AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Yes! I'll be busy with cookies and wrapping and last-minute shopping until Christmas. I've seen hardly any Christmas movies yet---I'm hoping there will be some time for that, at least for my must-see's.

Hope you and Mr. are both well and can enjoy your merry break. No doubt you earned it.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Well it turned out to be too cold of a day for my brother and father to make it tonight. We’ll get together Saturday night after my work day. At least I didn’t stress as much baking and making food today. But it was an « off » day in the kitchen: I ruined a new recipe TWICE, I forgot to turn on the oven to bake cookies and I lost count of how many cups of powdered sugar I was measuring. Oh well, time to wind down and relax for the rest of the night.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good evening all!
Well tomorrow is the last day of school, and then it is Christmas Break!
-santa dance-

School will be fun tomorrow too. Normally at the high school we have exams on the last day; however, this year we did exams on Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow, teachers all came up with some other type of "class" or activity to teach or run. The students will go to 3 classes in the morning up until lunch time. Then, they will eat lunch and watch a movie and then go home early.
I am teaching a class about the history of Comic Books, and a class about what ComicCons are and what to do there. Should be a lot of fun and a nice way to end the week and start break.

Everyone have a wonderful evening and night!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Well, here we are...

We are close to the precipice of our favorite holiday...probably one of my last quiet moments before Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Finally, everything is bought. The kids and the wife are in bed. The TV is on a Christmas movie, but the volume is turned down. The lights are off, but the Christmas tree is on.

The focus is off of the hustle and its is now on family, cooking, and Christmas. This is where Christmas comes alive. We are going to start smoking some meat tomorrow night, play some games, and watch movies. We will likely do that the next four days. No more rush, no more shopping...just living and breathing Christmas.

I kinda lost that this season. I got too busy thinking about making Christmas happen, rather than letting Christmas happen. I wanted to make it perfect, instead of letting it be perfect. I got caught up in going and doing things, rather than just being present in the moment...the ones like this...

Sitting in the dark, looking at the lights, thanking God for all I have been given.

Friends, I don't know how much I will be here over the next few days. However, I hope you know how much I enjoyed our year and the build-up. I'm sure I will be back, but I wanted to stop and tell each of you Merry Christmas.

May your heart be Merry...

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Well, here we are...

We are close to the precipice of our favorite holiday...probably one of my last quiet moments before Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Finally, everything is bought. The kids and the wife are in bed. The TV is on a Christmas movie, but the volume is turned down. The lights are off, but the Christmas tree is on.

The focus is off of the hustle and its is now on family, cooking, and Christmas. This is where Christmas comes alive. We are going to start smoking some meat tomorrow night, play some games, and watch movies. We will likely do that the next four days. No more rush, no more shopping...just living and breathing Christmas.

I kinda lost that this season. I got too busy thinking about making Christmas happen, rather than letting Christmas happen. I wanted to make it perfect, instead of letting it be perfect. I got caught up in going and doing things, rather than just being present in the moment...the ones like this...

Sitting in the dark, looking at the lights, thanking God for all I have been given.

Friends, I don't know how much I will be here over the next few days. However, I hope you know how much I enjoyed our year and the build-up. I'm sure I will be back, but I wanted to stop and tell each of you Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas my friend!! Enjoy the next few days with the family!!

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Well, here we are...

Nice post and I'd be willing to bet pretty accurate for a lot of people. I like "making Christmas happen, rather than letting Christmas happen."

Thank you for the reminder . . . . Merry Christmas!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Farewell to Autumn MMC! Yesterday it hit me. It always does around the 18th/19th. It hit me that Christmas is DAYS away. It's the best feeling in the world when it hits you. I'm ready. I work today and then 5 days off for Christmas. Have a great Farewell to Autumn Friday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC!
I’m just having my coffee and I’m going over my menu plan for next week. I’m going to the butcher later to pick up a couple of things and order a ham for Christmas Day. Typical day otherwise of errands and chores and my husbands company Christmas party is tonight!
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

My company Christmas party was last night, and it was a blast! We had a catered dinner of prime rib and chicken parm, then the (fake) gambling began. By the end of the evening I was betting $10,000 a hand, two hands at the time, at the blackjack table. I felt like James Bond!

Tonight is Nancy's office party, to which I'm not invited o_O, so I envision Lulu and me on the couch, Polar Express on TV, with a bag of chips and a bottle of Tostitos Restaurant-Style Salsa. I love that stuff!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
-merry-

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Well, here we are...

Nothing better than Christmas lights on in a dark room and you can take it all in..
Merry Christmas Coach! Enjoy the time with your family!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
TGIF, Christmas friends!

My company Christmas party was last night, and it was a blast! We had a catered dinner of prime rib and chicken parm, then the (fake) gambling began. By the end of the evening I was betting $10,000 a hand, two hands at the time, at the blackjack table. I felt like James Bond!

Tonight is Nancy's office party, to which I'm not invited o_O, so I envision Lulu and me on the couch, Polar Express on TV, with a bag of chips and a bottle of Tostitos Restaurant-Style Salsa. I love that stuff!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
-merry-
Sounds like a fun party!!
Your night for tonight sounds perfect to me!! I am a big fan of chips and salsa too! :D

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Friday!!
I am just enjoying some coffee and going through emails.
We have a Christmas party tomorrow night and looking forward to relaxing on Sunday. I am working Monday but then off until 1/2. I am looking forward to it!
Hope you all have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Well, here we are...

Ballcoach! That would have made a great Special Post!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, my Friends.

Truly drawing near to our ultimate goal, now.
So close you can almost touch it with a long candy cane.

Let's check the chart:
Days to Christmas Day: 5
Wow.
Three-hundred and sixty-five down to FIVE.
Wow, indeed!

Quite chilly here all day yesterday and I never saw the temps out of the 40's.
At least it was dry and not windy.
Today will see the beginning of a gradual warming trend which will last through Christmas day, when we should surpass the 60 degree mark.
We again start off cold here this AM in central NC, with a temperature reading of 27 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Folks.
And a Lovely Last Weekend Eve before Christmas!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, my Friends.

Truly drawing near to our ultimate goal, now.
So close you can almost touch it with a long candy cane.

Let's check the chart:
Days to Christmas Day: 5
Wow.
Three-hundred and sixty-five down to FIVE.
Wow, indeed!

Quite chilly here all day yesterday and I never saw the temps out of the 40's.
At least it was dry and not windy.
Today will see the beginning of a gradual warming trend which will last through Christmas day, when we should surpass the 60 degree mark.
We again start off cold here this AM in central NC, with a temperature reading of 27 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Folks.
And a Lovely Last Weekend Eve before Christmas!
Thanks Crown! Happy Final Day of Autumn!

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
I vote for adding it to the Special Posts archive. Because regardless of when it was posted, it IS a Special Post.
I second what Merry said.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

Mom21

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 13, 2015
USA
Hello everyone, I have participated this "season" more than any other since Christmas Talk. Still not as much as I wanted but I lot more.

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed all of your posts. I really want to quote them all but not sure how to not re-post too much! But it has been a wonderful read for the mornings I have been able to. I just love reading what you guys have done, have left to do, how you're spending your evenings leading up to Christmas. None of my friends or family love Christmas as much as I do so it has really meant a lot. They have been nostalgic, whimsical and bring lovely thoughts of Christmas past and present.

THANK YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image