Status
Not open for further replies.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Good Morning MMC !!

still here, did not blow away in the wind gusts last night that were as much as 65 mph....I have to go and look for my snow shovel. It rained as well so a lot of the snow is gone. Roads are icy now causing school buses to be cancelled again.
Do not have to be at work until noon. Just took the sourdough bread out of oven so it smells wonderful in here.

Still windy but not as bad as last night, gratefull our power stayed on. My brother has been without since 9pm last night. At least he has a generator.

Hope you all have a great day !
Hope your brothers power came back on

Hope you have a nice celebration with Mikes grandparents!
-merry-
Thank you! We are very excited

This up & down weather just messes with my sinuses!! And everybody around here has been sick with flu/colds/coughing...I have been coughing for almost 4 weeks. Everyone is saying it's lasting 4-6 weeks - up & down weather sure doesn't help. Mine is much, much better, but still coughing. Tired of it! I just wish it would get cold/stay cold & kill some of the nasty cold bugs out there.
The ice was all melted by yesterday afternoon, but then it froze overnight again & it was back this morning after so much rain/wind/thunder/lightening last night. Crazy weather.

Just saw on FB a couple we know who lives in town here lost the roof on 1/2 their house last night. She said it's down to the rafters. UGH!
Saying prayers for your friends. Hope you feel better soon!

Happy Pines Day!
Just a quick hello, been pretty hectic here. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the countdown, praying all is well. Over the past couple of weeks everyone in my family has been sick. I thought we were finally out of the woods but my youngest came down with a stomach bug last night. She was at the doctor a few days ago for a physical, I'm thinking she may have picked it up there. So frustrating. I guess when it rains it pours. I've been disinfecting like crazy, I don't want anyone else to get it. Hopefully everyone will be healthy after this! Not too much going on here otherwise. The weather warmed up a bit, we're going to have a high of 45 degrees today. Maggie had a groomer appointment this morning, it was nice to go out and not have to bundle up. Just working on some chores today and keeping an eye on my daughter. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is having a great day so far!!!
Hope your daughter feels better. He stomach bug is my biggest fear

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Same here. Even though at this point I still would rather hold onto it a tad bit longer and continue doing Christmassy things as opposed to anything else in my free time, that feeling of being compelled to hold onto it and scared to let it go has all but faded.

Even on my way home from work tonight I decided I didn't need to take the long route and just went straight home. Whereas in the first couple days of my work week I felt like I absolutely had to take the long route to see all the lights and decorations still up and get my fix so to speak. The next couple of days it was routine and a "why not?" kind of thing. And tonight I just decided to skip it, I did still see a few homes with lights, and that was enough for me.

Same with the movies and TV shows I have on my DVR. I'm not really actively watching them anymore, it's more or less just background, and at times I've even switched them off in favor of something else. Like Star Wars the other night and the college football championship last night.

But ya know what, the really crazy thing happening right now is Sounds of the Season Holiday is still going. The schedule said it was supposed to end Sunday the 8th. But I've been really surprised to see it still going this late into January. So I've definitely put it on for a bit the last few nights, it's been quite a pleasant surprise. And I'm genuinely curious if this is a mistake, or if someone in the control room has actively decided to keep it on, because this is something I always pay attention to as every year it is literally the absolute last thing to go from the holiday season, and I have never once seen it run this late.

Anyways, my mid size tree is still up and decorated along with the shelving unit I have, and I still continue to plug all the lights in when I get home from work. I just finished my first full work week back and have the next three days off. It's supposed to be overcast, windy, and rainy. Plus everyone in my house is gone. So I'm just going to relax and give the season some last few solid days of celebration. Watch each movie and TV show one more time as I see fit, listen to some Christmas music, and probably by Friday afternoon start dismantling my room and tree decorations and box it all up. Spend that evening still reminiscing, watch a last movie, or medley of scenes from movies, and then come Saturday I start my work week again. And I'm sure by then and as my second work week rolls on it will just about disappear.

Well, maybe they finally realized Christmas music is so much better than that Pulse music stuff.
I know in years past a few of us, including myself, were writing the Music Choice people asking for a full time Christmas music station. They always responded that they would look into it, or they didn't have enough free channels to do it.
Now with smart tvs, and cable companies offering Pandora through the box, Christmas music is available whenever you want through your TV. I found myself using Pandora more than Music Choice this year, especially now that Music Choice is clearly sticking to contemporary artists more than the classics.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
The weather is crazy. We had snow and bitter cold now rain, wind and mild temperatures with sun coming out later lol.
I got up this morning, and POOF! All my beautiful snow had melted away because of the rain and 50 degree temps.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

I finally switched my micro-SD card in my phone from all Christmas to my regular music micro-SD card tonight. After listening to it for 2 months straight, I felt it was time, I miss it already.
I made the run to KMART and the indoor flea market today, 75% off at Big K, I picked up a "marquee" that lights up the word snow. I picked that one so I could keep it up through the winter, they also had ones that said Noel and another that said Joy. I am waiting to see if they will survive until they get down to 90% off, then I will grab the others. No luck at the flea market, they had items (antique Santas) I liked but I didn't want to pay the prices.
A few more days to enjoy my trees, the wife is making plans for us to go out on Monday, so I may get a few more days with them. I am not complaining.
I hope you all had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! Been awake since roughly 4am, could've done with more sleep but my mind started running a mile a minute. And then just when I was starting to settle down again, I got a fraudulent text telling me my bank account had been frozen, please enter your info at this website blablabla. I should put my phone in night mode so I don't get disturbed by stupid texts like that. Gonna report it to my bank.

Hubby got some good news and bad news yesterday. His physiotherapist thinks he'll be ok to go back to work at the end of the month. But he also learned that one of his colleague's dad passed away in a freak snowmobile accident. And her grandmother who had been ill for a while passed away as well. Incredibly sad, I don't know his coworker personnally but she's in my thoughts.

To everyone battling some bug this week, I hope you feel better soon. Have a great day everyone!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good Thursday morning! Been awake since roughly 4am, could've done with more sleep but my mind started running a mile a minute. And then just when I was starting to settle down again, I got a fraudulent text telling me my bank account had been frozen, please enter your info at this website blablabla. I should put my phone in night mode so I don't get disturbed by stupid texts like that. Gonna report it to my bank.

Hubby got some good news and bad news yesterday. His physiotherapist thinks he'll be ok to go back to work at the end of the month. But he also learned that one of his colleague's dad passed away in a freak snowmobile accident. And her grandmother who had been ill for a while passed away as well. Incredibly sad, I don't know his coworker personnally but she's in my thoughts.

To everyone battling some bug this week, I hope you feel better soon. Have a great day everyone!

Hi M, Sorry to hear you other half has been unwell. Glad to hear he has been give the ok to return to work. Hope his recovery continues. That is very sad news about his colleague's relatives. Prayers for strength for their family.
Have a great day.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I agree with everyone about the weather. Five days ago we were in single digits and today it is in the 50's and it is going to be warmer tomorrow. I have my window open today; and although it is nice to air out the house, I should NEVER be able to open my window in January. I am one of those few crazy people who hates warm weather and loves snow. We have barely gotten any snow this year so far. I feel cheated!
We are under severe weather warnings for snow but so far none. I hope we see a little :) hope you get some too!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Happy Pines Day!
Just a quick hello, been pretty hectic here. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the countdown, praying all is well. Over the past couple of weeks everyone in my family has been sick. I thought we were finally out of the woods but my youngest came down with a stomach bug last night. She was at the doctor a few days ago for a physical, I'm thinking she may have picked it up there. So frustrating. I guess when it rains it pours. I've been disinfecting like crazy, I don't want anyone else to get it. Hopefully everyone will be healthy after this! Not too much going on here otherwise. The weather warmed up a bit, we're going to have a high of 45 degrees today. Maggie had a groomer appointment this morning, it was nice to go out and not have to bundle up. Just working on some chores today and keeping an eye on my daughter. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is having a great day so far!!!

Praying your daughter gets well soon and the rest of you don't catch it. Sorry to hear you all have been struggling with illness. Take care HMG

Happy Hump Day! Just work for me and my youngest daughter is home with a cold. She had such a hard time falling asleep last night because she was stuffy and when she woke up her eyes had that glossy cold look so she is home resting. I cannot believe how warm it is outside.. I hope you all have a great day!!

Prayers for your daughter to recover soon SFM. Hope all else is well.

Looks like it's going to be another rainy night!!! I'm going to let my girl out, get groceries, & visit mom before heading to the Pines! Everyone, have a good evening.

See you at the Pines!!!

How is Gracie ad your mum doing? Hope all is well there. Hope you guys are doing well.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning! It's Thursday or as we like to say Friday Eve. It's very mild here for January. Temps today into the 50s! It's supposed to chill down during the weekend though. But next week looks overall mild again with temps at least into the 40s. Anyone have Monday off? I don't. But next week I need to put in for my day after the Superbowl vacation day that I've been thinking of taking. It's been pretty good so far this winter because even when it snows its on the weekend mostly so I haven't had to deal much with driving in snow to work and home.
Enjoy your Thursday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
Woke up pretty early with my oldest, she has an interview this morning for a new job. Just relaxing and having my coffee right now. Watching Sophia & Rosie run laps around the house. Crazy cats. It will be a typical day of errands and chores. I may take a ride to the Christmas Tree Shop to pick up some new decorations for Valentines Day. That's about it. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
I got up this morning, and POOF! All my beautiful snow had melted away because of the rain and 50 degree temps.
Same thing happened to us overnight. Back to square one again and now we have a rain advisory out for torrential downpours. If it was colder we would be getting 2' of snow.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Guys.

Creeping up on that first Milestone!
(More on that, momentarily.)

First, the morning count:
Days to the Season: 305
Days to Christmas Day: 347

And wonder of wonders, we discover ourselves just FIVE short days away from Milestone #1 of 2017, the 300-day Season marker, to be succeeded immediately by the commencement of a Season count numbering in the 200's.
(Put that in your Santa pipe and smoke it!)

The weather?
Well, it is much improved. And with steady temperatures above freezing, just about all of the accumulated ice is gone. (And good riddance!)
Currently, we are standing at 56 degrees here in the capital city.

I am pleased to note, on my morning walks, that many of the houses in our neighborhood still have at least some of their Christmas decorations up.
It is like this every year. At least one or two houses will not get around to removing the last of their decorations until the end of January or sometimes even into February. I love looking for them and speculating as to which one will be the last.
(Makes the walk more entertaining!)

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Guys.

Creeping up on that first Milestone!
(More on that, momentarily.)

First, the morning count:
Days to the Season: 305
Days to Christmas Day: 347

And wonder of wonders, we discover ourselves just FIVE short days away from Milestone #1 of 2017, the 300-day Season marker, to be succeeded immediately by the commencement of a Season count numbering in the 200's.
(Put that in your Santa pipe and smoke it!)

The weather?
Well, it is much improved. And with steady temperatures above freezing, just about all of the accumulated ice is gone. (And good riddance!)
Currently, we are standing at 56 degrees here in the capital city.

I am pleased to note, on my morning walks, that many of the houses in our neighborhood still have at least some of their Christmas decorations up.
It is like this every year. At least one or two houses will not get around to removing the last of their decorations until the end of January or sometimes even into February. I love looking for them and speculating as to which one will be the last.
(Makes the walk more entertaining!)

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Love those houses that keep their lights up through January!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image