Valentine's Day 2014 thoughts

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Anyone else hate to see Valentine's decorations in stores? Hey, don't get me wrong, I love seeing Halloween stuff in August, and Christmas items for sale in September, and Easter items in late February, and just about any other holiday I love welcoming in it's season.

But Valentine's Day, when I see chocolate boxes and teddy bears and other items appear in mid-January, it finally hits me: Christmas is over. And the last of the Christmas items are gone from stores and the Christmas season is at last over. :oops: So yeah, that's kind of the reaction I had a couple weeks ago in mid-January.

Anyone else feel that way ever? Now that we're in February, I'm ready to welcome Valentine's Day (and yes, I've begun shopping for my honey). :)

Reactions: 4 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Anyone else hate to see Valentine's decorations in stores? Hey, don't get me wrong, I love seeing Halloween stuff in August, and Christmas items for sale in September, and Easter items in late February, and just about any other holiday I love welcoming in it's season.

But Valentine's Day, when I see chocolate boxes and teddy bears and other items appear in mid-January, it finally hits me: Christmas is over. And the last of the Christmas items are gone from stores and the Christmas season is at last over. :oops: So yeah, that's kind of the reaction I had a couple weeks ago in mid-January.

Anyone else feel that way ever? Now that we're in February, I'm ready to welcome Valentine's Day (and yes, I've begun shopping for my honey). :)

Yes, all the time!!

It makes me feel rushed into a transition that I'm not ready for!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all holidays, but I am never prepared for Valentine's things in stores.

...And I love chocolates & conversation hearts! Haha!

Reactions: 2 people

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts

I don't mind it, I play with all the buttons on all the singing toys. cheesy

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
I feel that way too. But face it; Valentine's Day decorations are the only things that keep me from missing Christmas TOO much!

Reactions: 3 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I may be the minority, but I decorate and appreciate all the holidays. I am sure it is more because I am married, but I've always been that way, even when I was younger. DH and I really put a lot of thought into V-day. I realize that you shouldn't just love someone on that day, but we do make it extra special, since with little kids, it's hard for us to get away. We'll be going away for the weekend and I can't wait!

Reactions: 1 person

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I may be the minority, but I decorate and appreciate all the holidays. I am sure it is more because I am married, but I've always been that way, even when I was younger. DH and I really put a lot of thought into V-day. I realize that you shouldn't just love someone on that day, but we do make it extra special, since with little kids, it's hard for us to get away. We'll be going away for the weekend and I can't wait!

I don't think you're the minority. We celebrate & appreciate all holidays, too :)

I think it's just that Valentines Day is one of the first holidays after Christmas, so it is a reality that it is officially over [commercially] and to the rest of the world.

But it's always in our hearts for people like us!!! :grin:

We have had our decorations up for a few weeks now, and Adrian has been bringing me valentines, little gifts, and chocolate. We never celebrate on the actual day, but a weekend before or after, when it's not as busy. It's fun!

Have a wonderful time on your weekend trip!! And Happy Valentine's Day!!

Reactions: 1 person

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I don't think you're the minority. We celebrate & appreciate all holidays, too :)

I think it's just that Valentines Day is one of the first holidays after Christmas, so it is a reality that it is officially over [commercially] and to the rest of the world.

But it's always in our hearts for people like us!!! :grin:

We have had our decorations up for a few weeks now, and Adrian has been bringing me valentines, little gifts, and chocolate. We never celebrate on the actual day, but a weekend before or after, when it's not as busy. It's fun!

Have a wonderful time on your weekend trip!! And Happy Valentine's Day!!

Sounds like you guys are having fun!

Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image