Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Your breakfast sounds yummy! Enjoy your visit with your parents. How are they doing?

My parents are doing pretty good, thank you for asking. We had a nice visit with them this morning! I hope all is well with you guys, praying your daughter is feeling better and is back to feeling 100% very soon! Hope you have a good night!
xx

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks, I returned a day early due to the impending storm on it's way tomorrow with freezing ice pellets creating 4mm of sleet, etc. threatening treacherous travel - the weather people keep trying to find new ways to keep us off the roads. I figured it was less stressful to drive in the beautiful sunlight today with dry roads than to worry about ice and other drivers.

Caught myself in the middle of two convoys so I made good time getting home; didn't even stop. It was much faster than the drop down.

Glad you made it home safe!!

Good Sunday morning, Christmas friends!

We took a quick trip to the mountains with Mama and Elizabeth. It’s supposed to rain all day, but I don’t care...I’m in the mountains!

I took Monday and Tuesday off of work, so I’m thinking a Star Trek binge is in my future.

I hope y’all have a great day!

Have fun in the mountains!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello all!
A rainy Sunday here in Ohio. Mostly sitting around today, but I will watch the Browns/Bengals game in about an hour. Go Browns!

Other than that it is a typical Sunday; laundry, dishes, the normal stuff.

I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Sunday!

another disappointing game!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
My parents are doing pretty good, thank you for asking. We had a nice visit with them this morning! I hope all is well with you guys, praying your daughter is feeling better and is back to feeling 100% very soon! Hope you have a good night!
xx

Glad to hear they are doing well! We are all doing well too! Thanks for asking. DD is back to feeling 100% - thanks! We are having a nice night - hope you are too!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I sadly took down the decorations today. I had a little energy and decided to make hay while the sun shines. I still have all the cards out from our card exchange. Don't be surprised if you get a Christmas in July card from me LOL

I need to see my brother this week. Tomorrow is eye exam to see how implant is working. If all is good, second implant will be two weeks from tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm getting another bag of donations for the church ready before year end.

The weather has been unimpressive here. Too many clouds and raining off and on for the past week. I miss the sun. It's also not cold so I never have an idea what to wear.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I sadly took down the decorations today. I had a little energy and decided to make hay while the sun shines. I still have all the cards out from our card exchange. Don't be surprised if you get a Christmas in July card from me LOL

I need to see my brother this week. Tomorrow is eye exam to see how implant is working. If all is good, second implant will be two weeks from tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm getting another bag of donations for the church ready before year end.

The weather has been unimpressive here. Too many clouds and raining off and on for the past week. I miss the sun. It's also not cold so I never have an idea what to wear.

Praying your appointment goes well for you tomorrow!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Hope everyone is well. My husband and I just returned from an overnight trip back home to take my mom home. She will start to pack up there and probably move down here in about 3 weeks. I was able to visit my Godmother, a good friend, and my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephews, aunt and uncle, and cousins. It was a great weekend (minus the Buckeyes HEARTBREAKING loss of course.) My aunt that was with us Sunday is my father's sister and since it was the first Christmas without him, my sister gave each of us (me, mom, aunt) several things in memory of him but the biggest thing was she took several of his flannel shirts (my dad ALWAYS wore flannels) and made a pillow out of each one for us. It was so touching and brought all of us to tears, but it was also so comforting to sit at the table and have his sister tell stories of them growing up. It was a day I think we all needed and I really enjoyed myself. Lots of tears, but many more laughs and the telling and re-telling of family stories is my favorite holiday tradition. It poured rain the whole 3 hour drive home and it was quite foggy. Now tomorrow I tackle laundry, cleaning, and slowly trying to convince myself to start taking down the trees. I'm in no hurry. The ONLY good thing I can say about this week being over is that I feel I have eaten my share (and then some) of Christmas snack food, sweets, and over-indulgent holiday dishes. I am looking forward to cooking some good comforting food. I feel like I haven't made a proper meal in two weeks! I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Monday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy New Years Eve Eve MMC! It's a rainy one today for the next to last day of 2019. I'm working. My brother is working. My other brother is going back to California today which is always a little sad and means Christmas really is ending now. But we had such a fun time it was the best one ever yet. And we already talked about Christmas 2020. Have a great New Years Eve Eve!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

I'm guessing you'll receive a good report from the eye doctor. You should be able to tell if there were any issues.

Sad when the decorations come down. I always leave a little Christmas corner out all year.

I call it "Grinching the Tree".

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Friends.

Very overcast here with rain a distinct possibility but with a nice warm temperature reading of 70 degrees.

Well, the year is winding down as is the lifetime of this thread.
I have the 2020 version all prepared now and ready for launch shortly after midnight Jan 1.

It's been a good year but posts were down again. Did we peak back in 2014?
Since then, we have been dropping, with a huge drop from 2016 to 2017.
Is there competition out there now we don't know about?
But no matter, the quality remains high, and that's the most important factor!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last waning days of Christmas Season 2019.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hope everyone is well. My husband and I just returned from an overnight trip back home to take my mom home. She will start to pack up there and probably move down here in about 3 weeks. I was able to visit my Godmother, a good friend, and my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephews, aunt and uncle, and cousins. It was a great weekend (minus the Buckeyes HEARTBREAKING loss of course.) My aunt that was with us Sunday is my father's sister and since it was the first Christmas without him, my sister gave each of us (me, mom, aunt) several things in memory of him but the biggest thing was she took several of his flannel shirts (my dad ALWAYS wore flannels) and made a pillow out of each one for us. It was so touching and brought all of us to tears, but it was also so comforting to sit at the table and have his sister tell stories of them growing up. It was a day I think we all needed and I really enjoyed myself. Lots of tears, but many more laughs and the telling and re-telling of family stories is my favorite holiday tradition. It poured rain the whole 3 hour drive home and it was quite foggy. Now tomorrow I tackle laundry, cleaning, and slowly trying to convince myself to start taking down the trees. I'm in no hurry. The ONLY good thing I can say about this week being over is that I feel I have eaten my share (and then some) of Christmas snack food, sweets, and over-indulgent holiday dishes. I am looking forward to cooking some good comforting food. I feel like I haven't made a proper meal in two weeks! I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Monday!

I was typing my reply when the internet and cable went down. Still had lights and heat and my CD player worked so I did some housework. Internet is back, but the cable hasn't caught up yet.

I'm glad you got time to spend together and the way you were able to include your father in your Christmas celebrations.

I have two of Gary's favourite shirts that I'm going to ask a friend to make into totes for me.

Keep a merry memory in your head.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning, Friends.

Very overcast here with rain a distinct possibility but with a nice warm temperature reading of 70 degrees.

Well, the year is winding down as is the lifetime of this thread.
I have the 2020 version all prepared now and ready for launch shortly after midnight Jan 1.

It's been a good year but posts were down again. Did we peak back in 2014?
Since then, we have been dropping, with a huge drop from 2016 to 2017.
Is there competition out there now we don't know about?
But no matter, the quality remains high, and that's the most important factor!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last waning days of Christmas Season 2019.

It appears that the only competition is time with family and that's something we can all smile about and then come here when our families and colleagues get tired of our conversations that always seem to find a connection to Christmas.

I was on here more steadily in 2019 than in previous years; it was a gift I gave myself - a merry lift.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
-smile- Merry Monday -reindeer-

I got so confused this morning, I thought it was Tuesday. Good thing, 'cause I don't have my Lotto Max and I don't want to be out in that nasty weather.

I was just getting my merry on here when the cable and internet went down at 7:20. Still had lights.

I wonder if the generator in the old field / extended arena parking lot helped me maintain some of my power.

Figured we’d lose some power at some point; the wind gusts were reported to be 54km/hr but it sure felt and sounded like they were stronger than that as they were coming from the East; directly at my kitchen window.

I grabbed one of several flashlights just in case the light go out. They flickered, but remained on. The building across the street has its lights on – it’s not on the same grid; mine is connected to the Barracks and a high school four blocks away, but somehow I think I might be connected to the huge generator.

I have batteries for my music box so if I don’t have TV or internet, I can listen to tunes.

Just finished my coffee/hot chocolate blend and my egg salad on pita breakfast when I lost my internet. Phone is out as well, but I have my cell so that’s a bonus.

My dad and I aren’t on the same power grid so if it isn’t a brown out or black out; either one of us can visit the other in a situation like this.

With not much else to do, I started my cleaning with music playing.

O’Malley doesn’t like the sound of the howling wind; I think it’s kind of cool. Good creepy movie sound effects. The cat isn’t use to so much quiet, I usually have music or TV on in the background when I’m on the computer.

Got the dishes done, moved onto the dining room table – packed up the unused cards for the next exchange, put away the gift wrap, boxes and bags, found four ornaments that never found a home this year so I have a few for next year, tidied up the bedroom, etc.

Power and internet are still out in some areas around the city; they say I have mine back, but nothing is visible on the TV screen just the notice that it should be available shortly.

That's okay; I have the radio on in the background to keep up to date on the news about the storm.

We wound up with half an inch of snow and then the freezing rain started in the wee hours of the morning. A bit of freezing drizzle continues; the winds seem strong. I heard a rattling sound at 5:45 that woke me up, I thought it might have been one of my lawn chairs banging around the balcony - nope, everything is still there, but someone lost a metal chair, I guess it was rolling around the parking; it was too dark to see at the time, but now I see it's in the garbage bin across the street. Heard three sirens already.

Glad I planned ahead so I don't have to go out today.-northpole-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image