Status
Not open for further replies.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy New Year's Eve! As I count my blessings for the year, I am grateful that I found MMC and I am looking forward to the year round experience.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Just a short rant of frustration here:
So as I mentioned earlier, I fixed my son's new arcade joystick by rewiring the joysticks. I still contacted customer service because all three joysticks should work on a new product.
Issue #1: When I called, I was told to first go to the website and create a ticket there. This bothers me as I prefer to talk to a living person. Oh well, so to the website I go.
Issue #2: I have to create an account on the website in order to create a troubleshooting ticket. But I do it, because... what choice is there.
Issue #3: When I create the ticket, they want a proof of purchase. This means I have to take a picture of the receipt, download it to my computer so I can upload it to the ticket. I know there must be a lot of people scamming the company for free joysticks. :rolleyes:
Issue #4: I get an email back with the instructions to open the panel and see if the wires are properly connected. I already did this, but ok no problem. But the next instruction is that if the wires are ok (which they are) I will need a new joystick. However, in order to obtain said joystick, I have to create another ticket and this time include a video of the joystick not working!!!! Are you kidding me! The company makes a product that fails to work as promised and the burden is on me to take a video to prove it. Because again, people scam the company of out crappy arcade joysticks all of the time!!! :mad:

Not to mention, for me to remove the joystick and put in a replacement, I have to first figure out how to remove the insane amount of glue which is clogging the top of every screw head.

Whatever happened to good customer service, where the company goes out of its way to make things right!

OK, sorry rant over! Thanks for listening/reading.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
So as I mentioned earlier, I fixed my son's new arcade joystick by rewiring the joysticks. I still contacted customer service because all three joysticks should work on a new product.
Issue #1: When I called, I was told to first go to the website and create a ticket there. This bothers me as I prefer to talk to a living person. Oh well, so to the website I go.
Issue #2: I have to create an account on the website in order to create a troubleshooting ticket. But I do it, because... what choice is there.
Issue #3: When I create the ticket, they want a proof of purchase. This means I have to take a picture of the receipt, download it to my computer so I can upload it to the ticket. I know there must be a lot of people scamming the company for free joysticks. :rolleyes:
Issue #4: I get an email back with the instructions to open the panel and see if the wires are properly connected. I already did this, but ok no problem. But the next instruction is that if the wires are ok (which they are) I will need a new joystick. However, in order to obtain said joystick, I have to create another ticket and this time include a video of the joystick not working!!!! Are you kidding me! The company makes a product that fails to work as promised and the burden is on me to take a video to prove it. Because again, people scam the company of out crappy arcade joysticks all of the time!!! :mad:

Not to mention, for me to remove the joystick and put in a replacement, I have to first figure out how to remove the insane amount of glue which is clogging the top of every screw head.

Whatever happened to good customer service, where the company goes out of its way to make things right!

I’m sorry this is happening to you. I bought a dress back in October and was running in to the same issues. They kept asking me to create this and that, aren’t returning my phone calls, emails. Their customer is awful, although before I bought from I read their website and actually they got good reviews. I’ve given up on getting my money back. I hope you you have better success!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I'm on some Christmas groups on Reddit too, but I rarely check them. There is a lot of spam on there. It's much more enjoyable here and I feel it's like family.
I have been a member also for a few years, I dont run across much spam on it. A few ads once in awhile but not the annoying stuff that takes over and redirects you.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta

I had to heat the tip of a screw driver and push it through the glue and then unscrew it. I bought after market joysticks to replace the junky ones on the unit. The replacements need the ability to solder wires, have a drill and 2 sizes of drill bits either good black tape or heat shrink tubing. You end up with all aluminum sticks and teflon instead of platic bits.

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California

What system is this?

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
I had to heat the tip of a screw driver and push it through the glue and then unscrew it. I bought after market joysticks to replace the junky ones on the unit. The replacements need the ability to solder wires, have a drill and 2 sizes of drill bits either good black tape or heat shrink tubing. You end up with all aluminum sticks and teflon instead of platic bits.

Thanks for the info. The heater screwdriver tip is probably what I will have to do. The good thing is, the system can be played currently because of my switching the wires last night. So worst case scenario, I leave it as is and Henry can still play the games.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
A Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone! The last countdown of the year is under way.

An “ugh” New Year’s Eve this year. Mr. has had a miserable cold for nearly a week, and one is just starting for me. There’s a good chance we won’t be awake for midnight ... if so, it’ll be the first time since we were married, and even before that we both had a tradition of staying up to see in the New Year. We’ll see how we feel, but based on how I feel right now, maybe not. I was just out stocking up on tissues and cold medicine.

Praying you and Mr. are both better soon!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

I hear you. And welcome to modern times.
Customer service was sooooo much better when I was younger. And you ALWAYS talked to a live person WHO SPOKE ENGLISH such that you could understand them!
(Now, pardon me for MY rant!)

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Thank you all for a wonderful 2019. It was a blessing to share it with you as we counted down to Christmas. I look forward to an awesome 2020 with you all.
Happy New Year!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Final 2019 Morning, Everyone.

Hard to believe isn't it? Not only is the year ending but so are the teens, as we move boldly forward into the 20's. Seems to me such a short time ago that we were passing the 2000 mark and just look how far we are into this century. Frightening!
Well regardless, at midnight tonight, we will be transitioning into a new Countdown thread. Get you final posts ready!

Enjoyed reading your theories on why our posting is down. They make sense, but one thing not addressed is the sudden, HUGE drop from 2016 to 2017. We declined by 69 percent in just the one year. Both before and since, movement was relatively slow. Any theories on that particular statistic?
No complaints of course. We have a real nice group here. No need for it to be large just for the sake of being large! It's just an issue of curiosity for me.

Have a Terrific Tuesday and a Rousing Remainder of the year, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Happy New Years Eve!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Henry's friend is over and they are busy playing video games. They are looking forward to staying up and having their sparkling grape juice.

I hope everyone has a great time tonight!

Hope they have a fun evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image