Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
After the long weekend today will be a very long Monday..
Oh yeah it always is a little. But we made it...but I was thinking all day long how amazing last week was and why I love it and why I started this thread!

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 359 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 334 DAYS

Happy December Days! How was that Monday after Thanksgiving week for you? A little tough? I always say the best thing to do is stay busy and before you know it you'll be home relaxing in the evening. We have 359 days until Thanksgiving. And we have 334 days until November. Both huge numbers well up into the 300s. But we're in the Christmas Season so things aren't that bad are they? I still have leftover turkey that I may take out tonight. The rest is frozen. But I really want to make a fresh Thanksgiving Dinner again...maybe this winter one night. I know CW likes to try to do a few of those. And we appreciate pics anytime anyone wants to do one. But the memories of Thanksgiving are still fresh in my head. And the dreams of Thanksgiving 2020 are already well underway. Have a great December Days Tuesday!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Since we were traveling again this year for Thanksgiving, we didn't get to enjoy the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or the smell of turkey roasting in the oven. So... we will be having a Thanksgiving dinner on Christmas day. Complete with the Thanksgiving Day Parade which I have on the DVR. This is going to make our Christmas a little brighter now that we have an empty nest for the first time in 27 years.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 359 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 334 DAYS

Happy December Days! How was that Monday after Thanksgiving week for you? A little tough? I always say the best thing to do is stay busy and before you know it you'll be home relaxing in the evening. We have 359 days until Thanksgiving. And we have 334 days until November. Both huge numbers well up into the 300s. But we're in the Christmas Season so things aren't that bad are they? I still have leftover turkey that I may take out tonight. The rest is frozen. But I really want to make a fresh Thanksgiving Dinner again...maybe this winter one night. I know CW likes to try to do a few of those. And we appreciate pics anytime anyone wants to do one. But the memories of Thanksgiving are still fresh in my head. And the dreams of Thanksgiving 2020 are already well underway. Have a great December Days Tuesday!​
A few times I have been making turkey dinner in June/July/August I have questioned the wiseness of my decision making process.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I make prime rib for Thanksgiving dinner and I'll make it a couple times during the year to try a new recipe, rub, technique. I do NOT want to be experimenting on Thanksgiving Day.
I always do my oven turkeys in a bag to cut down on the cooking times and keep em juicy. I will deep fry them, bbq them and sometimes debone the whole turkey and stuff it and roll it up. Thanksgiving though its always in the oven.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Since we were traveling again this year for Thanksgiving, we didn't get to enjoy the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or the smell of turkey roasting in the oven. So... we will be having a Thanksgiving dinner on Christmas day. Complete with the Thanksgiving Day Parade which I have on the DVR. This is going to make our Christmas a little brighter now that we have an empty nest for the first time in 27 years.
That sounds fun and unique. Kind of a mixed Thanksgiving and Christmas in the same day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
A few times I have been making turkey dinner in June/July/August I have questioned the wiseness of my decision making process.
I'm guessing it was pretty sweaty...thankfully Thanksgiving hasn't been moved to the summer or that nice warm oven on a chilly November morning wouldn't be as pleasant as on a hot and sticky summer morning.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 358 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 333 DAYS

Happy Mid-Week December Style! We're moving along here in the 2020 Thanksgiving Countdown. 358 days remain until Thanksgiving. 333 (Triple 3s) days until November arrives again. 1 week ago I was at work feeling the best feeling day of the year at work. It was amazing. I loved it. I'm sure this Wednesday won't feel quite as amazing but we also are in the Christmas Season so people are getting excited for that too. Thanksgiving leftovers are pretty much done for the year now. Am I tired of turkey? Maybe a little bit. But I only eat it a few times a year so when November 2020 arrives I'll be craving turkey worse than a mouse craves a block of cheese. I'm glad we're enjoying the last Bers month of the year still. That's a big plus. Have a great Mid-Week December Style!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Thinking about that this morning one week ago we were putting the finishing touches on everything and now here we are counting down once again .
It comes and goes fast for sure. I've been thinking about how Halloween seems to have a 2 month build to it. Christmas seems to get a good 4-6 weeks. But Thanksgiving? It doesn't feel like people even bring it up till the weekend before it. Thankfully this thread builds up to it all year long!

Reactions: Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image