MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Christmas with the Kranks is great!! I always laugh when he gets soaked from the puddle and the awning!!
Don't forget to ask Rex the butcher for the white chocolate...

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
home early as things at the store were very slow. Not a lot of folks wated to go out in this nasty weather. It is now raining and drivig anywhere is a real adventure. We now have a wind warning. Radar does not look good. I am glad to be safe and warm at home.
Glad to hear!

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,
Just finished watching the Bruins win vs the St Louis Blues, this team is so Jekyll & Hyde this year.

Made it to my day off tomorrow, nothing planned but thinking about heading to the indoor flea market the next town over. A friend of mine got a vintage Christmas candle there back in November. Maybe make a quick run to KMART to see what they have left for Christmas.

Suppose to get in the 50's tomorrow, so a sloppy day on the roads awaits.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
So at some point I’ll stop gushing over all the reasons discovering MMC was one of the best things to happen over the holiday season. Or maybe I won’t. But reading this post it was like someone pulled my thoughts out and dictated them word for word. I’ve only been on the site for a few weeks now, but already feel such a sense of community. And what an impact it’s had on the PCBs. Most years, just wallow in silence, but reading and participating on the forum have done wonders to turn them into excitement for the coming season.

Just wanted to say while some may post here to alleviate their own thoughts or feelings about something, it may be helping others more than you know.

Enough of the preachiness, just want to again express my gratitude for this environment. Thanks everyone.

That's awesome to hear (or read?). And I feel the exact same way about this site. There's no other place in my life where I can keep gushing on and on about my love for Christmas and have people around who understand it, appreciate it, and partake in it. And for something that is so meaningful to me and for this to be the only place I can express how I feel about it really makes MMC important to me. And that's really not something people commonly say about an internet forum. It has helped tremendously in dealing with the PCBs. I mean I used to get deeply depressed when Christmas was over. It was the absolute loneliest times of my life, thinking I was the only one. But then one day, it occurred to me, I can't be the only one. And after some google searching I stumbled on this forum and just knew I had to be a part of it. To read what others have to say and what others are doing in preparation, during, and in the time after the season and to relate to it all and to contribute to those discussions is truly something I am grateful for.

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
I am coming to the realization that it is over, I am holding on to my Christmas music on my phone only because I know it will be nearly 10 whole months until it will be socially acceptable to listen to Christmas music full time. I love it so much., but the writing is on the wall for me to make that switch. I think I will be taking my trees down on MLK day, my day off after next weekend.

Same here. Even though at this point I still would rather hold onto it a tad bit longer and continue doing Christmassy things as opposed to anything else in my free time, that feeling of being compelled to hold onto it and scared to let it go has all but faded.

Even on my way home from work tonight I decided I didn't need to take the long route and just went straight home. Whereas in the first couple days of my work week I felt like I absolutely had to take the long route to see all the lights and decorations still up and get my fix so to speak. The next couple of days it was routine and a "why not?" kind of thing. And tonight I just decided to skip it, I did still see a few homes with lights, and that was enough for me.

Same with the movies and TV shows I have on my DVR. I'm not really actively watching them anymore, it's more or less just background, and at times I've even switched them off in favor of something else. Like Star Wars the other night and the college football championship last night.

But ya know what, the really crazy thing happening right now is Sounds of the Season Holiday is still going. The schedule said it was supposed to end Sunday the 8th. But I've been really surprised to see it still going this late into January. So I've definitely put it on for a bit the last few nights, it's been quite a pleasant surprise. And I'm genuinely curious if this is a mistake, or if someone in the control room has actively decided to keep it on, because this is something I always pay attention to as every year it is literally the absolute last thing to go from the holiday season, and I have never once seen it run this late.

Anyways, my mid size tree is still up and decorated along with the shelving unit I have, and I still continue to plug all the lights in when I get home from work. I just finished my first full work week back and have the next three days off. It's supposed to be overcast, windy, and rainy. Plus everyone in my house is gone. So I'm just going to relax and give the season some last few solid days of celebration. Watch each movie and TV show one more time as I see fit, listen to some Christmas music, and probably by Friday afternoon start dismantling my room and tree decorations and box it all up. Spend that evening still reminiscing, watch a last movie, or medley of scenes from movies, and then come Saturday I start my work week again. And I'm sure by then and as my second work week rolls on it will just about disappear.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Thanks. Well the vet confirmed it is a ball of fluid build up called Seroma. She put Raven on an antibiotic and an antiflamitory and it should clear up in a few weeks.
Awww poor little puppy, just wants to play. Hope it will be easy to give her her meds and that she will heal quickly. Does she have to wear the cone until everything is healed?

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Wednesday morning! It's extremely windy and raining and will continue tomorrow. I hate this crazy weather, can't it be actual Winter during Winter? Just work for me today. We're trying to secretely have everyone sign a card and buy a gift for a colleague getting married at city hall next week (she may go down South for a beach wedding, if her husband's health allows it). Not easy to do when she's working each day. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Wednesday morning! It's extremely windy and raining and will continue tomorrow. I hate this crazy weather, can't it be actual Winter during Winter? Just work for me today. We're trying to secretely have everyone sign a card and buy a gift for a colleague getting married at city hall next week (she may go down South for a beach wedding, if her husband's health allows it). Not easy to do when she's working each day. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!
The weather is crazy. We had snow and bitter cold now rain, wind and mild temperatures with sun coming out later lol.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! The weather changed from cold to warm over night. Should be mild through Friday now and then a colder weekend with maybe some snow. Still seeing lots of Christmas lights out. I'm appreciating them a lot in January knowing this is the last month we'll see them till November. Oh well yesterday was another busy day at work. Today will be pretty similar. Planning to go to Applebee's tonight if my brother feels better. He was sick yesterday.
Have a great Wednesday!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Morning MMC!! Our wind storm has finally passed by after 8+ hours straight. We had close to 2" of sleet and freezing rain/snow mixture late afternoon yesterday. Now its suppose to warm up today....idk whats going on with this weather.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !!

still here, did not blow away in the wind gusts last night that were as much as 65 mph....I have to go and look for my snow shovel. It rained as well so a lot of the snow is gone. Roads are icy now causing school buses to be cancelled again.
Do not have to be at work until noon. Just took the sourdough bread out of oven so it smells wonderful in here.

Still windy but not as bad as last night, gratefull our power stayed on. My brother has been without since 9pm last night. At least he has a generator.

Hope you all have a great day !

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning MMC !!

still here, did not blow away in the wind gusts last night that were as much as 65 mph....I have to go and look for my snow shovel. It rained as well so a lot of the snow is gone. Roads are icy now causing school buses to be cancelled again.
Do not have to be at work until noon. Just took the sourdough bread out of oven so it smells wonderful in here.

Still windy but not as bad as last night, gratefull our power stayed on. My brother has been without since 9pm last night. At least he has a generator.

Hope you all have a great day !
I was expecting to have to run mine last night,but the electric never went out. It only seems to go out when its 105° outside in July/August..lol

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Love Rocky movies. Really liked the last one they made I think it was in 2007? Then somehow I still haven't seen Creed...go figure!
Creed was pretty good, but that last Rocky movie, Rocky Balboa, was AWESOME!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, First Milestone approachers.

Can that be true? Can we really be close to our first Milestone of 2017 already?
Well, a quick check of our post number 1 chart tells us that we are in fact LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY from that point!

Days to the Season: 306
Days to Christmas Day: 348

Yes, Folks.
In a scant 6 days, we will be at the 300-day Season Window, ready to begin a 200's level count to the Season's beginning.
(Wow! The 200's so soon. Hardly seems possible. And yet........)

Well, we warmed up above freezing yesterday (and on into the 40's) at long last.
Today, the 50's.
Tomorrow, the 60's.
And Friday......the 70's?? (Well, maybe.)
Currently, we stand at 43 degrees here in central NC, grateful that we did not drop below freezing last night (which means the ice was melting all night long)!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone!

See you at the 'Pines this evening for the second open house of 2017.
There is plenty of beautiful, fresh snow at the inn and I have heard that Carl, always the opportunist, will be experimenting with coffee slushies, using the white stuff.
(Worth a try? I'll let you decide!)

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I do enjoy the Rocky movies. However, they do make me sad on two counts. First, the character Rocky is based on Chuck Wepner who fought Ali in the 70s. Apollo Creed is based on Ali as well. Anyway, Wepner was pretty much a no name that was supposed to be an easy win for Ali. Well, it did not work out that way. Ali won the fight but Wepner did better than anyone expected. A lot of Rocky's life in the first movie is based on Wepner's actual life. Stallone had several conversations with Wepner before writing the movie. Wepner did not receive anything though the story was based on his life and fight with Ali. Then, Rocky is from Philly as we all know and there is the big Rocky statue at the art museum in Philly. It is the statue from Rocky III. Well, Philly had a great REAL Heavyweight champion named Joe Frazier. Frazier has no statue and receives little recognition for being from Philly. Frazier also had opened a boxing gym in Philly for troubled youth. Frazier's son was also a boxer and ran the gym for a while. Joe is now dead and still no real recognition for being from Philly.

As you can probably tell, I am a big boxing fan. Though I must admit, right now there is a complete absence of talent in boxing. Especially in the US. I am hoping that changes soon.
Wow, I didn't know all that! And you're right; Smokin' Joe was a super guy!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Another slippery morning out there! There is a high of 52 predicted for today so it shouldn't stick around long!!

Not much new or exciting going on around here. Looking forward to the Pines tonight! :D

Everyone, have a wonderful Pines/Hump Day!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks. Well the vet confirmed it is a ball of fluid build up called Seroma. She put Raven on an antibiotic and an antiflamitory and it should clear up in a few weeks.
Awe!! (((Hugs))) to Raven!! Hope it clears up quickly!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I finally have been able to relax from this crazy start to the year. We are going to Mikes grandparents this weekend to celebrate Christmas with them. Carolina is so excited to see them. She hasn't seen them since Thanksgiving. We got to see them 2 times last week but unfortunately Carolina could not be with us because it was Sailors memorial service. Have a great night everyone
Hope you have a nice celebration with Mikes grandparents!
-merry-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image