Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 10 DAYS

Happy Week Before Thanksgiving! 10 days remain until Thanksgiving. The FINAL countdown is here. It's just wonderful isn't it? How does it feel to you? I am craving it so badly yet I'm glad we have another full week to have to wait this year. My mom actually mentioned this weekend that she couldn't believe Thanksgiving was this coming week. I said "Mom it's not this week!" It does feel like a little longer of a wait this year and it will make it only better though. I ordered my 25+ lb turkey ahead of time this year. Didn't realize I could just do that. I always go through them trying to find it. I'm so happy it's the week before the best week of the year which I wait all year for. Only 1 week to go. Let's take it one step at a time this week everyone. Have a great Week Before Thanksgiving!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 9 DAYS

Happy Trudging Towards Turkey Tuesday! Single Digits! 9 days remain until Thanksgiving 2019. I know. How? I don't know. But I've stopped trying to figure it out. I'm just so happy every step of the way and I even wanted Monday to go slow yesterday (which it didn't). But that's ok now we have Tuesday. And I'm so happy where we are. It's the best. We are all lucky to be here where we are in late November. Today is my brother's birthday also which is a sign Thanksgiving is getting very close. Remember last year it was November 22nd. Technically we're waiting an extra 6 days than normal. And yet it's still come fast. But it's been a fun ride. And we've got only 9 days left. 9!!!! Post some pictures of food, the Macy's parades, football, and more. I think that I will start doing that more too here as we lead into it. Have a great Trudging Towards Turkey Tuesday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 8 DAYS

Happy Mid-Week Before Thanksgiving! Oh yeah we're almost there folks. 8 days remain until Thanksgiving 2019. Just doesn't seem possible but it is. 1 week and 1 day. The excitement continues to build each and every hour of every day. I have loved being in November. Seeing all the leftover Halloween stuff, the build to Thanksgiving and now seeing all the Christmas stuff out at the same time is quite amazing. No wonder November is the best month of the year. I think many of us would agree with that. And if not you'd probably say it's right near the top of the list. Yum just thinking about picking up my turkey on Saturday sounds so exciting. And that's not even the fun part (cooking and well of course eating). But one step at a time. Let's just enjoy today. But we'll all smile thinking about next week at this time too. Have a great Mid-Week Before Thanksgiving!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 7 DAYS

Happy Traveling Towards Thanksgiving! 1 week remains until Thanksgiving which is 7 days. We started this thread at 53 weeks on Thanksgiving Evening 2018 and here we are down to 1 from 53. Geez. I know. And know what's amazing? Today normally would be THANKSGIVING. Why? Because normally it's a 52 week count. That's even scarier. With the extra week this year right now I'm glad we have it. Next year we won't. The count will be over today and we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving after 52 weeks are done. That just makes next year's count a little shorter. But today it's 1 week away. There are no other Thursdays other than today that stand in the way of us and the most glorious day of the year Thanksgiving Day. That's it. We're here. 1 week to go. 1 weekend ahead of us left to get ready for it. November has been amazing. Have a great Traveling Towards Thanksgiving Thursday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 6 DAYS

Happy Thanksgiving TGIF! Oh this is it. The LAST Friday before Thanksgiving 2019. Think about it. NEXT Friday we'll have the 2020 Thanksgiving Countdown already. We'll still be having some leftover turkey of course. But it's amazing now that this is the last weekend of the Pre-Thanksgiving year approaching. That's just incredible and exciting. I can't wait to pick up my turkey on Saturday morning and also get the last minute items we need for the big day Thursday. November 28th seemed so long last year when we started this countdown and now it's almost here. I can't believe it but I also can because time hardly ever seems to go slow anymore. We better enjoy this weekend ahead and get that special feeling that only the weekend before Thanksgiving (and maybe before Christmas) can give us. Have a great Thanksgiving TGIF!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 5 DAYS

Happy Weekend Before Thanksgiving! This is it. This is the LAST weekend before the day we've counted down for the last 365 days for. Only 5 days remain now until Thanksgiving 2019. The parade I hope will be ok as the prediction right now is for a chilly (but sunny) Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the issue may be the wind. They are expecting some windy conditions down in NYC for the parade. Let's hope not or that the wind isn't as bad as expected. We'll see as it gets closer. Football? Yeah we have some this weekend but all of us fans are eyeing the BIG day of football on Thanksgiving of course. And food? I think we all are doing our final errands and preparations this weekend for it. I'm going to pick up my turkey this morning and some other stuff today for the big day. It's coming. This is the last one. The last weekend. Have a great Weekend Before Thanksgiving!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Hit the grocery store very early this morning to buy as much as we could ahead of time . Beating the crowds priceless!!
I got stuck a couple of years ago needing a extra turkey, I hit the store and they had a sale going. I swear it was a mob at the turkey cooler, saw a guy drop a frozen turkey dead on the top of his foot. He was wheeled out in a chair for a trip to the hospital. People lose their minds.

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
I got stuck a couple of years ago needing a extra turkey, I hit the store and they had a sale going. I swear it was a mob at the turkey cooler, saw a guy drop a frozen turkey dead on the top of his foot. He was wheeled out in a chair for a trip to the hospital. People lose their minds.
Some the lines have stretched way back into the aisles and I swore I would never do that again so now for Thanksgiving and Christmas I’m at the store at 6 AM and it’s surprising how many others do the same but the lines are still non existent....

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 4 DAYS

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving Week! This is it. The best week of the year begins tomorrow. The 52 week wait for us here for the best 1 week of the year ends today. This is the end. 4 days remain until Thanksgiving. Is that close enough for you or do you think we're actually too close now? I might go with the latter but I'm really excited. I got my 24LB turkey picked up Saturday morning per tradition. I always get it the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I also got all of the rest of the sides and shopping done. Everything is ready now. Now it's just about enjoying the exciting hours and few days we have left leading up to it. Everyone in the spirit? I sure hope so. It's been a long (but fast) journey to this point from Thanksgiving 2018. Let's not let this one get past us without making memories and moments to last a lifetime. Have a great Pre-Thanksgiving Week!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image