Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Some the lines have stretched way back into the aisles and I swore I would never do that again so now for Thanksgiving and Christmas I’m at the store at 6 AM and it’s surprising how many others do the same but the lines are still non existent....
I love the local store they are so consistent. Holiday or not, Social Security day or a regular Friday or summer weekend...they operate with a skeleton crew. They have registers I have never seen opened. 4 small self checkouts that barely work and 1 real person for a register.

Reactions: Edge612 and RachRon

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 3 DAYS

Happy Thanksgiving Week! The best week of the year is here folks. This is the week we wait for all year long in this thread. Yes, we love November as a whole of course. But being on Thanksgiving Week? Nothing beats it. And I hope it proves that to you starting today on this Monday. There are 3 days left until Thanksgiving. That pretty much shows you we're in Thanksgiving Week. This has always been the most unique Monday of the year going to work. The last several years I noticed the difference in people's attitudes. It's a great thing. They all seem excited. I know that I'm excited already. And I haven't even had breakfast yet. Ha. But it's going to be fun even at work. And I want to post several times a day here in this thread this week to let you know what I'm observing. Please let us know how your day(s) this week are going as well. Have a great Thanksgiving Week!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Monday had that special feel...but Tuesday will only be better. I told some people at work today "This is the best week of the year." I didn't get one person to disagree with me.

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 2 DAYS

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve! We are down to two eves to go folks. And our Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019? It is indeed 2 days. 370 down to 2. Think we made enough progress now? I'm going to buy my favorite lunch today at work. I've done that the last few years on the Tuesday of Thanksgiving Week. It's my last lunch at work this week so that's why I do it. And I like to go out and get the feel of Thanksgiving. You can feel it in the air even more on Tuesday than Monday. That's when I've noticed it increasing a lot is on this day. I will definitely post again later and let you know how that goes. Let us know how you're feeling only 48 hours before the BIG DAY. Oh and the forecast is for some wind (but sun) on Thanksgiving. I hope it won't ruin the parade but I'm sure they will find a way around it. And it shouldn't be too bad. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve Eve!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I am getting excited...tomorrow will be an easy day and then tomm night we set up our tables, get the house all ready and I will make the stuffing. Not sure on what we will have for dinner? Maybe pizza?

Reactions: Edge612 and Dudley

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
I am getting excited...tomorrow will be an easy day and then tomm night we set up our tables, get the house all ready and I will make the stuffing. Not sure on what we will have for dinner? Maybe pizza?

Tomorrow night will most definitely be fast food. Too much baking to get done to cook a meal too.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Went out like last year on the Tuesday of Thanksgiving Week and got my favorite lunch. Said my Happy Thanksgiving to the guys who work there. Felt like we just said it yesterday. Definitely had a good feel out and about. Felt special. We'll be having buffalo chicken rolls on Wednesday evening which is tradition. I'll be bringing in donuts for breakfast to work which has become another Thanksgiving Eve tradition. What? Thanksgiving EVE is coming!??

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
I will also be bringing in a couple dozen donuts for the office and warehouse. If the forecasters are accurate it will be raining pretty hard and steady so I'm sure the donuts will go over well. Haven't figured out dinner yet. We will most certainly pick something up so I can get to baking as quickly as possible.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 1 DAY

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Umm ok look at our countdown. 1 day left lol. I even had to take the s out of "days" because it doesn't fit with 1. 370 days was the beginning of this countdown and we marched all the way down to the final 1 day. I know for some today isn't anything special. But it is to me and a lot of you I know. Everyone hypes New Years "Eve" and Christmas "Eve" but the underrated overlooked day is Thanksgiving "Eve." And it's here! Can you believe it? I'll be bringing in my donuts like I do every year. It's a tradition to do that and also I will be leaving work half day today. That's how we do Thanksgiving Eve. And then the excitement will only begin to build. It's an amazing feeling. TOMORROW is Thanksgiving. Let that sink in for a minute will you? I'll try to post a few other times today in honor of the special day. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image