MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
This up & down weather just messes with my sinuses!! And everybody around here has been sick with flu/colds/coughing...I have been coughing for almost 4 weeks. Everyone is saying it's lasting 4-6 weeks - up & down weather sure doesn't help. Mine is much, much better, but still coughing. Tired of it! I just wish it would get cold/stay cold & kill some of the nasty cold bugs out there.
The ice was all melted by yesterday afternoon, but then it froze overnight again & it was back this morning after so much rain/wind/thunder/lightening last night. Crazy weather.

Just saw on FB a couple we know who lives in town here lost the roof on 1/2 their house last night. She said it's down to the rafters. UGH!

Prayers for your friends. Hope they can get it fixed soon and that they don't have to much damage to belongings.

Hope you feel better soon!! Me and benadryl have been very good friends here lately.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I hear ya. I started my sneezing already from whatever causes it. Last year it didnt hit until March I believe.
That's a long season of sneezing!! o_O

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I hope for your sake you get some steady winter weather soon to kill the "bugs" and help your sinuses to straighten out!

The dry, intense cold the past several days has been really messing with my nasal passages. I had to inhale steam last night to get comfortable before I went to sleep. The warmer weather today means it'll be less dry, which is fine with me!
Thanks!
And I know what you mean. I have had a vaporizer/humidifier running in the house for the last couple weeks. SO DRY!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

It's a nice day here, sunny and should be around 65°F. Then it's mid-70's for at least the next 10 days, according to the weatherman. Not too bad.

We went to mama's for supper last night. Her chicken pot pie is great! Then she took Nancy & Elizabeth to her room to sort through her jewelry. She gave them both several nice pieces, most of which were gifts from my dad to her. She said she was ready to pass them down, to make sure they went where she wanted them to go. Her health is excellent, but she sure has been doing a lot of preparing lately. Oh well. The girls sure appreciated the gifts!

And she gave me a "My Pillow"! LOL

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Hope you love your "My Pillow" - I don't have one, but my sis/bil love theirs!!

Chicken Pot Pie sounds good! Nice that she is giving her jewelry to who she wants it to go too, though it's a bit morbid to think about! Praying she stays healthy & active for many many more years to enjoy Nancy & Elizabeth wearing her jewelry!!!

Have a great day Brad!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, MMC!! Its an icy morning here after all of the storms last night. There are cars in ditches everywhere and three have ended up in water. Thankfully everyone was rescued or got out okay. Just thee same old same old here today. I need to go see if I can find my plastic table that blew away last night at some point before the rain starts again. I might make some bread pudding too. It sounds good. I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Glad to hear everyone was ok. Hope you find your table & the bread pudding turns out well! (I have never made that before) Have a good day. Stay dry!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I haven't but I'm not surprised by anything. Seems like everything is going out of business. Hope they don't cause there's not many good places to go eat at that are affordable!
I agree!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Prayers for your friends. Hope they can get it fixed soon and that they don't have to much damage to belongings.

Hope you feel better soon!! Me and benadryl have been very good friends here lately.
Thanks made!!
I should take Benadryl before I go to bed at night to see if that helps!! Hmmm!
Sun popped out for about 5 minutes...now we're back to clouds. I'm sure you'll be sending me your rain later...

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
Just woke up here on the west coast. First day off after my first full week back to work. It's windy, wet, and overcast. Sounds of the Season Holiday is still going (which is crazy because I've never seen it go on for this long into January, but I'll take it!). I'm drinking my coffee, and just reminiscing about all those delightful mornings throughout the season that I did this same thing.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Pines Day!
Just a quick hello, been pretty hectic here. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the countdown, praying all is well. Over the past couple of weeks everyone in my family has been sick. I thought we were finally out of the woods but my youngest came down with a stomach bug last night. She was at the doctor a few days ago for a physical, I'm thinking she may have picked it up there. So frustrating. I guess when it rains it pours. I've been disinfecting like crazy, I don't want anyone else to get it. Hopefully everyone will be healthy after this! Not too much going on here otherwise. The weather warmed up a bit, we're going to have a high of 45 degrees today. Maggie had a groomer appointment this morning, it was nice to go out and not have to bundle up. Just working on some chores today and keeping an eye on my daughter. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is having a great day so far!!!

niktsak

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Sep 26, 2008
Went to bed last night and woke up this morning with a few inches of snow....ok...maybe two. But enough to shut down school and businesses. I know, I know....some of you just laughed hysterically at that....but our little communities and counties don't invest in much snow prevention equipment or materials seeing as how we go some years with no snow....we got more last night (2 inches) that we did last year!

Well, I'm going to enjoy a day off...even if it isn't needed. I just got back from a 2 week break!!!! There are a few perks to this school business....
same thing since monday here in thessaloniki greece!!!!!i am a guitar teacher and everything is frozen since it snowed for 2 days

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Snowflakemom- Hope your daughter feels better soon!!

Minta- Hope your furkid heals quickly too.
Thanks, Made...hope you have a great Wednesday!

Good morning MMC! Another slippery morning out there! There is a high of 52 predicted for today so it shouldn't stick around long!!

Not much new or exciting going on around here. Looking forward to the Pines tonight! :D

Everyone, have a wonderful Pines/Hump Day!!

Have a great day Holiday!

Happy Pines Day!
Just a quick hello, been pretty hectic here. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the countdown, praying all is well. Over the past couple of weeks everyone in my family has been sick. I thought we were finally out of the woods but my youngest came down with a stomach bug last night. She was at the doctor a few days ago for a physical, I'm thinking she may have picked it up there. So frustrating. I guess when it rains it pours. I've been disinfecting like crazy, I don't want anyone else to get it. Hopefully everyone will be healthy after this! Not too much going on here otherwise. The weather warmed up a bit, we're going to have a high of 45 degrees today. Maggie had a groomer appointment this morning, it was nice to go out and not have to bundle up. Just working on some chores today and keeping an eye on my daughter. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is having a great day so far!!!
Oh no...sorry to hear your daughter is sick! Stomach bug and colds are going around crazy here. Hope no one else catches it!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Hump Day! Just work for me and my youngest daughter is home with a cold. She had such a hard time falling asleep last night because she was stuffy and when she woke up her eyes had that glossy cold look so she is home resting. I cannot believe how warm it is outside.. I hope you all have a great day!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Hump Day! Just work for me and my youngest daughter is home with a cold. She had such a hard time falling asleep last night because she was stuffy and when she woke up her eyes had that glossy cold look so she is home resting. I cannot believe how warm it is outside.. I hope you all have a great day!!
Hope your daughter feels better. My brother got a cold too!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Just woke up here on the west coast. First day off after my first full week back to work. It's windy, wet, and overcast. Sounds of the Season Holiday is still going (which is crazy because I've never seen it go on for this long into January, but I'll take it!). I'm drinking my coffee, and just reminiscing about all those delightful mornings throughout the season that I did this same thing.
Is that a radio station Noodle? Or tv special?

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
Is that a radio station Noodle? Or tv special?

It's called MusicChoice, where there are a few dozen channels that play music 24/7/365. Each channel hosts a different genre like rock, jazz, pop, 70s/80s/90s era, etc. And one of those channels is called Sounds of the Season, where they play themed music for whatever particular season it is at any given point throughout the year. Halloween music at Halloween time, Irish music during St. Patty's week, Patriotic music during 4th of July, etc. And of course, Christmas music at Christmas time.

And appropriately, it ends when that particular season is over. My surprise right now is that I've never seen the Holiday music run this long into January.

I don't know every cable provider that has it. I have Cox, and the MusicChoice channels are way up there in the 900s. So check whatever cable you have to see if you have them. Maybe someone else can chime in who has another cable provider that also has the MusicChoice channels. And if you do, find Sounds of the Season, and the Holiday music is still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image