. It will be nice - I can't remember when we had our last one - probably our anniversary in July! I think we plan on going for dinner and maybe going to see the new Mister Rodgers movie or depending on how tired we are, maybe we'll just stay in. I think It's a Wonderful Life is on tonight, which is one of my favorites! We both work in the morning, so I don't want to be up very late. Hope you'e all having a great day!

Sounds great - enjoy your date night.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
One of the main lunch choices, at the first floor deli, yesterday, was Turk 'N" Stuff. A Thanksgiving lunch, by any name, still hits the spot.:)

My friend that owns Between the Bun, let me in on the secret Sub of the Month that they don't release until Dec. 1st; it's Christmas Between the Bun - turkey, stuffing, cranberry salsa - Mmmm.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Friday - I accomplished a few things on my to do list today.
O'Malley and I have a visitor taking up residence inside a little dip of the window ledge under the over hang of the kitchen window.
I think it was a tie as to which one of us spotted the brown bat first. He was crawling along the screen and outside frame scratching and maybe gnawing at the brittle metal to squeeze into a safe spot; the rattling sound and a flap of one wing is what drew my attention. Not sure what made O'Malley look up - boy, oh boy did he ever go back to kitten mode. His jaw was chattering and he approached from the bottom of the window and looked up. I remember he used to float up on the window ledge from the kitchen floor. He can't make it onto the sofa anymore.
I'm letting him stay where he is, but don't know how he'll stay warm there all winter. I'm hoping he will head back to the pine tree across the creek (where I guess he came from). I am calling him Noir Noel. All I can see now is a wee bit of the tips of his ears.
Just relaxing this evening. Tomorrow will be laundry, wrapping and cards day.
I should be finished shopping now, but there are two bazaars tomorrow that I'll likely pop into.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
The weekend before our last rudolph day, or "mini Christmas"! Life and work has gotten me busy and i didn't realize i haven't posted here in almost two weeks!

At my job, many people will be off next week, so on Friday we had an impromptu little "pot luck" in one of the unusued office cubicles. And while I generally stay festive all year, it was nice to see everyone else get in the holiday spirit. It really "felt" like it could have been the day before or after Thanksgiving!

November has went by too fast unfortunately, but i believe that is the price that we pay for the 'ber months being the best time of the year. I do truly hope that December moves by fairly slow so that i can enjoy the final and best month of the year.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Weekend Before Thanksgiving MMC! This is always a special weekend. And it is the last semi "normal" one of the year. You can feel everything brewing right now. It's a great feeling. I have a lot of errands to do today to prepare for the big day Thursday. Have a great Weekend Before Thanksgiving!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Saturday MMC!
Not too much going on here this morning, I’m just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. I will be heading out soon to do some food shopping. Today is my oldest daughter’s birthday, we are all getting together later tonight to celebrate. Should be fun! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning all! Day off today, then I'll go back to work tomorrow for 3 days of 12 hour shifts. DH is at the kids school sorting a fundraiser, then when he gets back, we have to deliver everything, so that's what we'll be busy doing this afternoon. This evening, we plan on having a date night, since his parents have to take the kids for us early in the am anyway, they offered to just take them tonight, to make it easier on themselves. It will be nice - I can't remember when we had our last one - probably our anniversary in July! I think we plan on going for dinner and maybe going to see the new Mister Rodgers movie or depending on how tired we are, maybe we'll just stay in. I think It's a Wonderful Life is on tonight, which is one of my favorites! We both work in the morning, so I don't want to be up very late. Hope you'e all having a great day!
Hope you had a nice night!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Saturday!! I am enjoying some coffee and relaxing a bit. We don't have any real plans. I am going to run to the grocery store later to get my Thanksgiving items. Hope you all have a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Saturday MMC!
Not too much going on here this morning, I’m just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. I will be heading out soon to do some food shopping. Today is my oldest daughter’s birthday, we are all getting together later tonight to celebrate. Should be fun! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Happy birthday to your daughter - enjoy the celebration.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Saturday MMC!
xx

Happy Birthday to her!

Reactions: HomemakinGirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player