Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy New Years Eve Eve MMC! It's a rainy one today for the next to last day of 2019. I'm working. My brother is working. My other brother is going back to California today which is always a little sad and means Christmas really is ending now. But we had such a fun time it was the best one ever yet. And we already talked about Christmas 2020. Have a great New Years Eve Eve!

Hoping he had a safe trip back!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Morning, MMC!! Well winter has returned here. Those 50’s and 60’s sure were nice while they lasted. I had some plans for today but I think I’m going to cancel them. I was up coughing most of the night so I’m just going to try and take it easy today and hope that it’s not the same virus that has had mom miserable for the last week and a half. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Hope you aren't coming down with it and you feel better soon!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning MMC. It was back to work this morning, but a half day tomorrow, off Wednesday, back to work Thursday and another half day Friday. Truthfully I'll be glad when it's Monday January 6 and the schedule gets back to normal.

It was 49 on the drive int his morning with a predicted high of 61. It's looking like the rain missed us. Low 70s for the weekend. I AM READY for Spring!!

Enjoy!

I say this all the time! I love the 'bers and Christmas, but once it is over, I am ready for the warmer weather and summer, but since I live in Central Pa, I'll be seeing snow and crappy weather in to April and even May.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
That's the important thing. The wonderful people who post here and what they have to say, however much or however little. Quantity means nothing; our MMC family is everything.

I couldn't agree with this statement more! I know some days myself, I don't get here everyday due to my work schedule or life events, but I know you all know I'm here in spirit. We're all family and no matter how little or how much we all say, it's important to each and every one us. I love visiting here and do look forward to it everyday. It truly brightens my day and I'm blessed to be a part of it!

Last edited:

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Love the rides! Now about those semi - frozen bare feet - ses on the chilled garage floor....-shiver-

Haha! Yeah, their feet I'm sure how to be cold, but their adrenaline I'm sure was taking over in the process!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
A Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone! The last countdown of the year is under way.

An “ugh” New Year’s Eve this year. Mr. has had a miserable cold for nearly a week, and one is just starting for me. There’s a good chance we won’t be awake for midnight ... if so, it’ll be the first time since we were married, and even before that we both had a tradition of staying up to see in the New Year. We’ll see how we feel, but based on how I feel right now, maybe not. I was just out stocking up on tissues and cold medicine.

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Good Final 2019 Morning, Everyone.

Hard to believe isn't it? Not only is the year ending but so are the teens, as we move boldly forward into the 20's. Seems to me such a short time ago that we were passing the 2000 mark and just look how far we are into this century. Frightening!
Well regardless, at midnight tonight, we will be transitioning into a new Countdown thread. Get you final posts ready!

Enjoyed reading your theories on why our posting is down. They make sense, but one thing not addressed is the sudden, HUGE drop from 2016 to 2017. We declined by 69 percent in just the one year. Both before and since, movement was relatively slow. Any theories on that particular statistic?
No complaints of course. We have a real nice group here. No need for it to be large just for the sake of being large! It's just an issue of curiosity for me.

Have a Terrific Tuesday and a Rousing Remainder of the year, Folks!

I think Jeff started a limited paywall in 2016 due to some copyright issues. Paying for Kringle Radio and the full podcast episodes may have put a dent into traffic. Have a healthy and joyous 2020.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Monday evening! A day of ice pellets, freezing rain and snow accumulation. I think I twisted something while scraping the ice off my car after work. I should ve ok with a little rest. I just came back to work from 3 days off and already I have two more days off. Looking forward to a nice, quiet evening tomorrow with my husband and our dog to ring in the New Year.

Enjoy your evening everyone!

Hope you're feeling better today! What a great way to ring in the New Year!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
A windy, rainy, snowy, sleety day today. The ups and downs of the weather has been matching my mood of late. I found a picture of Ralph, one that was taken during the same session when his official Air Force photo was taken. He has the biggest smile on his face and looks so very happy. I love that photo.

Over the course of the past year or so, there has been a foot-tall woodpecker in the woods. I've never seen it, although my brother did. I tried tracking it down by sound, but the only woodpecker I ever found that way was a little one, and I do mean little. That bird was so small you could barely see it on the tree branch. The other day I was outside waiting for my sister to come over and I heard a loud knocking in the woods. I was standing on the handicap ramp, looking out into the woods and right on the border of yard/woods, near the path to the pond, was the foot-tall woodpecker. My sister said Ralph was sending me a sign. Nice thought, that. :)

Praying everyone is safe during the storms and for peace and healing for those in need.

What a great memory to have of him. I'm continuing to keep you in prayer, Meceka.

Last edited:

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I'm in the Christmas Group on Reddit. I like it here much better, and i'm not just saying that. Too much spam and junk posts. Also, for the most part they are only super active from November - January. After that, it is just the 24/7 Christmas folks like myself who still post countdown stuff, when we hit the 25th of each month, and each of the milestone days, etc..

I love our daily countdown thread here, one of the biggest reasons i joined the site.

And now here we are on New Year's Eve at last! I am glad this day is here. Truth be told, once Christmas was over, i wanted it to be January 1st again. Each year between around December 26 - now, i feel like i'm frozen in time. It is a weird feeling seeing the tree up and decorations outside, but knowing that Christmas is "over" instead of when i put the decorations up in November and look at them and realize Christmas is "coming".

But, after January 1st, any decoration I see, or any item in a shop / store, its like my brain/heart has "reset", and its "Christmas is coming" again! Can't wait to ring in the new year's with you guys! This evening is going to be fun!

I'm on some Christmas groups on Reddit too, but I rarely check them. There is a lot of spam on there. It's much more enjoyable here and I feel it's like family.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy last day of 2019!
I’m heading out soon to make a big food shopping trip. I’m having the family over tomorrow, I’ll be making lasagna for dinner. We’re going out with my in laws later tonight so I’ll get a break from cooking :)
I hope everyone is well and has a happy and safe New Years Eve!!!
xx

Sounds like an enjoyable evening! Have a safe and fun night!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy New Year's Eve!!
I am working today until about 2 or so. We are going over to a friend's house tonight...they only live about 10 mins away. My husband is making baked stuffed shrimp, it is my favorite. We are having dinner and will play games. Then we will leave at 12:05...once the ball has dropped..lol
Hope everyone has a safe and great night!

Sounds like a fun evening with friends! Have a lot of fun!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning, y'all! Hope everyone is in a jolly mood on the last big event of 2019.

Plans for this evening? Well, there is some food on the smoker. Should be done about 5. After that, we might go to a movie....or we might stay home and watch a movie. Who knows?

What I do know is that I will struggle trying to stay awake until 11:00 central. If I can make it here at 10 central, I should be fine. However, even 10 is a struggle. Maybe a nap today will help.

If for some reason (sleep) this is my last post on this thread for the year, I want you all to know how much fun I had. Like always, it has been a blast. I hope you have a Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family, Coach!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good Morning, MMC!! Well winter has returned here. Those 50’s and 60’s sure were nice while they lasted. I had some plans for today but I think I’m going to cancel them. I was up coughing most of the night so I’m just going to try and take it easy today and hope that it’s not the same virus that has had mom miserable for the last week and a half. I hope everyone has a great day!!
Hope you are feeling better, Made!! So much junk going around out there!

Good Final 2019 Morning, Everyone.

Hard to believe isn't it? Not only is the year ending but so are the teens, as we move boldly forward into the 20's. Seems to me such a short time ago that we were passing the 2000 mark and just look how far we are into this century. Frightening!
Well regardless, at midnight tonight, we will be transitioning into a new Countdown thread. Get you final posts ready!

Enjoyed reading your theories on why our posting is down. They make sense, but one thing not addressed is the sudden, HUGE drop from 2016 to 2017. We declined by 69 percent in just the one year. Both before and since, movement was relatively slow. Any theories on that particular statistic?
No complaints of course. We have a real nice group here. No need for it to be large just for the sake of being large! It's just an issue of curiosity for me.

Have a Terrific Tuesday and a Rousing Remainder of the year, Folks!
Happy New Year, Crown and thank you for your countdown!

Good morning, y'all! Hope everyone is in a jolly mood on the last big event of 2019.

Plans for this evening? Well, there is some food on the smoker. Should be done about 5. After that, we might go to a movie....or we might stay home and watch a movie. Who knows?

What I do know is that I will struggle trying to stay awake until 11:00 central. If I can make it here at 10 central, I should be fine. However, even 10 is a struggle. Maybe a nap today will help.

If for some reason (sleep) this is my last post on this thread for the year, I want you all to know how much fun I had. Like always, it has been a blast. I hope you have a Happy New Year!!!
Happy New Year, Coach!!

A Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone! The last countdown of the year is under way.

An “ugh” New Year’s Eve this year. Mr. has had a miserable cold for nearly a week, and one is just starting for me. There’s a good chance we won’t be awake for midnight ... if so, it’ll be the first time since we were married, and even before that we both had a tradition of staying up to see in the New Year. We’ll see how we feel, but based on how I feel right now, maybe not. I was just out stocking up on tissues and cold medicine.
Hope you both feel better! My husband started feeling like he was getting a cold last night.

Sounds like a fun evening with friends! Have a lot of fun!
Thanks, Sugar!! Happy New Year!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Sorry to hear you and Mr. are under the weather. Praying you bother are getting to feeling better soon! Happy New Year to you both!

NovaMan

The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador
MMC Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon and Happy NYE's MMC! Can't believe we've hit the last day of 2019. It's been a blessed year, but I'm looking forward to what 2020 is going to bring for myself and my family. We'll be heading to my brother's house here in a few hours, to celebrate with my family, with lots of food, games, and will count down the evening and watch the ball drop. I do work the holiday tomorrow, so it will be a short sleep for me, as I'll have to be back up at 6 am. Tomorrow at work, several of us are bringing in food - pork, sauerkraut, hot dogs, kielbasa, and mashed potatoes - the real PA dutch meal! Hopefully bringing us good luck for the New Year! It's been so busy at work lately, hopefully we even have time to eat. I pray you all have a wonderful evening, whatever you all are doing and have a safe time doing so! Happy New Year! See you all this evening!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image