Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Hi friends! Hope you all have had a wonderful day!!! Snow is melting all over the place and it looks like it almost didn't even happen, in just 24 hours. Not complaining about easier drives into work but sad there will be more cars on the road again. Snow really is magical. Things quiet down and people seem to treat each other more nicely. Ahh, maybe one more time before spring! We shall see. Have a wonderful evening MMC friends!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
I agree with everyone about the weather. Five days ago we were in single digits and today it is in the 50's and it is going to be warmer tomorrow. I have my window open today; and although it is nice to air out the house, I should NEVER be able to open my window in January. I am one of those few crazy people who hates warm weather and loves snow. We have barely gotten any snow this year so far. I feel cheated!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

What's this? A left over Blossoms thread photo??
Nope.
It's Crabtree's Christmas tree. Took this photo this afternoon while walking out there. They have never kept it up this long before.
(All the interior decorations have been removed. I guess the main tree is just the last thing to go. Gave me a little lift to see it still in place, though!)

SydneyBeems

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 29, 2016
Rowlett, TX
That's awesome to hear (or read?). And I feel the exact same way about this site. There's no other place in my life where I can keep gushing on and on about my love for Christmas and have people around who understand it, appreciate it, and partake in it. And for something that is so meaningful to me and for this to be the only place I can express how I feel about it really makes MMC important to me. And that's really not something people commonly say about an internet forum. It has helped tremendously in dealing with the PCBs. I mean I used to get deeply depressed when Christmas was over. It was the absolute loneliest times of my life, thinking I was the only one. But then one day, it occurred to me, I can't be the only one. And after some google searching I stumbled on this forum and just knew I had to be a part of it. To read what others have to say and what others are doing in preparation, during, and in the time after the season and to relate to it all and to contribute to those discussions is truly something I am grateful for.
Once again, couldn't have said it better myself. And I commend the civility of the forum. Being able to talk about Christmas outside the "acceptable window" of time in December is refreshing. I heard someone use the term 'Christmas Creep' the other day and I laughed to myself thinking.....if they only knew. ha ha Christmas creep started for me on the 26th.

SydneyBeems

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 29, 2016
Rowlett, TX

Nope.
It's Crabtree's Christmas tree. Took this photo this afternoon while walking out there. They have never kept it up this long before.
(All the interior decorations have been removed. I guess the main tree is just the last thing to go. Gave me a little lift to see it still in place, though!)
A calming sight.

SydneyBeems

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 29, 2016
Rowlett, TX
Good Morning, First Milestone approachers.

Can that be true? Can we really be close to our first Milestone of 2017 already?
Well, a quick check of our post number 1 chart tells us that we are in fact LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY from that point!

Days to the Season: 306
Days to Christmas Day: 348

Yes, Folks.
In a scant 6 days, we will be at the 300-day Season Window, ready to begin a 200's level count to the Season's beginning.
(Wow! The 200's so soon. Hardly seems possible. And yet........)

Well, we warmed up above freezing yesterday (and on into the 40's) at long last.
Today, the 50's.
Tomorrow, the 60's.
And Friday......the 70's?? (Well, maybe.)
Currently, we stand at 43 degrees here in central NC, grateful that we did not drop below freezing last night (which means the ice was melting all night long)!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone!

See you at the 'Pines this evening for the second open house of 2017.
There is plenty of beautiful, fresh snow at the inn and I have heard that Carl, always the opportunist, will be experimenting with coffee slushies, using the white stuff.
(Worth a try? I'll let you decide!)
Almost in the 200's. Let's keep this moving!

SydneyBeems

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 29, 2016
Rowlett, TX
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

It's a nice day here, sunny and should be around 65°F. Then it's mid-70's for at least the next 10 days, according to the weatherman. Not too bad.

We went to mama's for supper last night. Her chicken pot pie is great! Then she took Nancy & Elizabeth to her room to sort through her jewelry. She gave them both several nice pieces, most of which were gifts from my dad to her. She said she was ready to pass them down, to make sure they went where she wanted them to go. Her health is excellent, but she sure has been doing a lot of preparing lately. Oh well. The girls sure appreciated the gifts!

And she gave me a "My Pillow"! LOL

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
There are an infinite number of reasons I wish my mom was still around, but one of them would be to show her your Star Trek Christmas photo of the Enterprise. She would completely LOSE IT. She'd probably make me find her one or photoshop it. Too cool!

SydneyBeems

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 29, 2016
Rowlett, TX
It's called MusicChoice, where there are a few dozen channels that play music 24/7/365. Each channel hosts a different genre like rock, jazz, pop, 70s/80s/90s era, etc. And one of those channels is called Sounds of the Season, where they play themed music for whatever particular season it is at any given point throughout the year. Halloween music at Halloween time, Irish music during St. Patty's week, Patriotic music during 4th of July, etc. And of course, Christmas music at Christmas time.

And appropriately, it ends when that particular season is over. My surprise right now is that I've never seen the Holiday music run this long into January.

I don't know every cable provider that has it. I have Cox, and the MusicChoice channels are way up there in the 900s. So check whatever cable you have to see if you have them. Maybe someone else can chime in who has another cable provider that also has the MusicChoice channels. And if you do, find Sounds of the Season, and the Holiday music is still playing.
That's awesome. I always liked Music Choice when we had Verizon (later Frontier). Time Warner also carried it. I always listened to Sounds of the Season from October on. Maybe there's a secret MMC elf programming their playlist still.

We have DISH now. They offer Sirius which cut out the xmas music shortly after the 25th. BUT.....they also have the DISH music channels and were still playing xmas music on their holiday station a few days ago. Need to check when I get home. I was rather surprised as well.

SydneyBeems

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 29, 2016
Rowlett, TX
I agree with everyone about the weather. Five days ago we were in single digits and today it is in the 50's and it is going to be warmer tomorrow. I have my window open today; and although it is nice to air out the house, I should NEVER be able to open my window in January. I am one of those few crazy people who hates warm weather and loves snow. We have barely gotten any snow this year so far. I feel cheated!
Exactly. We had our windows open as well. Doesn't seem right this time of year.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Nope.
Very nice Crown!

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015

Nope.

Awesome! Ya know overall I feel like so many more people have been into it this year than in the previous few years. I know that's the case in my area and think it's largely due to the weather being much colder throughout Nov/Dec/Jan than it had been in the previous few years. But overall I just get a sense that people have embraced the season more this year, especially now that we're a third of the way into January and there hasn't seemed to be such a big rush to box it all up and call it a day. There's still quite a few signs around that the holidays were just here, and big blatant signs like full displays and whatnot still up. Granted, they're getting fewer and fewer as each day comes, but it's not like in years past where soon after Christmas Day you can be hard pressed to find any sign of it. I can totally relate to seeing a tree like that up this long into January. That's something that would truly make me elated to see this late in January. Even though I can't see it for myself, I can see it through your post and its a great feeling seeing that tree still up. So thanks for that!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good afternoon. I was going to stop at grocery store by work to get more of the holiday creamer before they are gone until late fall. My kids love drinking hot chocolate with a splash of the International Delight Sugar Cookie creamer. Will stop at the store tomorrow after work as I have to take our puppy back to the vet tonight. Well she is not so much a puppy as she will be year old later this month but she was spayed 2 weeks ago and got loose the other and had a blast running around and making the kids chase after her. Well now her incision site is swollen, larger then an egg but smaller then a tennis ball with small seepage in one spot which is why the vet wans to see her. She acting normal with the exception of this bulge which just may be a collection of fluid.

Still cold today however they say we are suppose to warm up towards 50/60 degrees by the end of the week.

Have a great day!

Praying your puppy is fine!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy Pines Day!
Just a quick hello, been pretty hectic here. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the countdown, praying all is well. Over the past couple of weeks everyone in my family has been sick. I thought we were finally out of the woods but my youngest came down with a stomach bug last night. She was at the doctor a few days ago for a physical, I'm thinking she may have picked it up there. So frustrating. I guess when it rains it pours. I've been disinfecting like crazy, I don't want anyone else to get it. Hopefully everyone will be healthy after this! Not too much going on here otherwise. The weather warmed up a bit, we're going to have a high of 45 degrees today. Maggie had a groomer appointment this morning, it was nice to go out and not have to bundle up. Just working on some chores today and keeping an eye on my daughter. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is having a great day so far!!!

Praying your daughter is better soon and no one else in the family gets sick! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy Hump Day! Just work for me and my youngest daughter is home with a cold. She had such a hard time falling asleep last night because she was stuffy and when she woke up her eyes had that glossy cold look so she is home resting. I cannot believe how warm it is outside.. I hope you all have a great day!!

Praying your daughter is better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image