*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Just picked these up last night.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Very nice!! Enjoy!

I plan to do some fall magazine reading today, too! I have Midwest living, country living, the cottage journal, and cabin life to catch up on. Always love the Fall/Halloween & Christmas ones best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
OOh fun!! I save my fall and CHristmas magazines and put them away with my decorations. It's like a surprise reading them again!!

That's a really great idea!
It's silly, I save them in a tote, but only take them out every once in awhile for ideas. I need to sort them better, and take them out for each holiday =] Thanks for sharing, friend!

Reactions: 1 person

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
I only had this idea as I was finding more and more places to store them around the house, lol! I love magazines and hate throwing out the good ones!! Glad I could help :)

Reactions: 2 people

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Weird thing in the food network magazine. Is article about putting butter on coffee

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

mommyby3

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 5, 2008
I need to get a copy of those ! I try to keep my old ones too.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Just got this today.

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I looked out the window yesterday at my mailbox and hollered, "Oh yay, pumpkins"!!! The magazine was placed in there upside down and that's all I saw. Made me happy! I lucked into this subscription, got a year for 5 bucks!

Attachments

• 1146441_1410261774.jpg
    1146441_1410261774.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
It was mentioned about saving old magazines. I have some from the 70's and 80's. Also if you go to some antique shops you can usually find some there. I have picked them up there and they don't really charge that much - around a couple of bucks. It's an awesome find!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I looked out the window yesterday at my mailbox and hollered, "Oh yay, pumpkins"!!! The magazine was placed in there upside down and that's all I saw. Made me happy! I lucked into this subscription, got a year for 5 bucks!

I just read mine the other day! Enjoy!!
And great deal! [emoji316]

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
I have always been into these types of magazines, even in my early 20's. While all my other friends were reading Cosmopolitan and Vogue, I was subscribing to Better Homes and Garden, Family Circle and other magazines like that! :lol:

Back then I loved to keep up with the fashion too but wasn't interested in those type of magazines. =)

I love this thread! Now I need to get the magazines that you got, XmasDreams!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I have always been into these types of magazines, even in my early 20's. While all my other friends were reading Cosmopolitan and Vogue, I was subscribing to Better Homes and Garden, Family Circle and other magazines like that! :lol:

Back then I loved to keep up with the fashion too but wasn't interested in those type of magazines. =)

I love this thread! Now I need to get the magazines that you got, XmasDreams!

Me, too!!
It was my Mom who got me into cooking & decorating, and making things cozy around the house.
Every birthday & Christmas, she would buy me holiday knick knacks, ornaments, signs, etc. So when I did have my own home, I could make it my own & festive.

What are your favorite magazine subscriptions?

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Me, too!!
It was my Mom who got me into cooking & decorating, and making things cozy around the house.
Every birthday & Christmas, she would buy me holiday knick knacks, ornaments, signs, etc. So when I did have my own home, I could make it my own & festive.

What are your favorite magazine subscriptions?

My very favorite has been Woman's World, a weekly magazine that has a little bit of everything. I always enjoyed the holiday segments. The other ones are just about every home decorating Woman's Day, Family Circle, Southern Living, Martha Stewart and I am sure there are plenty more, just can't think of them at the moment. They are all great for what we are discussing here as far as Fall/Halloween magazines!

I got this from my grandma. My mom never got into any of these types of magazines. I still have some magazines from my grandma that I need to get out of the attic! That is nice that you and your mom share this passion!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
My very favorite has been Woman's World, a weekly magazine that has a little bit of everything. I always enjoyed the holiday segments. The other ones are just about every home decorating Woman's Day, Family Circle, Southern Living, Martha Stewart and I am sure there are plenty more, just can't think of them at the moment. They are all great for what we are discussing here as far as Fall/Halloween magazines!

I got this from my grandma. My mom never got into any of these types of magazines. I still have some magazines from my grandma that I need to get out of the attic! That is nice that you and your mom share this passion!

I will have to check out Woman's World more!

I do pick up Family Circle from time to time, and Martha Stewart too.

My absolute favorite subscription is Country Sampler. I also subscribe to Cottage Journal, Cabin Life, Midwest Living, Country Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Good Housekeeping.

I wish I had more time for crafts, there are so many neat & fun ideas out there!

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
I will have to check out Woman's World more!

I do pick up Family Circle from time to time, and Martha Stewart too.

My absolute favorite subscription is Country Sampler. I also subscribe to Cottage Journal, Cabin Life, Midwest Living, Country Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Good Housekeeping.

I wish I had more time for crafts, there are so many neat & fun ideas out there!

I have a Country Living Christmas magazine sitting her on my nightstand from 1989. I picked it up at an antique store a few years ago. I was in the mood to look at it last night and just looks so cozy!

Going to check out a few of those you mentioned for fall/Halloween ideas!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I have a Country Living Christmas magazine sitting her on my nightstand from 1989. I picked it up at an antique store a few years ago. I was in the mood to look at it last night and just looks so cozy!

Going to check out a few of those you mentioned for fall/Halloween ideas!

That is so cool! Antique stores have so many treasures.

Country sampler has different pages in each issue that have written in the corner of the page "Decorating Secret!"
and there will be a photo to look at showing what they're suggesting. Neat ideas. One I want to do is take an old wood wine rack, and add wood planks to the center of it for shelves, and use it to display knick knacks. Another fun idea is to make your own headboard, take an antique door or shutter finish it, and use that instead. Talk about character! A Fall one is to take a crib's headboard, attach it to an old bench, paint it orange or black, and put scarecrows on it- front porch, yard, wherever! Basically use it as an autumn/Halloween vignette [emoji316]

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image